2017 Glacier Falls FSC Summer Classic | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2017 Glacier Falls FSC Summer Classic

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I don't know why, but I just love Grant Hochstein's style. If he could nail that quad he would definitely be in the conversation nationally.

I love Grant's style and the way he channels the music. He's put a lot of work into the 4T and is fairly successful with it. At Skate Detroit he popped it to a 2T in the SP, but did a clean 4T in the FS. It is kind of funny when I think about his consistency because he has more clean 4Ts than Ross has 4S, plus Jason who has none, Adam who has maybe 1, and Alexander Johnson who has none. I love them all, but Grant is special to me.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
I think there was a UR as well with Karen but huh, I actually really liked that. There are some bits here and there that make me tilt my head but overall, I think it's potentially an excellent vehicle for her this season, if she's performing it like this now.

With Jason I really get into the whole program in the second half. The first half is still off somehow, I don't think he's quite there yet with the music. If I were to pin point, I'd go - give me more edge, more edgy drama. It's theatre! but the second half is already fine for me. Good to see that quad attempt even if he was << and down but he has to get it out-there, he has no more time.

statmam

On the Ice
I don't know why, but I just love Grant Hochstein's style. If he could nail that quad he would definitely be in the conversation nationally.
For me, it's his attention to line and posture. He's not tall, but he makes use of every inch he's got.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Beautiful spins and spiral. Loved the placement of them with the music.

I agree! I love the deep edge she had on the spiral. I know that a super high leg is super impressive, but it's her foot that captured my attention!

In any case, it's amazing to see Caroline reemerge. A few years back, I thought she was done -- but girl's worked hard to not let her struggles overtake her and find a way to direct her career on her terms. I really proud of her!

I'm so torn between Caroline and Courtney for that TBD SkAm spot. I'm hoping that Courtney gets one via the substitute list and that Caroline gets the TBD -- that would be the best scenario.

keasus

On the Ice
For me, it's his attention to line and posture. He's not tall, but he makes use of every inch he's got.

Totally agree. He reminds me of Paul Wiley. No matter what music he skates to (even the "war horses"), he brings you into every performance. He is always a pleasure to watch because he is committed to the choreography.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Thank you so much!! That's all today then?

For today, yes. The competition continues tomorrow for juveniles, novices, intermediates and adults. The schedule is actually pretty easy to read:

http://comp.entryeeze.com/SingleRinkSched.aspx?id=28

Scroll to the bottom until you see the dark blue bar with July 30. Right under that are column headers such as start time, end time, level, etc . Ignore the turquoise (practice ice) and tangerine (ice makes) and focus on the white (competition).

Lenny318

On the Ice
Grant PotO 2 toe, 3a (hand down), 2 toe, 3a, 3 lutz/.5loop/3sal, 3 loop, 3 flip, 3 lutz. Dem spread eagles tho.

Lenny318

On the Ice
Ross M: 4 sal (fall) 3a/2toe, 3lutz/3toe, 3a, 3 loop, 3lutz/half loop/3sal, 3 flip, 2a
Queen medley, good skate

Lenny318

On the Ice
Jason Brown: 2 toe, 4 sal (2ft, ur?), 3a, 2a/3toe, 2 lutz/2flip, 2 loop, 2 lutz/2 toe, 1sal,
Seemed to be marking but he really wanted that 4 sal though. Love the music, his footwork is lovely.

Lenny318

On the Ice
Sean R: 3 flip/3toe, 3a very under, 2 loop, 3 flip, 3 lutz, 2a, 3 sal/3toe, 2a/2toe/2toe.
Tryin to bring out that eros, hometown boy, the little girls in front of my have a HUGE crush on him

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Sean R: 3 flip/3toe, 3a very under, 2 loop, 3 flip, 3 lutz, 2a, 3 sal/3toe, 2a/2toe/2toe.
Tryin to bring out that eros, hometown boy, the little girls in front of my have a HUGE crush on him

Thanks very much for your reports - they're greatly appreciated! :)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Omg ashley and adam are here and i took a selfie with them be still my heart

Hope you recover in time to report; although maybe you can ask them why Mariah withdrew?:biggrin:

Jason Brown: 2 toe, 4 sal (2ft, ur?), 3a, 2a/3toe, 2 lutz/2flip, 2 loop, 2 lutz/2 toe, 1sal,
Seemed to be marking but he really wanted that 4 sal though. Love the music, his footwork is lovely.

So is Jason planning a 4T and a 4S?