Dream scenarios for 2018 Olympics | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Dream scenarios for 2018 Olympics

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
"Dream" has the connotation of unrealistic. Hence, I would give my perfect scenario.

1. There won't be the last minute decision to ban the Russian athletes. It's been quiet for a while but it isn't over yet. Some leakages say that's a big discussion is going behind the scenes with some announcements expected during the fall. Public suport is also necessary in the case of the negative decision. Well, following "investigative journalist" some American director just released the movie Icarus. The key content is exactly the same: testimony of Rodchenkov. Oh, boy....

2. Everyone is healthy.

3. Those who need big committment will find it and will fight for the place in the team. Here I mean first of all Adelina and Yulia.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Okay, okay..my non wuss answers:

Hanyu-Fernandez-Uno
Evgenia M.-Satoko M.-Kaetlyn O.
Sui/Han-S/M-T/M
V/M-P/C-C/B (Although I think it's going to be very close for Gold and then for Bronze)

Team Event:
Canada
Russia
U.S.A.

I hate making predictions. I feel like I'm jinxing people. I did choose Hanyu from the beginning of the season last year and Evgenia (which is a little like shooting fish in a barrel at this point).

And yes I know.. it's impossible that we will all be happy or at least agree that the right person/people won but maybe the vast majority of us?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Okay, okay..my non wuss answers:

Hanyu-Fernandez-Uno
Evgenia M.-Satoko M.-Kaetlyn O.
Sui/Han-S/M-T/M
V/M-P/C-C/B (Although I think it's going to be very close for Gold and then for Bronze)

Team Event:
Canada
Russia
U.S.A.

I hate making predictions. I feel like I'm jinxing people. I did choose Hanyu from the beginning of the season last year and Evgenia (which is a little like shooting fish in a barrel at this point).

And yes I know.. it's impossible that we will all be happy or at least agree that the right person/people won but maybe the vast majority of us?

well that's okay ;) you didn't jinx my faves ;) muahahahahahaa ;)

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
well that's okay ;) you didn't jinx my faves ;) muahahahahahaa ;)

I forgot that this is my dream picks and went with what I thought would happen. Sheesh.

I definitely don't want C/B to win bronze unless they have great programs. If it's a dream I'll say W/P or H/D.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I forgot that this is my dream picks and went with what I thought would happen. Sheesh.

I definitely don't want C/B to win bronze unless they have great programs. If it's a dream I'll say W/P or H/D.

I wouldn't mind either of these outcomes in the least.

Erin S

Rinkside
Mine are not really within the realm of possibility for the most part but here goes:

Men: Gold--Patrick. Silver--Hanyu or Javi. Bronze--Jason or Adam (yes, I know, ridiculous!)
Ladies: In my fantasy world Ashley, Anna P, and Katelyn on the podium in any order. In a world slightly tied to reality, after Evgenia gets gold Ashley gets silver and bronze is either Anna P or Katelyn.
Pairs: I have literally no opinion. Would like to see D/R make a comeback but beyond that I've slightly lost interest.
Dance: V/M, P/C, S/S in that order.

Tulipstar

Medalist
It's suddenly decided that a country can send six athletes, as long as they all have the minimum score.

So, Satton, Mai, Wakaba and Marin all get to go.

Same for Evgenia, Elena, Alina, Polina, Anna and Elizaveta :rock:

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Dance:

Gold - Virtue/Moir
Silver - Papadakis/Cizeron
Bronze - Weaver/Poje or Hubbell/Donohue

Hopefully all teams bring great programs. And a good showing for Gilles/Poirier. I'd also like to see Smart/Diaz at the games, though I like Hurtado/Khaliavin fine too.

Ladies:

Kaetlyn is my favourite ladies skater, so my dream scenario would be her winning, but I just want to see her medal. And I don't want to see any meltdowns, so I want Evgenia to do well. I like a bunch of other ladies too, so I just want to see a good skate for bronze. Though Gabby is my favourite of the others.

Men:

Same as ladies, Patrick is my favourite so the dream would be gold, but I'd be thrilled with a medal for him. Seeing Javi win a medal for Spain would also be great, and beyond that just good skates from the medallists. Let's not repeat Sochi neither of the top two guys were happy with their skates. And I'd like to see both Julian Yee and Michael Christian Martinez qualify spots. And I hope to see Nic Nadeau get the second men's spot for Canada.

Pairs:

A medal for Duhamel/Radford. Other than that, just good performances from all the teams. And hopefully none of the top teams aren't able to compete due to injury. I'd also like to see the North Korean team qualify a spot at Nebelhorn and compete at the Games, along with the Australian team and the Czech team.

Team Event:

Gold - Canada
Silver - Russia
Bronze - USA

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
*Dream* is the keyword. So no holds barred. No ridicules please :biggrin:

MEN: Top 6 finish for Jason Brown & Deniss Vasiljevs. (I have no bona-fide fav among the top guns, but Gold for Javi, Silver for Shoma would be nice)
Ladies: Russian sweep, Medvedeva - Pogorilaya - Zagitova
Pairs: Savchenko/Massot - Sui/Han - James/Cipres
Dance: Papadakis & Cizeron for Gold, & I would love a podium finish for Weaver & Poje and/or Cappelini & Lanotte.

maya1985

On the Ice
Dance: gold for Papadakis/Cizeron
Pairs: gold for Savchencko/Massot, a medal for James/Cipres
Men: gold for Fernandez
Ladies: gold for Pogorilaya

nguyhm

On the Ice
waaaa i love the team event... surprised so many people dislike it... i wish skaters have more time between events to rest up or that perhaps the team event was second.. but seriously? it is for many great skaters a shot at getting a medal they may never get otherwise. I am sure Kevin Reynolds, to name only one, is very happy with his Olympic Silver....
I enjoy the team event. It might be better to have it after the Singles events - like the WTT except we won't have to wait as long for it.

Ladies: Mirai to be on the Olympic team. May the best skate win and no crazily inflated WR - enough already :slink:

Men: Patrick - gold
Nathan - Silver
Shoma - bronze

Pairs: Stolbove/Klimov, Sui-Han, Aliona and Bruno, James/Cipres, Duhamel/Bradford on the podiums, the orders awarded to the best skates of the night.

Dance: V/M and P/C battle for gold, Silver and Bronze to the Shibs, Weaver/Poje, Hubbel/Donahue - whichever team skates well deserves to be on the podium.

Barb

Record Breaker
Ice dance: gold V/M, silver Shibs, bronze W/P
Men: gold Patrick, Silver Shoma, sronze Jason
Ladies: gold Evgenia, silver Satoko, bronze Mirai
Pairs: gold S/H

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I would love Mirai and Karen make the Olympic team somehow. That would be a dream already! (Not alot of people know this, but my very first fan vid were of Mirai back when she was 15. Hope she can recap her Olympic moment and keep on smiling. The gurl has been working hard...thanklessly and against all odds, she deserve something)

Zijun makes the Chinese team. So Youn makes the S.Korea team. (Sadly, chances are slim I know :sad21:)

A few 3A in the ladies if possible, Mirai, Wakababy? A few BIG 3lz3t? Not dumbing down program compete with inflated PCS (3t3t in short, yikes!)

Patrick and Yuzuru happy with their performances without regrets. ie/ Stay on their feet and not competing on who can do worse or be the generous one.

Would love Tessa and Scott get their 2nd gold, even French will give them a go. Happy either way, would love a proper competition, not a slanted one.

Sui/Han, Aliona Savchencko/M should medal not breaking her streak.

Balanced and fair judging, none of those overtly European slanted judging panel as it has been since Sochi especially in the ladies field.

No dodgy technical callers... abuse of power... cough cough... ahem! Yes I will be eyeing you Mr. Russia VP of figure skating federation.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I'd like to see the start of the 3A era in the women's event, in which the winners of big titles successfully execute the jump. Evgenia and Alina have almost maxed out the scoring potential of 3 triple SPs and 7 triple LPs, with top levels on spins and footwork and almost every jumping pass earning bonus. I'm not sure if the scoring system adequately rewards the difficult element, as most women seem to trying every trick in the book except adding the 3A.

lilsailor

On the Ice
Men - hanyu, fernandez, uno [in that order, or 2nd/3rd switched, but i want yuzuru to get his 2nd OGM
Ladies - Ashley to medal
Dance - Shibs to medal

Team - same podium as WTT is great :)

mattchoi52

Spectator
My dream scenario:
Ladies:
1. Evgenia Medvedeva (Gold)
2. Alina Zagitova (Silver)
3. Gracie Gold (Bronze)
Men:
1. Patrick Chan (Gold)
2. Shona Uno (Silver)
3. Nathan Chen (Bronze)
TBH I like Yuzuru Hanyu and he's most likely going to become the 2018 Olympic champion, but I would just like if someone else won gold for my dream scenario, and my favorite male skater is Patrick Chan.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Something I hope for, though I know it will be an enormously unpopular opinion:

Yuna Kim does not skate at all - no opening/closing ceremony, no special gala invite, nothing. She stays well clear of the figure skating and the poor Korean skaters get to shine with their own light on Olympic ice and not under the pressure of hers.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Something I hope for, though I know it will be an enormously unpopular opinion:

Yuna Kim does not skate at all - no opening/closing ceremony, no special gala invite, nothing. She stays well clear of the figure skating and the poor Korean skaters get to shine with their own light on Olympic ice and not under the pressure of hers.

I can't imagine that if Yuna wants to skate, the Korean Federation would say no. However, with her voice, they might ask her to sing the Korean Anthem at the start of the games. We haven't had the Games in the US since 2002 and I don't remember them asking Kristi or Brian Boitano to perform there. Of course, I could be wrong.

musicfan80

Medalist
Yuna Kim does not skate at all - no opening/closing ceremony, no special gala invite, nothing.

I would be shocked if Yuna wasn't in the opening ceremony somehow - In fact, I could see her lighting the Olympic Cauldron.

----------------------------------------

2018 Dream Scenarios:

Men: Great skates in the final flight. Both Joshua Farris and Jason Brown somehow end up getting on the U.S. team. Denis Ten and Yan Han make amazing comebacks.
Ladies: At least one of the Canadians (Kaetlyn and/or Gabrielle) getting on the podium.
Pairs: Duhamel/Radford on the podium. Knierims improve greatly.
Dance: Shibutanis on the podium.