Eurosport Updates | Page 22 | Golden Skate

Eurosport Updates

Tutto

Record Breaker
^I must say I have to agree with all of you. I used to 'look up' to BESP guys and bow to their knowledge of FS, now I feel like any regular poster her on the GS myself including could do a better job of commentating than these people who are PAID to do their job. Zero preparation, ignorance, endless repetition of those few bits of trivia about skaters they somehow managed to hear (and remember)- e.g telling us ad nauseam about Kaetlyn's broken ankle like no other skater suffered some other serious injuries (lets be honest all of them did)(I am a big fan of Kaetlyn btw)
How many times we had to hear how lucky Shoma and Mikhail were to get on the podium? Once I think was enough, ten times - disrespectful... Was it their fault that others went into a meltdown mode, that they themselves put a better fight and had the actual choreo & SS to back them up? They still were 15pt better than the 4th place but that fact was not mentioned at all.
In fact I still hasn't figured out how Shoma ended in front of Mikhail who at least had a flawless SP and 2 falls in LP as opposed to 3 of Shoma ... but I guess for both it was a good ending to what could have been a very different story so we'll leave it at that...
But back on topic, I missed Mark I know many don't like him here but at least he knows what's on in FS and has a tech knowledge too. Joanne actually has good analysis of jumps but otherwise it is like she stopped following FS years and years ago, very disappointing

viennaskater

Medalist
^I must say I have to agree with all of you. I used to 'look up' to BESP guys and bow to their knowledge of FS, now I feel like any regular poster her on the GS myself including could do a better job of commentating than these people who are PAID to do their job. Zero preparation, ignorance, endless repetition of those few bits of trivia about skaters they somehow managed to hear (and remember)- e.g telling us ad nauseam about Kaetlyn's broken ankle like no other skater suffered some other serious injuries (lets be honest all of them did)(I am a big fan of Kaetlyn btw)
How many times we had to hear how lucky Shoma and Mikhail were to get on the podium? Once I think was enough, ten times - disrespectful... Was it their fault that others went into a meltdown mode, that they themselves put a better fight and had the actual choreo & SS to back them up? They still were 15pt better than the 4th place but that fact was not mentioned at all.
In fact I still hasn't figured out how Shoma ended in front of Mikhail who at least had a flawless SP and 2 falls in LP as opposed to 3 of Shoma ... but I guess for both it was a good ending to what could have been a very different story so we'll leave it at that...
But back on topic, I missed Mark I know many don't like him here but at least he knows what's on in FS and has a tech knowledge too. Joanne actually has good analysis of jumps but otherwise it is like she stopped following FS years and years ago, very disappointing

Very well put. I actually like Mark Hanratty, he knows his stuff and I don't find his voice irritating.

Let's hope next season we get better commentary. Bring back the old guys!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It’s been a while since this thread has been posted in, so time for some updates.

Firstly, Eurosport launched an Ultra High Definition linear channel for the French Open tennis tournament:

http://media.eurosport.com/pressR/n...sionid=761166FB75697925D616241F6CAF24DE.prem2

Like with the 3 extra linear channels that were launched for the Pyeongchang Olympics, this was only a temporary channel. It closed down last week once the tournament was over.

But, can you imagine now amazing figure skating would look in Ultra High Definition?! :shocked:

Speaking of the extra linear channels for the Olympics, you remember how we couldn’t understand why they were only available on BT TV and on platforms owned by Liberty Media. And how, at the time, we were putting it down to Discovery's feud with Sky. Well, although that is undoubtedly part of it, I recently discovered something that is probably the main reason:

LIBERTY IS DISCOVERY’S BIGGEST SHAREHOLDER

That explains EVERYTHING!!!

Although, this situation is unlikely to happen again, because a few weeks ago Liberty sold all their mainland European cable TV businesses to mobile phone operator Vodafone:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44050682

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...lobal-virgin-media-cable-and-broadband-assets

Liberty have only kept hold of Virgin Media, the cable TV provider for the British Isles. And I still reckon that is because Liberty have their eyes on buying ITV (which they currently have a 9.9% stake in), but are waiting until they can buy the entire network (Scottish TV is the only Channel 3 franchise holder that is still a separate company). After all, Virgin have already bought the channel that is effectively the Irish equivalent of ITV and whose schedule is heavily reliant on ITV programmes: TV3.

Onto some content news, and Discovery has signed a 12-year alliance with the PGA, starting from 2019:

http://media.eurosport.com/pressR/n...sionid=EED99AD5B2940915BCE371054EEC5337.prem1

It’s the same idea as what they have done with the IOC. And, like with the Olympics coverage, it will come into force in stages over the next 6 years as contracts with existing broadcasters expire.

In the British Isles, Sky has the golf rights up to 2022. So, it won’t be switching to Eurosport until after that.

I am getting worried. Discovery is getting more and more sports rights, but seems to have no intention of launching any more linear Eurosport channels apart from temporary ones for specific events. And I can see more of Eurosport’s traditional sports getting squeezed out.

I suppose we can trace the start of this transition back to 2009 when Eurosport lost the pan-European rights to MotoGP, after they had shown it for the guts of 20 years. OK, so it has returned to Eurosport in some countries since then, but it is no longer one of the jewels in the crown that it once was. And the fact that they didn’t try too hard to get the rights back in the British Isles from the 2019 season onwards when most of the bike fans here wanted them to shows that MotoGP is no longer a priority.

Cycling and tennis have always been top of the pecking order on Eurosport. But, even though tennis is one of their main sports, Eurosport don’t have the rights to everything. In the British Isles, BT Sport have most of the WTA tournaments; while Amazon have the US Open, ATP World Tour, Next Gen ATP Finals, and the Men’s matches at Queen’s and Eastbourne.

We have known for a while that Sky was losing interest in tennis. Hey, the fact that tennis didn’t get a dedicated channel when Sky Sports was overhauled last year says it all. But I am sure I am not the only person that expected Eurosport to take over Sky’s rights when the contracts ran out. But instead, new entrant Amazon came in and won them. Does the fact that Eurosport didn’t make sure they got them mean that tennis is not as big a deal for them as it once was?

For many years, Eurosport was the only place that showed Women’s football. They would show the World Cups and European Championships (at all age groups for both); and Champions League matches featuring selected teams (Wolfsburg, Turbine Potsdam, Olympique Lyonnais, anf Paris St. Germain). But, I can’t remember the last time they showed any Women’s football, it was so long ago.

Ever since the England team won the Bronze Medal in the 2015 World Cup, the BBC have got seriously interested in Women’s football. Since they don’t have much in the way of rights to Men’s football any more, they have been building up their rights to Women’s football. It used to be that they only had a 30 minute weekly magazine show, which mainly discussed the Women’s Super League. Now, they also show LIVE coverage of WSL matches; the Semis and Final of the FA Cup; and England and Scotland international matches.

But, as you can see, none of this was what was shown on Eurosport. So, I don’t know what has happened. Have the things I mentioned just been squeezed out of the schedules due to there not being enough space on the linear channels for everything?

I fear that getting completely squeezed out of the schedules on the linear channels is what is going to happen to figure skating. It is already happening with other winter sports which are not quite as popular as the likes of Alpine Skiing.

Take Women’s Ski Jumping. When the Women’s World Cup was first launched, Eurosport showed all the competitions on their linear channels in their entirety. And it was great! But after a couple of years, the women’s competitions got relegated to the Player. And last season, they weren’t even shown on the Player. And you would have thought that in an Olympic season they would have shown the regular season. But, no, all we saw last season was the single competition in Pyeongchang.

I know what happened to Women’s Ski Jumping is the doomsday scenario. But, it just shows that getting pushed onto the Player can be the start of a slippery slope.

Eurosport needs a whole pile of additional linear channels. Not just temporary ones for when there are big events on. Permanent ones.

But the outlook is not good. Ever since they launched on Sky Digital back in August 1999, Eurosport had a block of 3 Sky EPG slots (most recently numbered 410–412). But, when there was a major reshuffle of channels at the start of May, Discovery sold the third Eurosport slot (412) to the Irish phone company Eir, which put their Premier Sports channel on it. This move has baffled everybody, as it makes no logical sense at all. If Discovery was determined to sell, it would have made more sense to sell to one of Eurosport’s neighbours.

Sky has 10 sports channels, but only has a block of 9 EPG slots (401–409). BT Sport has 4 channels, but currently has their first 2 channels together (413 and 414), and their other 2 channels are sitting individually (417 and 423).

In an ideal world, Discovery would have sold 410 to Sky. Then the following would have been possible:

1. Sky could have put all their sports channels together (the horse racing channel currently called “At The Races” but soon to be rebranded as “Sky Sports Racing” could have moved from 415 to 410).
  2. Eurosport could have had their 2 channels on 411 and 412.
  3. BT Sport could buy slot 415 (and the reserved 416) from At The Races, and put all 4 of their existing channels together on 413–416, and kept 417 reserved for a future 5[SUP]th[/SUP] channel.
  4. Eir could have bought 423 (and the reserved 424) from BT Sport, and put all 4 of their channels together on 421–424.

Unfortunately, Discovery’s current feud with Sky ruled out this scenario. But, there would have been an alternative option which would have made things at least a bit tidier – selling 412 to BT. Then this would have been possible:

1. Eurosport could have kept their 2 channels on 410 and 411.
  2. BT Sport could buy slot 415 (and the reserved 416) from At The Races, and put all 4 of their existing channels together on 412–415, and kept 416 reserved for a future 5[SUP]th[/SUP] channel.
  3. At The Races could have bought 417 from BT Sport, and moved there.
  4. Eir could have bought 423 (and the reserved 424) from BT Sport, and put all 4 of their channels together on 421–424.

Of course, this second scenario could still happen in the future if BT, Eir and Sky are willing to do deals with each other. But, it would have caused less disruption if it was done as part of the reshuffle.

Anyway, the point I am trying to make is that Eurosport don’t have any spare slots on the Sky EPG any more. So, if they were to launch any new channels, they would have to launch at the end of the Sports section of the EPG. And the lower down you are in your genre’s list of channels, the less viewers you are likely to get. And the less likely you are to survive.

It’s not looking good. Eurosport seem happy enough to just shove things onto the Player.

Maybe I am just a dinosaur, but I don’t particularly like watching things on the internet. With the internet, you are restricted by the speed of your connection and (if you are not on an unlimited contract) usage limits. And if your internet connection goes down (as happened when I was watching the North-West 200 online last month), that’s your viewing over. Plus, you can’t record so, if what you are watching doesn’t get archived, you are goosed.

All in all, I much prefer to watch things on a TV, where you get less uncertainty, better picture quality as well as the ability to record.

The BBC keeps talking about seeing it’s future as being internet only. So, I wonder if this is what Eurosport is working towards as well.

I really hope not.

CaroLiza_fan

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Yes, it has been a while! So long, in fact, that my annual subscription is nearing its one-year anniversary.
And I decided to cancel it. Because I got it at, IIRC, 30 euros? Or maybe even less, but certainly not the 60 (!) that apparently I would have to pay as soon as the second year started.

And when I am not logged in, I can see a subscription offer for 20 euros for a full year. Why should I pay triple that amount?! Seems really unfair to me.

So now I have a question: does anyone know how long you must NOT have been subscribed before you can get a new subscription? Are we talking days? Weeks? Months? Because I would really like to get a new annual
subscription for 20 euros, as long as that offer still lasts.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I hope this is not old news - My husband (god bless him :)) got himself a Amazon Prime subscription earlier this year and I found out that you can book the Eurosport Player channel for 4.99€ per month on a monthly basis. So you can cancel the channel subscription anytime. The ideal solution for me!

Tutto

Record Breaker
Whole post

Thank you for such a detailed analysis, sadly the things are not looking good for us, FS fans, maybe we'll get pleasantly surprised in future but I think I agree with you (like Ms Marple I always believe the worst!)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Yes, it has been a while! So long, in fact, that my annual subscription is nearing its one-year anniversary.
And I decided to cancel it. Because I got it at, IIRC, 30 euros? Or maybe even less, but certainly not the 60 (!) that apparently I would have to pay as soon as the second year started.

And when I am not logged in, I can see a subscription offer for 20 euros for a full year. Why should I pay triple that amount?! Seems really unfair to me.

So now I have a question: does anyone know how long you must NOT have been subscribed before you can get a new subscription? Are we talking days? Weeks? Months? Because I would really like to get a new annual
subscription for 20 euros, as long as that offer still lasts.

I actually took advantage of the same offer as you did (i.e. €30 / £30 for a year), although I waited until October to take the plunge.

As for your questions, well I cancelled my monthly subscription one day and took out the annual subscription the following day. So, you can definitely re-subscribe 24 hours after cancelling. But, I don't know if you can do it on the exact same day.

On the British ESP Player, they are currently selling the annual subscription at £40. And on the ESP Deutschland Player, it is currently at €50. So, if I were you, I would be inclined to switch over to the €20 as soon as possible in case the offer disappears.

And I am so sorry. I wrote about so many other things in my previous post that I forgot to talk about the thing that was the reason that I decided to revive this thread now! :drama:

I am afraid that the Eurosport Player has got too clever for my unblocky friend. Yes, you can still sign into the foreign versions of the Eurosport Player. BUT, the schedule and the streams you get on there are for your own country's version. So, regardless of whether I go into, say, the ESP Deutschland Player or the ESP Nederland Player (the 2 versions I use the most), I am now getting the British Eurosport content.

Over the past few years, when I was watching MotoGP on BT Sport 2 on the TV, I would also have the ESP Deutschland Player open on the computer, so that during the adverts in the BT Sport coverage (and when they are showing the pundits on screen talking), I could watch the World Feed stream and see what was happening at the circuit.

This season, Dorna did not make either the World Feed or any of the additional camera angle streams available to Eurosport Player (I guess Dorna twigged that people were subscribing to the ESP Player rather than their own MotoGP Video Pass, because the ESP Player was not only a LOT cheaper but gave you many more sports as well). Fortunately, I could still watch the ESP2 Deutschland coverage (the adverts on BT Sport 2 and ESP2 DE were rarely at the same time).

But, for the past 2 rounds, there was no sign of any MotoGP when I went into the ESP Deutschland Player. And it was the same on my backup option of the ESP Nederland Player. It was only yesterday when I saw the Tandragee 100 coverage in the listings that the penny finally dropped that what I was looking at was actually the British ESP content.

My guess is that it is all to do with this new EU law that lets you watch your own country's TV even if you are in another country.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...d-holidaymakers-can-see-british-pay-tv-abroad

Fortunately, whenever I finally figure out how to work this new satellite receiver I bought a few months ago (it is a LOT more complicated than I expected), I will be back to being able to watch ESP Deutschland on the TV. But, in terms of the forum, this change to the Player means that I will no longer be able to do full TV schedule posts for anything other than British Eurosport.

Sorry to everybody that relied on them. But, it's out of my hands.

CaroLiza_fan

Miller

Final Flight
My observations on UK Eurosport coverage is that it still seems to be more and more of the same old things.

Every cycling race under the sun gets coverage e.g. 3 tours on at the same time at the moment. Snooker when it's the snooker season, and lots more motorbike action (and similarly BT Sport and Sky). You're getting things like motocross, speedway as well as various forms of superbikes across all 3 operators, to make up for things they're losing, or just being outbid on e.g. Amazon Prime's move into tennis, which I believe means Eurosport will not show the US Open this August/September, or at least in the UK.

From our point of view it's all about what's being shown when the skating season is on, and at least the GPs tend to be between the end of the summer sports and start of the outdoor winter ones. However more and more you get motorsport from parts of the world where it's still nice and sunny, plus I notice you're starting to get more and more things like ski-cross and aerials and so on once you're into the full blown winter season.

However the big thing as Caroliza_Fan says is the lack of that 3rd channel in the UK and it looks like we're not going to get one any time soon. At least the good thing for skating though is that it does allow them to show live sport during the week, e.g. Fridays for GPs and Weds/Thurs also for championships, and often at times due to the different time zones when there's no other to show e.g. Skating from Asia in the morning.

However judging from last season skating is falling further and further down the pecking order e.g. when they showed live ski jump qualifying instead of the GP final, and the qualifying highlights were repeated in the afternoon, with the skating shown very late at night, not good if you were getting up the following morning for that that they did show live! I suppose ultimately the good thing is that skating is a good schedule filler given all the different disciplines and programs, plus of course there's their infamous 2 hour highlight programmes which also fulfil this purpose. However we may have to suffer various indignities going forward as more and more things impinge, a good reason for always informing each other what's going on! - I'm very impressed Caroliza_Fan that you found this thread after all this time! :)

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I actually took advantage of the same offer as you did (i.e. €30 / £30 for a year), although I waited until October to take the plunge.

As for your questions, well I cancelled my monthly subscription one day and took out the annual subscription the following day. So, you can definitely re-subscribe 24 hours after cancelling. But, I don't know if you can do it on the exact same day.

On the British ESP Player, they are currently selling the annual subscription at £40. And on the ESP Deutschland Player, it is currently at €50. So, if I were you, I would be inclined to switch over to the €20 as soon as possible in case the offer disappears.
I just tried to get a new subscription, but it wouldn't accept my payment because "our records indicate you've purchased a similar product before". I think that's what it said.

Though to be fair, my current subscription hasn't stopped yet, it's still active until July 2nd. So, I guess I'll wait and see if they'll let me sign up again then. Assuming the offer still stands then! I really want that subscription, 20 euros is so cheap. For me, it makes little difference anymore if the figure skating gets airtime on television or not, I hardly ever watch 'normal' television these days, anyway, so 20 euros is a decent deal. I pay a *whole lot more* for my other streaming video subscriptions (I'm subbes to two equestrian sites, and what the Eurosport player charges is a joke by comparison, even the 60 euros would be cheaper).

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I'm very impressed Caroliza_Fan that you found this thread after all this time! :)

Nothing to do with me - Mr. (or Mrs.) Google found it! :biggrin:

My observations on UK Eurosport coverage is that it still seems to be more and more of the same old things.

You are right about British Eurosport. It has got to the stage that they are showing the same few sports all the time. And although there is stuff I like amongst it, you still expect a bit more variety to try to get a wider audience.

That was why I liked being able to access the continental versions – there is a bigger selection of sports shown on there. (e.g. summer ski jumping)

Like, when Eurosport 2 first launched in Europe, it was billed as "The new generation sports channel", which would show exciting alternative and niche sports. Well, on the British version anyway, it is now just the same old stuff that is shown on Eurosport 1.

Just read the Wikipedia page for Eurosport 2. The channel described on there is nothing like what we have in the British Isles.

British Eurosport has really got stuck in a rut. And they will continue to be stuck there unless they do something radical like launching more linear channels so that they can show a wider selection of the things that they have rights to.

Perhaps there we will be changes when Discovery starts consolidating their European operations.

Ever since they bought Eurosport, Discovery has had 3 headquarters in Europe – London (Discovery Networks International), Paris (Eurosport), and Warsaw (Discovery Networks CEEMEA). And realistically, there really is no need to have that many bases. So, the rumour is that they are planning to close one of them, and use Brexit as the excuse for it being the London one that gets the chop.

If British Eurosport does end up being run from Paris again, then we might get a return to the good old days when the British ESP schedule was more in line with the default ESP International schedule. When we had a more varied selection of sports on the schedule.

Or, maybe that is just wishful thinking on my part.

CaroLiza_fan

Eclair

Medalist
I hope this is not old news - My husband (god bless him :)) got himself a Amazon Prime subscription earlier this year and I found out that you can book the Eurosport Player channel for 4.99€ per month on a monthly basis. So you can cancel the channel subscription anytime. The ideal solution for me!

I got that subscription last season and my advise is: don't. Per amazon Eurosport you don't have access to all the archived videos just some (mostly soccer and tennis), so if you missed a competition, you can't watch it. Also the amazon Eurosport doesn't have all the Eurosport channels, e.g. the ISU channel (figure skating without commentary) is not there. Also user interface is worse than the Eurosport player one.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I got that subscription last season and my advise is: don't. Per amazon Eurosport you don't have access to all the archived videos just some (mostly soccer and tennis), so if you missed a competition, you can't watch it. Also the amazon Eurosport doesn't have all the Eurosport channels, e.g. the ISU channel (figure skating without commentary) is not there. Also user interface is worse than the Eurosport player one.
All true. And there's no search function. But it's still the best solution for me. I'm not willing to pay 60€ for an unpredictable poor coverage. When I see that the coverage is decent I get the subscription. And 4.99€ seems fair to me, that's what I paid for the Eurosport monthly subscription two years ago, without all those channels. I want to watch those events live and I want to be able to cancel the subscription anytime.

Eclair

Medalist
All true. And there's no search function. But it's still the best solution for me. I'm not willing to pay 60€ for an unpredictable poor coverage. When I see that the coverage is decent I get the subscription. And 4.99€ seems fair to me, that's what I paid for the Eurosport monthly subscription two years ago, without all those channels. I want to watch those events live and I want to be able to cancel the subscription anytime.

but 60 per year = 5 euro per month

and if you wait a little the offers will vary - for example most of the time, in September the yearly subscription fee will drop, and then rise again in October (at least it's like that over here). So there's a good chance that a year or half a year won't cost 60 anymore

Coverage is not that unpredictable with the Eurosport player. For the last 3 years, they streamed every major figure skating competition live on their player. And if they didn't broadcast it on their main channels a few hours later, then you always could go and re-watch it in the archived videos.

It's only unpredictable, if you rely on Eurosport TV, as their figure skating coverage on their main channels aka with commentary is not good or reliable.

But it's your choice of course. ;)

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
but 60 per year = 5 euro per month

and if you wait a little the offers will vary - for example most of the time, in September the yearly subscription fee will drop, and then rise again in October (at least it's like that over here). So there's a good chance that a year or half a year won't cost 60 anymore

Coverage is not that unpredictable with the Eurosport player. For the last 3 years, they streamed every major figure skating competition live on their player. And if they didn't broadcast it on their main channels a few hours later, then you always could go and re-watch it in the archived videos.

It's only unpredictable, if you rely on Eurosport TV, as their figure skating coverage on their main channels aka with commentary is not good or reliable.

But it's your choice of course. ;)
I only need the subscription for 3-4 months a year, so it's just about 20€ in my case. Figure Skating and Ski Jumping (although the coverage is decent in Austria anyway, I want to watch with Eurosport commentary from time to time).
And when it comes to watching FS I simply don't have an alternative. I don't want to rely on any of those online streams when I really want to watch a competition.
Eurosport made me really angry during the last GP season. I want to watch those events live. And it should be pretty easy with all those available channels. I can watch all the performances on YT afterwards anyway. So if the coverage is not decent during the GP season I won't subscribe.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I just checked, and... the annual subscription is now 30 euros. Again, same as it was last year. Instead of the 20 euros they offered in June. So weird. They sure like playing around with those numbers, don't they?! Still, 30 euros is still a good deal, so *fingers crossed* they'll let me sign up again for that. I just wasn't going to pay 60 euros, that felt really unfair.

lyverbird1

Final Flight
Do they offer all the skating events on the Eurosport player? And do they archive the events that you may not be able to see live? Sorry if that's asking a question that's been asked and answered many times before but I'm new to serious consideration of getting the player - new because the GP coverage was so poor last year. At least I'll be in Vancouver for the finals to see it liv but I really don't want to miss out on as much as we did last year!

Eclair

Medalist
Do they offer all the skating events on the Eurosport player? And do they archive the events that you may not be able to see live? Sorry if that's asking a question that's been asked and answered many times before but I'm new to serious consideration of getting the player - new because the GP coverage was so poor last year. At least I'll be in Vancouver for the finals to see it liv but I really don't want to miss out on as much as we did last year!

yes do show all events live at least on their no-commentary channel and sometimes with commentary. They also archive the whole competition without commentary so you can watch it if you didn't catch it live. Every competition / part of a competition that was broadcasted will also be archived. One can watch it for 1 week after.

Eurosport TV cable doesn't have that many options. They only have a very unreliable with-commentary broadcasting schedule.

Eurosport on Amazon Channels doesn't archive figure skating and in my country don't even show figure skating when it's broadcasted live without commentary. Basically like Eurosport TV, but it has more options for soccer and tennis.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Got an e-mail the other day saying that my 12 month subscription to Eurosport Player would be automatically renewed at £39.99 on 22[SUP]nd[/SUP] October.

It may be more than the £30 that I am currently on, but it's still a good deal.

Meanwhile, here is something that may be of significance for Australian viewers:

http://www.worldsnooker.com/eurosport-to-broadcast-live-snooker-in-australia/

Does Eurosport show any figure skating in Australia, or do SBS have everything tied up?

CaroLiza_fan