2017-18 State of Russian Men's skating | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Men's skating

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Sometimes details are eye-opening so I just collated PCS of four top skaters at Nationals and their best PCS at GP:

Kolyada SP: GP 44.71/NAT 46.71: +2.0; FS GP 89.20/NAT 94.36: +4.56, together: +6.56
Samarin SP: GP 40.53/NAT 44.67: +4.04; FS GP 79.98/NAT 88.36: +8.38, together: +12.42
Aliev SP: GP 40.32/NAT 42.25: +1.93; FS GP 81.28/NAT 86.64: +5.36, together: +7.29
Voronov SP: GP 42.61/NAT 43.33: +0.72; FS GP 86.92/NAT 86.28: -0.64, together: +0.08.

Seriously, if they got similar PCS as in international field, Sergei might have even won the Silver!

Mods, please, give me the option to swear for one time!

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Where are you seeing all this whining about Dima being underscored "left and right"? I haven't seen anything like that on GS.

I think coldblueeyes may have been referring to particular Dmitri fans who have been complaining left and right that Kolyada and Samarin are unfairly overscored while other Russian men are unfairly held down. The implication is pretty clear.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Sometimes details are eye-opening so I just collated PCS of four top skaters at Nationals and their best PCS at GP:

Kolyada SP: GP 44.71/NAT 46.71: +2.0; FS GP 89.20/NAT 94.36: +4.56, together: +6.56
Samarin SP: GP 40.53/NAT 44.67: +4.04; FS GP 79.98/NAT 88.36: +8.38, together: +12.42
Aliev SP: GP 40.32/NAT 42.25: +1.93; FS GP 81.28/NAT 86.64: +5.36, together: +7.29
Voronov SP: GP 42.61/NAT 43.33: +0.72; FS GP 86.92/NAT 86.28: -0.64, together: +0.08.

Poor Voronov.... :disapp:

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I think coldblueeyes may have been referring to particular Dmitri fans who have been complaining left and right that Kolyada and Samarin are unfairly overscored while other Russian men are unfairly held down. The implication is pretty clear.

People see what they want to see, always.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

The blatant overscoring of those two has nothing to do with Dmitri or Sergei's scores outside of Russia, so no...it's not. I can't think of any occasion when I thought Dima was underscored in recent memory. Obviously he has been injured and his scores were quite fair for what he put out imo.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
The blatant overscoring of those two has nothing to do with Dmitri or Sergei's scores outside of Russia, so no...it's not. I can't think of any occasion when I thought Dima was underscored in recent memory. Obviously he has been injured and his scores were quite fair for what he put out imo.

Certain sentiments seemed quite clear heading into Russian nationals, the only head to head w all, that they would be overscored at the expense of Dmitri, but perhaps that wasn't your view.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Certain sentiments seemed quite clear heading into Russian nationals, the only head to head w all, that they would be overscored at the expense of Dmitri, but perhaps that wasn't your view.

It's probably me who worded it wrong. Some people just show distaste when Misha competes badly, but get silent when he does well. It's all normal around here. This time, though, it wasn't him the one that ended someone else's chances in the Olympics, so the music is playing softly against some skaters, but if it was Misha in third and Sergei in fourth, I'm sure things would be different, and loud.

I for one hope to see all three guys doing their best in Euros, even though I wanted to see Sergei over Sasha, but I can't do anything about that. :confused2:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Sergei Voronov comments on his future plans:

http://fs-gossips.com/sergei-voronov-probably-someone-will-laugh-if-i-say-that-i-want-to-continue/

I'm so glad he is considering continuing. I wish... oh, never mind.

Sergei is a total inspiration and I applaud him if he considers continuing - and even if he doesn't! Either way I'm sure he'll go down as a legend and be remembered for his tenacity and interesting programs and costumes.

And the Russian Figure Skating Fed can put that in their pipes and smoke it!

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
lmao what a fail this day is really (well except Dima) :laugh:

I need a hug:noshake:

gmyers

Record Breaker
So what? He had a plan B. He will not do 4Lz in the FS either despite it being on the planned content sheet.

It’s just a potential reason Plushenko wasn’t excited about Aliev’s performance. I think he knew because it was in all the Russian press that Aliev was planning quad lutzes at euros so while he did place second it’s not with the intended and most competitive content.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

shmay

On the Ice
So glad to see Aliev take a big step toward the Olympics. I hope he can hold off Kolyada in the long program too so Russia-non-Russia will need to think about which men to use in the team event.

Step Sequence4

JULLLIEEEEETTTT!
Final Flight
If Aliev can hold it together in the FS he’ll certainly give the Russian fed quite the desicion.