Dream scenarios for 2018 Olympics | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Dream scenarios for 2018 Olympics

Manitou

Medalist
Ladies - Evgenia decisive gold to crown her as GOAT. Also - total sweep by Russians. Silver by Elena R and bronze by Alina.
Men - Nathan Chen with gold. Then Hanyu and Uno in random order.
Dance - Papadakis/Cizeron with a breathtaking golden performance. Bobrova/Soloviev silver and Stepanova/Bukin bronze.
Pairs - My favorite redheads Tarasova/Morozov with gold and Savchenko/Massot silver.

Bcash

Final Flight
Men: Fernandez Gold
Ice Dance: Papadakis/Cizeron Gold, Hubbell/Donohue on the podium
Pairs: I/M on the podium

corynna

On the Ice
Men: Yuzuru, Javi and Shoma (in any order, love all three of them :biggrin:)
Ladies: Gold for Evgenia, Anna Pogorilaya and Polina Tsurskaya for silver and bronze
Dance: Gold for Papadakis/Cizeron, Siver for Virtue/Moir and Bronze for Chock/Bates
Pairs: Sui/Han, Savchenko/Massot, James/Cipres (again in any order :) ). I always liked Tarasova/Morozov, since they were juniors, but their LP this year is so bad that I don't want it on the Olympic podium :(

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Men: Yuzuru, Javi and Shoma (with Yuzuru / Javi winning). A podium without Javi after the mental fart in Sochi with the third 3S which cost him a medal would be heartbreaking
Ladies: it used to be Mao :( now my dream podium would be Carolina to win, Anna and Marin to medal (and, previouslym to make the Olympic team :) ) A podium with Wakaba / Satoko would also be nice.
Pairs: Aliona to finally get the Olympic gold, S/K get another silver with a wonderful performance like in Sochi and Sui/Han to complete the podium. I/M somehow making the podium would be epic and awsome though
Ice dance: Papadakis/Cizeron for the win, V/M in second place (I know anything less than gold is disappointing for them but they are my second favorite team competing, so :) ) and the Shibs for the bronze.

Winry

On the Ice
It's a dream so...

Men
Gold for Yuzuru (and no retirement),
Then Nathan for silver and Boyang or Patrick

Ladies
Gold for Mai (at least make the Olympics team & podium position!)
Silver for Evgenia and bronze for Ashley

Ice Dance
Papadakis/Cizeron for gold and Shibs for silver!

Pairs
Sui/Han, James/Cipres, Tarasova/Morozov on the podium. Any order would be great !

No more skaters annonce retirement for the season !!

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Pairs: gold for Aliona and Bruno or Meagan and Eric
Ice dance: gold for Weapo or Shibs
Men: Patrick <3
Ladies: Liza or Caro

anyanka

Record Breaker
Pairs: G - Aljona (finally!) & Bruno; S - S/H (so they have something to fight for when they win in 2022 on home soil); B - D/R (to go with team gold)
Ice Dance: G - V/M; S - P/C; B - W/P - I don't the French winning as they are gorgeous, but W/P likely won't make it with the fight for third and with so many great US and European teams all in the mix
Men: G - Chan (yes I know, a long shot); S - Hanyu (unless his Seimei is perfect and he wins it all); B - Misha Ge, with a clean skate (but this means everyone else wipes out on their quads)
Ladies: G - Evgenia (with Anna Karenina, not that Leftovers program); S - Satoko; B - Anna P (redemption for 2017 W)
Team: G - Canada; S - Russia; B - USA (with the Shibs, Adam, Karen all part of it, Ashley already has hers from Sochi)

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Men: Nathan Chen, Yuzuru Hanyu, Denis Ten

Ladies: Evgenia Medvedeva, Carolina Kostner, Alina Zagitova

Pairs: Sui/Han, Savchenko/Massot, Tarasova/Morozov

Ice Dance: Virtue/Moir, Weaver/Poje, Shibutani/Shibutani

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
On the flip side, Carolina getting a medal would be my nightmare...there's so many skaters who are way more deserving of one

Carolla5501

On the Ice
That NBC fires Tara and Johnny and replaces them with Tanith and someone! Heck bring back Scott. ANYONE but the horror show we now have.

anyanka

Record Breaker
On the flip side, Carolina getting a medal would be my nightmare...there's so many skaters who are way more deserving of one

... and she already has one from Sochi, when she was at her peak. It'd be nice to see Satoko and / or another Japanese lady, Anna, Alina, or even Gabby or Karen on the podium. (Not counting Kaetlyn because she has a silver from Sochi and will likely get a gold or silver in the next team event).

- - - Updated - - -

That NBC fires Tara and Johnny and replaces them with Tanith and someone! Heck bring back Scott. ANYONE but the horror show we now have.

I admit I miss Scott completely freaking out in the commentary.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
My dream scenario is a major expose into the judges, the judging system, the behind-the-scenes wheeling and dealing, etc.
A huge news story about it.
Only because I love figure skating so much, but the sport is going to the dogs.

But , my other dream scenario is a completely unpredictable and entertaining short program for all disciplines. That’d be fun!

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
Shibs win ANY medal.

Wakaba wins a medal and silences the critics.

Yuzuru skates two clean programs for a definitive Olympic gold.

Anna P makes the Russian team and has the skate of her life.

Someone makes Tara Lipinski stop talking.

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
Ladies
Gold: Kaetlyn
Silver: Zhenya
Bronze: Satoko

Men:
Gold: Yuzu
Silver: Javi
Bronze: Patrick

Ice Dance:
Gold : V/M
Silver: P/C
Bronze: Shibs

And most importantly: AN EXHIBITION SKATE BY QUEEN YUNA *prayer circle

PomeloPooh

Rinkside
Men:
Yuzu for gold, with two clean performances for the ages, while other top guys also going clean/cleanish. Because that's how he wants & aims to win.
Patrick for silver. I remember a comment from him that "two Olympic silvers equals one gold," so here you go.
Boyang for bronze, making history for Chinese Men's Single.
(Yeah I'm sort of contradicting myself here, since there's no way that Nathan/Shoma/Javier will go cleanish yet all end up off the podium. Well in that case, also more realistically, Patrick for the team gold and Nathan for silver, with the latter deciding not to retire despite getting the medal.)

Ladies:
Evgenia for gold
Alina/Satoko/Mai/Wakaba/Kaetlyn somehow all get a medal:)

Pairs:
Sui/Han for gold
Savchenko/Massot for silver
Yu/Zhang for bronze

Ice Dance:
VM, PC & Shibs, not necessarily in that order.

Gala:):
Yuna on ice pls.
Yuzu "have fun with" that 4A in public.

yuzufairy

Spectator
Ladies Julia Lipnitskaya gold (if she goes), Evegnieva silver and then Starr Andrews for bronze
Men Hanyu gold (of course), Javier for silver and Shoma for bronze.
I do watch pairs and dance but I can't say who I'm rooting for.

ejnsofi

Final Flight
Ladies Julia Lipnitskaya gold (if she goes), Evegnieva silver and then Starr Andrews for bronze
Men Hanyu gold (of course), Javier for silver and Shoma for bronze.
I do watch pairs and dance but I can't say who I'm rooting for.

Julia retired.