Eurosport Updates | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Eurosport Updates

Eclair

Medalist
in the past Eurosport player Germany almost always showed all the disciplines live and fully on their ISU stream. Sometimes that stream appeared only a few days before on the schedule and once it didn't appear on their scheduled broadcasts, but when the event started, they showed it live.

Eurosport 1 and 2 = with commentary have very selected showings and it differentiated greatly depending on country.

But maybe it will make you feel better to know, that Eurosport schedules are reaaaaaaally unreliable, so even if only the men's SP is written there, it often happens that they'll show other disciplines as well. Good thing is, since Men's SP is already scheduled, it's pretty certain they'll air it ^^

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh I see sorry silly me...Thanks for clarification

No need to apologise. It was me that made the mistake in the first place, and caused this confusion. I am the one that should be apologising.

CaroLiza_fan

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
No need to apologise. It was me that made the mistake in the first place, and caused this confusion. I am the one that should be apologising.
Actually, I'm glad the confusion came up... it made me realize that it never occurred to me to check the actual Dutch website. (.nl) For some reason I just assumed the .com site would take me there automatically.

Man, why can't Eurosport ever be *easy*?

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I find it so annoying that they divide the day in categories now. Honestly, don't they have employees doing Usability testing? Someone for User Experience? You cannot tell me there is anything inuitive on that site, as well as the app. And they earn money with it, that's the real shame. A huge website like that needs people maintaining and testing it all the time. By the way, I got the 10 Euros back a few days ago. What a mess.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
And... Ladies free.
I am so not impressed with Eurosport right now.

Soo no Men's free, boooh...maybe they will show it Sunday, if we get a World Record or something. Strangely enough the Ladies Free is live and on Eurosport 1 instead of 2.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
What is with this dismal schedule?

Not having enough linear channels to show everything they have the rights to.

And figure skating being further down their pecking order than the other sports that are on.

This has been going on for far too many years now. They really need to launch more linear channels. Hopefully trying to fit the Olympics in will make them realise that this situation just cannot go on any longer.

CaroLiza_fan

Miller

Final Flight
And... Ladies free.
I am so not impressed with Eurosport right now.

Ladies free is only on Eurosport International, the .com website. NO figure skating at all on UK Eurosport on Saturday, other than a repeat of men's short at 6.30 a.m. on Eurosport 1. Can only hope there's a few repeats and things on say Sunday morning.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Ladies free is only on Eurosport International, the .com website. NO figure skating at all on UK Eurosport on Saturday, other than a repeat of men's short at 6.30 a.m. on Eurosport 1. Can only hope there's a few repeats and things on say Sunday morning.
Actually, this time I only looked at my local page, .nl.

It’s such a shame, because even if they have a livestream for all the events, those won’t be with commentary, I think? And I always like to do a translation of the Dutch commentary for Hanyu’s skates (and more recently Shoma and I may decide to include Boyang, too, because I think he’s awesome and, Star Wars!).

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Actually, this time I only looked at my local page, .nl.

It’s such a shame, because even if they have a livestream for all the events, those won’t be with commentary, I think? And I always like to do a translation of the Dutch commentary for Hanyu’s skates (and more recently Shoma and I may decide to include Boyang, too, because I think he’s awesome and, Star Wars!).

I thing I have found since the new ESP Player came online is that if British Eurosport are not able to show something that they normally show because of clashes with something else, they would *sometimes* make the coverage (with the commentary) available on the Player.

I've seen them do it on those weekends when there are World Superbikes and British Superbikes rounds on with an overlap between the two.

They would show the British Superstock 600 race with the regular Eurosport commentators on the ESP Player when World Superbike Race 2 is being shown on BES2.

And then they would show the World Supersport 300 and European Superstock 1000 races with the regular Eurosport commentators on the ESP Player when British Superbike Race 1 is being shown on BES2.

The World Feeds for both meetings are also available as usual without commentary.

I don't know if they do it for other sports, or whether they would consider it for figure skating. But, they might do it for things that are not being shown on the local version but are being shown on ESP International.

We'll just have to wait and see.

But, fingers crossed.

CaroLiza_fan

Miller

Final Flight
I thing I have found since the new ESP Player came online is that if British Eurosport are not able to show something that they normally show because of clashes with something else, they would *sometimes* make the coverage (with the commentary) available on the Player.

I've seen them do it on those weekends when there are World Superbikes and British Superbikes rounds on with an overlap between the two.

They would show the British Superstock 600 race with the regular Eurosport commentators on the ESP Player when World Superbike Race 2 is being shown on BES2.

And then they would show the World Supersport 300 and European Superstock 1000 races with the regular Eurosport commentators on the ESP Player when British Superbike Race 1 is being shown on BES2.

The World Feeds for both meetings are also available as usual without commentary.

I don't know if they do it for other sports, or whether they would consider it for figure skating. But, they might do it for things that are not being shown on the local version but are being shown on ESP International.

We'll just have to wait and see.

But, fingers crossed.

CaroLiza_fan

Let's hope so. Presumably because Eurosport clearly have the rights, we won't be able to see the Eurovision ISU feed because it'll be geo-blocked. If that's the case then in the UK we may only end up with the men's short!

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
.com and .de list an hour for the Men’s FS and 1.5 hours for the Gala on Sunday (total timeslot from 6:30 to 9 pm).
Neither is live, obviously.

.co.uk and .nl completely ignore the figure skating on Sunday.

They had better provide a livestream. *glare*

Miller

Final Flight
.com and .de list an hour for the Men’s FS and 1.5 hours for the Gala on Sunday (total timeslot from 6:30 to 9 pm).
Neither is live, obviously.

.co.uk and .nl completely ignore the figure skating on Sunday.

They had better provide a livestream. *glare*

I've got .co.uk showing Women's Free highlights Sunday a.m. on E1, and Men's Free and Gala highlights late in the evening on E2. Essentially same as .com by the end of the weekend.

Have also looked ahead to further weekends. There's snooker every single weekend up to and including the GPF. One of them is a non-ranking, non-Masters type of event so might not be shown, plus there's more than likely to be some sort of track cycling every weekend as well. There's either 6 day or 4 day events, track World Cup meets or Revolution series every weekend and can't imagine them not showing all of them.

Other sports might not be so bad. Final of U17 World Cup is week 2 (Skate Canada), plus final round of World Superbikes is week 3 (Cup of China). Also their level of ATP/WTA tennis is over for the season after CoR. Don't know what other goodies they have planned for us, but I do know they tend to move away from things like skiing once they know what the result is (plus skiing never seems to clash with skating anyway, unlike something like ski jump qualifying for some reason). Anyway here's hoping.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I've got .co.uk showing Women's Free highlights Sunday a.m. on E1, and Men's Free and Gala highlights late in the evening on E2. Essentially same as .com by the end of the weekend.
Ah, you're right. Kewl. Now if only they'd stop showing all that blasted soccer in the Netherlands, we'd be able to see some of it, too. *le sigh*
Oh well, maybe if Germany gets everything in the evening, and you guys in the late evening, maybe we get it in the night or something.

But that's all beside the point, because none of it is actually live, so by the time that stuff airs, we'll all have seen it on-line, anyway. :rolleye:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Have also looked ahead to further weekends. There's snooker every single weekend up to and including the GPF. One of them is a non-ranking, non-Masters type of event so might not be shown, plus there's more than likely to be some sort of track cycling every weekend as well. There's either 6 day or 4 day events, track World Cup meets or Revolution series every weekend and can't imagine them not showing all of them.

Other sports might not be so bad. Final of U17 World Cup is week 2 (Skate Canada), plus final round of World Superbikes is week 3 (Cup of China). Also their level of ATP/WTA tennis is over for the season after CoR. Don't know what other goodies they have planned for us, but I do know they tend to move away from things like skiing once they know what the result is (plus skiing never seems to clash with skating anyway, unlike something like ski jump qualifying for some reason). Anyway here's hoping.

If it helps, here is a page that lists all the snooker that is being shown on Eurosport this season:

http://www.worldsnooker.com/watch-snooker-season-eurosport-player/

What I like about it is that it tells you which tournaments will just be on the ESP Player, and which will be on the linear channels as well.

Please note that the 3 tournaments marked with ** are being shown on Eurosport International but not being shown on British Eurosport.

The reason for this is that ITV4 is the host broadcaster for these tournaments (the Shoot Out, World Grand Prix, and Players Championship). And whereas the BBC has always had a good relationship with Eurosport and Discovery, and is happy to share the UK rights for the tournaments where it is host broadcaster (the UK Championships, London Masters, and World Championships), ITV does not have a similar relationship.

CaroLiza_fan

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Ok, we get the Men's and the Gala on Eurosport 2 on Sunday in Germany. During the last years there was a best-of cut that aired at noon on Monday for ALL the disciplines, so perhaps that's when we get to see some pairs and dance. There are usually reruns of that cut during the week, so let's see. Idk, I'd rather they NOT show the Gala but the competitions instead. I mean, Exhibition is nice, but it's the competition that's exciting. It's a sport channel after all. But they show more Gala than competition. Huh....for Germany, I'm quite positive that they will at least air pairs the following week at Skate Canada, even if it's a rerun.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Not very promising so far in terms of coverage on the linear channels.

We will start to get a better picture of what is going on come Friday, when the 7-day listings on the Eurosport Player website reach 20[SUP]th[/SUP] October. Then we will see if there are any additional streams showing figure skating.

If there are not additional streams on the ESP Player, I really hope that the Eurovision stream is made available to us. Because it is seriously unfair to geo-block it because of a TV channel having the broadcasting rights, when the channel that has the rights isn't even showing it!

By the way, so that the whole post can be done in one go, I will aim each week to make out my TV Schedule posts for the various versions of Eurosport on the Monday morning of competition week. Any sooner, and I would not be able to include the additional streams or any possible round-up shows being shown on the Monday morning after the competition.

CaroLiza_fan