2017 Philadelphia Summer Championships | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 Philadelphia Summer Championships

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for the timetable, theoreticalgirl! (Even if I had to do all the conversions twice because you wrote the dates backwards :biggrin: )

I still haven't decided if I'm going to pay up the money. There's one part of me that thinks there's no way I should give in to such blatant extortion...

...but then my heart is pleading to see Max's new programs...

Well, for goodness sake, make bootleg copies and post them on Youtube.

Just make sure you give me a heads up before they take them down and sit you in the naughty chair again.:laugh:

I'm only half joking, you know.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
theoreticalgirl, thanks for replying. Appreciate all your information. :bow:

Oh, ice coverage, I'm so happy for you that you might be there in person to see Max's new programs!

Well, for goodness sake, make bootleg copies and post them on Youtube.

Just make sure you give me a heads up before they take them down and sit you in the naughty chair again.:laugh:

I'm only half joking, you know.

Well, we'll see...perhaps I will be inclined to let you into The Room Where It Happens, Give You Love, you know? But you might have to Wait for It...

I'm aware that was a dreadful set of puns, yes.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is anyone going to the the international portion and watching the senior ladies events? I was checking out the livestreams for the rink and they seem awfully pricey ($25 for 24hr) and I was wondering if anyone would be taking videos of the skaters :D

Wow, if only I had some video skills I could return the karma of all those excellent folks who have taken fancams over the years that I have enjoyed. :drama:

I will be watching the international ladies SP in spite of myself on Saturday, to kill time between Deanna and Nate and the men. Sorry to say, my video skills lag between slim and none, so I will not be able to help. :noshake:

luvsasha

Final Flight
Does anyone know the difference between the ISU events and the Senior Events? Is it different skaters...?

shadowsinwinter

Rinkside
Oh, ice coverage, I'm so happy for you that you might be there in person to see Max's new programs!

Well, we'll see...perhaps I will be inclined to let you into The Room Where It Happens, Give You Love, you know? But you might have to Wait for It...

I'm aware that was a dreadful set of puns, yes.

lol, those are some pretty good puns. In fact, one might say that you certainly did not throw away your shot to make them. If you do post bootlegs, please give us a heads up here? I'd love to see a couple of the ladies' programs.

Wow, if only I had some video skills I could return the karma of all those excellent folks who have taken fancams over the years that I have enjoyed. :drama:

I will be watching the international ladies SP in spite of myself on Saturday, to kill time between Deanna and Nate and the men. Sorry to say, my video skills lag between slim and none, so I will not be able to help. :noshake:

Eh, that's no problem, god knows I have tried taking videos of skaters myself, it's harder than it seems!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I should note that the men's SP at Liberty is at 5:30am on a Saturday morning and I am not a morning person, so any...thoughts...I share will be likely very limited as I will still be half-asleep.

RUKen

Rinkside
Does anyone know the difference between the ISU events and the Senior Events? Is it different skaters...?

Yes, different skaters are competing. The ISU competition consists of junior- and senior-level events in men's and ladies' skating, and the skaters may use their results to qualify for championship events (Four Continents, Europeans, World Championships, Jr. World Championships, Olympics) if they reach the minimum scores set by the ISU. The club competition consists of novice-, junior-, senior-, and lower-level events in men's, ladies', and pairs' skating. For the higher level skaters (such as Daisuke Murakami), their participation essentially serves as a warmup for upcoming ISU events. Their results will not count for anything in the ISU world.

Nigel

On the Ice
Anyone have a complete list of the international competitors at the Junior level?

concorde

Medalist
Team USA started to arrive yesterday and we got to see Starr practice her 3A. Vincent was just arriving as we were exiting.

I believe I just say Timothy Dolenski in our hotel lobby.

RUKen

Rinkside
Anyone have a complete list of the international competitors at the Junior level?

Junior Ladies
Amanda Kalluf Brazil
Sophie Abrams Israel
Anatassiya Khvan Kazakhstan
Jiwon Lee Korea
Courtney Kuhn South Africa
Ting Cui United States (2USNov.)

Junior Men
Yamato Rowe Philippines
Ryan Dunk United States (3USJr.)
Kendrick Weston United States
Joseph Kang United States (2USNov.)
Maxim Naumov United States (1USNov.)

concorde

Medalist
The Junior Ladies short has now ended.

Amanda Kalluf Brazil. Skated last. Spins were VERY slow.

Sophie Abrams Israel. Skated 2nd. Very lovely skater who kinda reminded me of Alyssa C. She fell on one of her jumps.

Anatassiya Khvan Kazakhstan - withdrew.

Jiwon Lee Korea Skated 3rd. I really think that jet lag got the best of this skater. Her spins seemed off and she fell out of at least one of her jumps.

Courtney Kuhn South Africa - withdrew.

Ting Cui United States (2USNov.) Skated first. When she as "on," she was lovely but she fell twice.

Team USA added a skater who was not listed above - I think it was Paige R. She skated 4th and doubled most of her jumps. After her skate, I believe she was 3rd with 1 skater left to go.

NOTE: The acoustics in this rink were horrible to it was hard to hear who each skater was and how they scored. Ting Chu got first and the other Team USA skater got 3rd.

concorde

Medalist
Watching some of the Senior men practice. Just watched Max do a couple amazing 4toe + 3toe combinations.

charmblade

Final Flight
I'd love (and I'm sure others would as well) any info you might have on Max's program music as well as continued reports on his practice. So happy to hear he's landing awesome quad combos!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Junior International SP results:

LADIES

1 Ting Cui USA 31.73 + 24.28 - 2.00 = 54.01

2 Jiwon Lee KOR 28.63 + 20.64 = 49.27

3 Paige Rydberg USA 21.80 + 21.92 = 43.72

4 Sophie Abrams ISR 19.67 + 20.12 - 1.00 = 38.79

5 Amanda Kalluf BRA 6.37 + 15.44 - 1.00 = 20.81

MEN

1 Ryan Dunk USA 33.27 + 27.33 = 60.60

2 Maxim Naumov USA 31.73 + 28.67 = 60.40

3 Joseph Kang USA 27.26 + 25.92 = 53.18

4 Kendrick Weston USA 24.34 + 27.25 = 51.59

luvsasha

Final Flight
Great, thank you so much! Do we have a list of which skaters are competing in the ISU vs the Senior?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Great, thank you so much! Do we have a list of which skaters are competing in the ISU vs the Senior?

I will use men as an example, since my heart lies there: Murakami, Dyer, Savary and Melnyk (?), whoever is in the first post of this thread will skate as part of the "Senior" group (to keep it straight in my head I call it the "club" comp). Everyone else for the men (see my post #11) will skate as the International comp. So tomorrow afternoon I will :hap10:

And there is only one comp for pairs (and only a few entered), so I will stay to the end after the men to cheer on Deanna and Nate. Even if it means club rink version of "Eleanor Rigby":eeking:

essence_of_soy

On the Ice
I should note that the men's SP at Liberty is at 5:30am on a Saturday morning and I am not a morning person, so any...thoughts...I share will be likely very limited as I will still be half-asleep.

I admire your dedication.

A few times last season I suffered through virtual jet-lag watching o/s live streams from Australia.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Watching some of the Senior men practice. Just watched Max do a couple amazing 4toe + 3toe combinations.

Well, THIS is encouraging news. Please give us your take on his new programs after the competition.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I admire your dedication.

A few times last season I suffered through virtual jet-lag watching o/s live streams from Australia.

I would not normally do this for a summer comp, but it's an opportunity to see Max's new, Olympic programs a full month earlier than I was expecting to see them. I'm not about to miss it.