Kazuki Tomono | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Kazuki Tomono

AQFS

On the Ice
Thank you!

His little wave in the beginning reminds me of water ripple.
Oh no, the 4S fall... was it under-rotated, hence the fall?

Not quite sure myself but hopefully he has better luck with the 4S in the real competition

Weetos

Final Flight
Yay, thanks :D

I am the opposite of a technical expert but it didn't look very under-rotated if it was. Hopefully will not be a problem tomorrow :pray:
And the 3A looked very nice

khtmyzr

Final Flight
Not quite sure myself but hopefully he has better luck with the 4S in the real competition

Yay, thanks :D

I am the opposite of a technical expert but it didn't look very under-rotated if it was. Hopefully will not be a problem tomorrow :pray:

I hope so too. Get that medal, Kazuki! :pray:

I’m someone still trying to learn myself. :p I just noticed that his legs were still crossed at the time of landing, causing him to fall. So I assumed that it might be because he didn’t make enough rotation to unwind/unwrap(?) his legs. I could be totally wrong though :laugh:

Weetos

Final Flight
It was under, I meant it didn't seem like he landed forward so wasn't the worst, I really have no idea what I'm talking about :laugh:

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
THANK YOU SO MUCH to EVERYONE sharing updates and links or just taking the time to post and keep Kazuki's fan fest active! :thank:

I had A LOT of stuff going on the last couple of months (for the last year, actually :hpull:) which limited my time in the forum.
Then JGP started... and as many of you already know I'm an ardent supporter of TJ's junior men which is of course, how I became a fan of Kazuki.

Anyway, Good Luck to Kazuki at Lombardia Trophy! Looking forward to FINALLY seeing his FS! :)pray: for video since I'll be working during the Men's FS :cry:)
May he impress with both programs and have a decent start to his season. (He can save the flawless performances for his GPs :biggrin:) Most importantly I hope this is an enjoyable competition for him.

EDIT: To partially answer the question up thread regarding the process of qualifying for Nationals~

A certain number of skaters from each of the regional competitions or "blocks" will advance to sectionals (number of skaters advancing varies depending on competition).
Qualifyers from Tohoku/Hokkaido, Kanto and Tokyo blocks compete at Eastern Sectionals. Qualifyers from Chubu, Kinki, and Chugoku-Shikoku Kyushu go to Western Sectionals.
As khtmyzr already mentioned, the men and ladies have 30 spots each at Nationals. Top 3 from the previous year (seeds) automatically qualify without needing to attend regionals or sectionals.
Top 6 placements at Junior Nationals also get the opportunity to compete at Nationals.
That leaves 21 spots available for skaters coming from sectionals. Last year, 11 men advanced from the West and 9 from the East. I believe the extra spot was intended for Yuzuru.

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States

Imov

Medalist
Goodluck on your Skate today Kazuki
Lombardia seems to me like Japan's small power bean festival. (shoma and kazuki are so kawaii)

khtmyzr

Final Flight
THANK YOU SO MUCH to EVERYONE sharing updates and links or just taking the time to post and keep Kazuki's fan fest active! :thank:
EDIT: To partially answer the question up thread regarding the process of qualifying for Nationals~

Welcome back and thank you so much for the explanation!

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Looks like I won't be able to watch Kazuki after all =_= Good luck to him! Looking forward to watching his video in the evening. I hope he enjoys his performance! Ganba!

Weetos

Final Flight
OOH, Seems Kazuki will be the first on ice tomorrow. Good Luck to him!! :pray:
http://www.fisg.it/upload/result/4802/SEG003.HTM

That reaction when he got 1st :laugh:
https://twitter.com/aravesque21/status/1039935391183384578

And Shoma trying his glasses :laugh:
https://twitter.com/tigerlily4lo/status/1039937058540793856

That cheer :rofl: that means he'll be skating before I get home, I'll have to try to watch it on my phone on the bus :drama:

Good luck Kazuki!!

I had A LOT of stuff going on the last couple of months (for the last year, actually :hpull:) which limited my time in the forum.
Then JGP started... and as many of you already know I'm an ardent supporter of TJ's junior men which is of course, how I became a fan of Kazuki.

Anyway, Good Luck to Kazuki at Lombardia Trophy! Looking forward to FINALLY seeing his FS! :)pray: for video since I'll be working during the Men's FS :cry:)
May he impress with both programs and have a decent start to his season. (He can save the flawless performances for his GPs :biggrin:) Most importantly I hope this is an enjoyable competition for him.

Welcome back! I have to keep reminding myself he has two GP spots already so yes, he can save the flawless performances for later

Honestly though look at these two little beans
https://twitter.com/europeonice/status/1039979981978456069

KiraraChin

Medalist

A certain number of skaters from each of the regional competitions or "blocks" will advance to sectionals (number of skaters advancing varies depending on competition).
Qualifyers from Tohoku/Hokkaido, Kanto and Tokyo blocks compete at Eastern Sectionals. Qualifyers from Chubu, Kinki, and Chugoku-Shikoku Kyushu go to Western Sectionals.
As khtmyzr already mentioned, the men and ladies have 30 spots each at Nationals. Top 3 from the previous year (seeds) automatically qualify without needing to attend regionals or sectionals.
Top 6 placements at Junior Nationals also get the opportunity to compete at Nationals.
That leaves 21 spots available for skaters coming from sectionals. Last year, 11 men advanced from the West and 9 from the East. I believe the extra spot was intended for Yuzuru.

Thank you so much for your explanation!

Ganbatte, Kazuki-kun!

AQFS

On the Ice

Happy to see you back, thanks for starting this thread and for the explanation.

But I think Kazuki is exempted from Sectional competition as mentioned in this tweet as it may be close to one of his competitions

https://twitter.com/figureskatingm1/status/1039044165831544833

That cheer :rofl: that means he'll be skating before I get home, I'll have to try to watch it on my phone on the bus :drama:

Good luck Kazuki!!

Poor baby, but he is still so cute even when frustrated :laugh: