IAAF World Championships London 2017 | Golden Skate

IAAF World Championships London 2017

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
I hope Deborah and Emiliano to do well, specially because of Emiliano's success in Rio

luckyguy

Match Penalty
After the 100m semi-final I thought Christian Coleman will win. Now I am really perplexed that Justin Gatlin made it. He is four years older than Bolt!

musicfan80

Medalist
I thought Christian Coleman was going to win today. He's clearly the future of U.S. sprinting. If you look at Bolt's times this year, it was obvious that it would have been hard for him to win today unless he pulled off something insane.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So, the drug cheat spoils Bolt's farewell...but the Americans won't care because he's American...

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
I am SO proud of Emiliano, the best uruguayan athlete in history. It was a pitty he did not quallify to the First 8 Final of Long Jump tonight. Anyway, he has done a really good job

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So, the drug cheat spoils Bolt's farewell...but the Americans won't care because he's American...

This is an unfair statement. I am American, and I do not believe that Gatlin should have been on the Olympic team or on this World Championship team.

I'm pretty much zero-tolerance regarding drug cheats, and it doesn't matter the nationality.

For what it's worth, Coleman is the one who should be wearing the gold medal.

gmyers

Record Breaker
It's so very rare I think for the extreme greats of sports to leave as winners. So with Bolt it's just one of those things. They have the drive to keep competing and when they lose their titles it's like "oh they stayed in one competition" too many but I don't think the reputation is hurt that much if at all!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
It's so very rare I think for the extreme greats of sports to leave as winners. So with Bolt it's just one of those things. They have the drive to keep competing and when they lose their titles it's like "oh they stayed in one competition" too many but I don't think the reputation is hurt that much if at all!

I agree and to be honest, although I felt for Usain not to win for the 'big bow out' from competition, I did not feel that the party was that much spoiled. People still was at rave state after the race and during this whole honorary round in the arena, it seemed even that the audience did not even get much thought to the actual winner in my opinion. The people's reaction - and Usain's one, too - are a testament of how big personality Bolt was in competitive field, how easy it was to be mesmerized by not only his talent, his achievements, records, but also by his character, demeanor, passion shown for the sport.

I remember being 'sucked' by his races at Pekin Oympics in 2008, then totally amazed by Worlds at Berlin in 2009. Thorough all this years, since 2008, I saw a lot things to change in athletics, but this energy, excitement brought by Usain to the sport was always there for me. And it will be strange not to see him in next years on track...

I hope that De Grasse would be there to be the one to 'pass the torch' to by Usain, but his injury came up at the most inconvenient moment...

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
yesterday - :cheer:

Adam and Piotr - Polish heroes! I am over the moon especially for Adam Kszczot in 800m, because even if he's been not in his best form this season, he proved for so long his value, brilliant tactical skills and that he just belongs to the top. And Piotr Lisek in pole vault - that clearance at 5,89:love:

and of course our strong women in hammer throw - Anita, our national pride and Malwina who really stepped it up!

luckyguy

Match Penalty
yesterday - :cheer:

Adam and Piotr - Polish heroes! I am over the moon especially for Adam Kszczot in 800m, because even if he's been not in his best form this season, he proved for so long his value, brilliant tactical skills and that he just belongs to the top. And Piotr Lisek in pole vault - that clearance at 5,89:love:

and of course our strong women in hammer throw - Anita, our national pride and Malwina who really stepped it up!

The Poles were always good in pole vault (I still remember Ślusarski and Kozakiewicz). Is this BBC News about Wlodarczyk true or false? "She eats 9 boiled eggs for breakfast!"

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
The Poles were always good in pole vault (I still remember Ślusarski and Kozakiewicz). Is this BBC News about Wlodarczyk true or false? "She eats 9 boiled eggs for breakfast!"

:laugh:, I do not really know if that's the truth, maybe it is some kind of secret formula to use for victories:), what do I know that there's probably no such dominant figure in Polish athletics like Anita, and she's one of the most dominant ones in World athletic field now, too.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
today is another big day for Poles - Pawel Fajdek and Wojciech Nowicki are in hammer throw final:cheer:, it would be amazing to have them both on the podium and to repeat women's success:)

and watching yesterday's semi-finals of women's 200m I have to say that Shaunae Miller-Uibo from Bahamas is one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen - she's a stunner on that track:love:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

thank you luckyguy for those photos! A real-time princess she looks like on those:love:, but she is so striking on track just to look at, not even mention the ease she's running with (I really like her 'spring' in step and effortlessly-looking technique). If I had her height, her body would be definitely my motivational one - she's looking amazing, strong and confident

yude

Record Breaker
As much as I enjoy watching the sport itself, I really like to see their fashion and make up. They are all beautiful and inspiring :love:

yude

Record Breaker
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw what happened to Bolt in his last run :cry: But no matter what the tragic ending it was, he is the legendary athlete to be remembered by everyone in the world :bow:

I was so happy Japan got the bronze medal in men's 4x100, they won silver in Rio Olympics but this is Japan's first medal ever in 4x100 of WC :)