Last movie you watched | Golden Skate

Last movie you watched

Tulipstar

Medalist
and what's the verdict? :popcorn:

For me it's Atomic Blonde. I absolute loved it: the visuals, eighties feel, twists, action and of course Charlize Theron.

Ross74

Medalist
I just saw The Big Sick with Kumail Nanjiani. I enjoyed it, but I could never forget that I was watching a stand-up comedian. Zoe Kazan was excellent in the role of the girlfriend.

TMC

Record Breaker
I went to see Dunkirk recently - twice. It's absolutely brilliant. The structure made it seem like a 21st century version of The Longest Day. I'm not a fan of Nolan's in general but I'm glad I ignored my prejudices this time.

Music-wise, I adore Hans Zimmer but the guy sure does repeat himself a lot though!

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
Ice Castles, 2010 remake. I prefer the original one.

BTW, I just realized the fact that Lexi's Fire Bird program is pretty similar to Gracie's program. I am the only one who thinks that?

heyang

Record Breaker
I went to see Dunkirk recently - twice. It's absolutely brilliant. The structure made it seem like a 21st century version of The Longest Day. I'm not a fan of Nolan's in general but I'm glad I ignored my prejudices this time.

Music-wise, I adore Hans Zimmer but the guy sure does repeat himself a lot though!

Agree 100%. I watched Dunkirk in IMAx . My boss had seen and recommended it. I definitely think it deserved an Oscar nomination, and that it's a watchable Oscar possible nominee.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Today, I finally watched for the first time...

Dare I say the "F-word"?

OK then. Here goes...

"Frozen"

There I said it. I watched "Frozen".

I went into it not knowing what to expect. On the one hand, I grew up watching Disney animated films, and I loved them all. But on the other hand, I don't normally like things that are really hyped. And you have to admit that "Frozen" was hyped to the extreme. So, I had developed a bit of hostility towards it.

But, when I watched it, I enjoyed it. For the first half hour, it seemed a straightforward enough story, where we knew where it was heading. But then there were twists which I for one didn't see coming.

And, like all Disney films, the songs really added to it. :points:

Still don't like "Let It Go", though. Although, having it in the context of the story and actually paying attention to the lyrics while Elsa was singing it did make me understand what it was about. So, I guess I have warmed a bit to it. Only a bit, though.

The only thing is, watching "Frozen" has started me worrying about myself. Because this is the second Disney animated film that I have watched for the first time in the past couple of months, and the second where I have found one of the main characters attractive...

Oh, the irony! :drama: The Snow Queen is hot! :laugh:

(For the record, the other one was Rapunzel from "Tangled").

Please don't tell me this is a sign that I'm getting too old for Disney cartoons!!! :eek:

Because NOBODY is too old for Disney cartoons!!! :agree: :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

TMC

Record Breaker
Agree 100%. I watched Dunkirk in IMAx . My boss had seen and recommended it. I definitely think it deserved an Oscar nomination, and that it's a watchable Oscar possible nominee.

I'm going to see it for the third time this week; taking my parents this time!

For sure see it in IMAX if possible - I swear during some scenes I could taste the salt water, it was so realistic.

Alex D

Record Breaker
I did watch a Swedish movie with a friend, about a vampire girl and some bullied boy. She is from Sweden and we did watch the original version from 2008. It was called, Låt den rätte komma in - which translates into "let the right one in".

It was very well done and I felt the movie showed well, how friendship and love does not know genders, age or looks. I can highly recommend the movie (there is also an English version available ;) )

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Hidden Figures... :cool2:

Now watching Elektra on TV.. I like Rob Bowman movies; Elektra and Reign of Fire are favorites.. watch them over and over.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
"Hacksaw Ridge" on a subscription service.

A movie has to have tremendous reviews and recommendations for me to actually go to a movie theater... for a variety of reasons.

I'm trying very hard to remember the last movie I saw in a theater, and I believe it may have been "Zero Dark Thirty" and that's been years ago.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Do miniseries count? We are watching Lonesome Dove.

No. Miniseries do not count. You are fined $100, so please mail it to me immediately!

All joking aside, that may be the best made-for-TV epic I've ever seen.

I might have to find it on subscription and watch again.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Despicable Me 3. My grandson was visiting.

I skipped Spiderman Homecoming - sent my husband instead!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Today, I finally watched for the first time...

Dare I say the "F-word"?

OK then. Here goes...

"Frozen"

There I said it. I watched "Frozen".

I went into it not knowing what to expect. On the one hand, I grew up watching Disney animated films, and I loved them all. But on the other hand, I don't normally like things that are really hyped. And you have to admit that "Frozen" was hyped to the extreme. So, I had developed a bit of hostility towards it.

But, when I watched it, I enjoyed it. For the first half hour, it seemed a straightforward enough story, where we knew where it was heading. But then there were twists which I for one didn't see coming.

And, like all Disney films, the songs really added to it. :points:

Still don't like "Let It Go", though. Although, having it in the context of the story and actually paying attention to the lyrics while Elsa was singing it did make me understand what it was about. So, I guess I have warmed a bit to it. Only a bit, though.

The only thing is, watching "Frozen" has started me worrying about myself. Because this is the second Disney animated film that I have watched for the first time in the past couple of months, and the second where I have found one of the main characters attractive...

Oh, the irony! :drama: The Snow Queen is hot! :laugh:

(For the record, the other one was Rapunzel from "Tangled").

Please don't tell me this is a sign that I'm getting too old for Disney cartoons!!! :eek:

Because NOBODY is too old for Disney cartoons!!! :agree: :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Did you like Olaf & his song "In Summer" (sung by Josh Gad)? :love:

Back to the topic - "Race" - the movie about Jesse Owens :agree:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Did you like Olaf & his song "In Summer" (sung by Josh Gad)? :love:

I absolutely loved Olaf. He was hilarious! And so likable. A real tonic to Anna, who I actually found pretty annoying (although, I did start to warm to her towards the end of the film).

Olaf's song was so funny! It was a classic Disney song - a very clever song, but at the same time a catchy song that you can get into very easily. After every line, you couldn't help but reply "But you're a snowman! You'd melt!" :laugh:

But, when there were occasions later in the film when there was the real chance that he could melt, I was actually shouting "NO, NO, NO!!! Don't do that!!!" That I was genuinely worried for him just shows how good a character he was. ;) :biggrin:

You know, I would quite like to see him get his own spin-off. :agree:

CaroLiza_fan

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
"Hacksaw Ridge" on a subscription service.

A movie has to have tremendous reviews and recommendations for me to actually go to a movie theater... for a variety of reasons.

I thought this was one of the best movies I've watched ...ever!! I never watch war movies but this one kept me on the edge of my seat.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Miss Congeniality is the last film I watched.

I've been on a TV documentary kick lately.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I absolutely loved Olaf. He was hilarious! And so likable. A real tonic to Anna, who I actually found pretty annoying (although, I did start to warm to her towards the end of the film).

Olaf's song was so funny! It was a classic Disney song - a very clever song, but at the same time a catchy song that you can get into very easily. After every line, you couldn't help but reply "But you're a snowman! You'd melt!" :laugh:

But, when there were occasions later in the film when there was the real chance that he could melt, I was actually shouting "NO, NO, NO!!! Don't do that!!!" That I was genuinely worried for him just shows how good a character he was. ;) :biggrin:

You know, I would quite like to see him get his own spin-off. :agree:

CaroLiza_fan

I loved Olaf's antics in the "Frozen Fever" short (which was presented in the movie theater with the live action "Cinderella"). The part where he eats the icing off of the birthday cake, & then tries to put it back cracks me up! He's SO endearing! :love: Confession - he's easily my favorite of the newer Disney characters. Tonichelle knows my favorite Disney character of all time :biggrin: .

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I loved Olaf's antics in the "Frozen Fever" short (which was presented in the movie theater with the live action "Cinderella"). The part where he eats the icing off of the birthday cake, & then tries to put it back cracks me up! He's SO endearing! :love: Confession - he's easily my favorite of the newer Disney characters. Tonichelle knows my favorite Disney character of all time :biggrin: .

Only the best character of all time! Donald Duck #1!

- - - Updated - - -

Only the best character of all time! Donald Duck #1!