2017-18 State of Russian Men's skating | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Men's skating

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Nobody wants to create this thread. And we all know why. But anyway, let's make it.

Russia has only two spots for OG and Worlds.

Contenders:

Dmitry Aliev
Mikhail Kolyada
Lord Samarin
Maxim Kovtun
Andrei Lazukin
Sergei Voronov
Alexander Petrov

Well, many people think that Aliev and Kolyada will be in the team. But I know that deep in your heart you all wish that lord Samarin will be there.

Also if we're talking about stability then only Petrov can show it. Other skaters constantly show unstable results.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Also if we're talking about stability then only Petrov can show it. Other skaters constantly show unstable results.

Sergei was stable last season except for his LP at Russian Nats. He was the only one to medal on the GP. And Petrov was not as stable as you claim. Also, please don't assume who any of us want in the team.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
so did Aliev have 2 quad jumps in the SP?
Apparently he jumped 4Lz+3T, 4T, 3A, but no details. The people who posted didn't stay long enough to watch (Dima skated last).
Kolyada jumped 4Lz (two feet, < or <<), 4T+3T (good), 3A (good).
There should be a final protocol next week.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I've got nothing against him, but I don't think Petrov was stable at all.
I agree with silverfoxes, Sergei had great performances, sadly apart from Rus Nats. He'll do everything to show the Fed that he hasn't gone away and very best of luck to him :cheer2:
Kolyada wasn't the best he can be, but he was pretty consistent in my mind. :thumbsup:
I hope Dima is in with a chance and I wish Max would find that magic wand that helps him get his feet off the ice, let alone jump. I know, I know...:palmf:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Upcoming international competitions:

ISU CS Lombardia Trophy 2017 (14.09.2017 - 17.09.2017)
Andrei Lazukin
Alexander Petrov

ISU CS Ondrej Nepela Memorial 2017 (21.09.2017 - 23.09.2017)
Dmitry Aliev
Mikhail Kolyada
Lord Samarin

Fish in the sea

Rinkside
Free skate didn't go well for Kolyada at the Cup of Saint-Petersburg but he still won with a total score of 256.56.

4Lz fall, 4S hand, 2A, 4T fall, 3A+2T, 3Lz, 1Lo, 3Lz

Anton Shulepov is second. 253.16

4T, 3A+3T, 3Lo, 3A+half loop+2F, 3Lz+2T, 3Lz, 2S, 3S

Aliev withdrew.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Free skate didn't go well for Kolyada at the Cup of Saint-Petersburg but he still won with a total score of 256.56.

And why I'm not surprised. At least he doesn't ruin whole his program like Kovtun.

Tutto

Record Breaker

And why I'm not surprised. At least he doesn't ruin whole his program like Kovtun.

I'd say it is pretty impressive for that early in the season. It is the first time Kolyada attempted 5 quads (in total) and also 3 different quads in the LP (any other Russian man ever done that?)

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
I'd say it is pretty impressive for that early in the season. It is the first time Kolyada attempted 5 quads (in total) and also 3 different quads in the LP (any other Russian man ever done that?)

It's impressive, yes. But like in the last season he popped 3Lo and continue doing unstable 4T (which always 50/50). Also 2A instead 3A.

For example he will land 4Lz, then he will fall from 4T, then pop 3Lo, then pop on 3A. And let's compare him with Kovtun: 4T-3T, 4S, 4S-2T, and then Kovtun will start ruin remaining jumps, walking on the ice.

So only hopes for Aliev, lord Samarin and Petrovs. Or for one good clean skate from Kolyada like in Boston.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Kolyada's 4T is not unstable. He never had any problem doing it as the first jump last season, and then as a second jump too, and now even in combination. It's just that he obviously had no energy to skate the program after the first two quads.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
If Lazukin medals at the Lombardia Trophy does he have a chance to grab that third spot at the Rostelecom cup?

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I still have a big question about mikail kolyada's free skate performance at nationals last season. I watched the English speaking- commentary version, and in the middle of his skate the commentators go "what is this!?" and "oh my god" and "that's advertising!" What was going on?

TinaV

Spectator
I still have a big question about mikail kolyada's free skate performance at nationals last season. I watched the English speaking- commentary version, and in the middle of his skate the commentators go "what is this!?" and "oh my god" and "that's advertising!" What was going on?

There was unexpected advertising of Rostelecom...