2017-18 Injuries & Other Ills | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2017-18 Injuries & Other Ills

LRK

Record Breaker
Thank you, nimi!

And yes

:ghug:

Hoping & wishing for a speedy & complete recovery for everyone!

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
:(

Do Boyang and Evgenia both have ankle problems? Is that a common injury problem?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
:(

Do Boyang and Evgenia both have ankle problems? Is that a common injury problem?

Ankle injuries are common in skaters especially singles. Boyang has injuries to both his ankles, Meds is a crack in her metatarsal bone(part of the foot behind the toes).

nimi

Medalist
I think it was the 2015 Worlds where both Mura and Kozuka struggled because of ankle injuries. IIRC Mura skated with 2 sprained ankles... Ouch.
That was painful to watch, can't even begin to imagine how painful it feels like for a skater going for a quad... :palmf:

Stress fractures and other foot injuries seem to be fairly common, too. E.g. Yuzu's Lisfranc injury that derailed him at 2016 Worlds and Gracie's stress fracture that made her withdraw from the 2014 GPF.

LRK

Record Breaker
Oh, dear... Thanks for telling us, though - get well soon, Courtney!

Good thoughts & wishes to all skaters...

noskates

Record Breaker
I wonder if Courtney's infection is similar or the same thing as Ashley's. Interesting.

LRK

Record Breaker
Sigh... And I just saw this tweet from Jackie Wong:

News today: Anna Pogorilaya out of Russian Nationals, effectively ending her Olympic season; and per @paul_peret Vanessa James/Morgan Cipres out of French Nationals after a bad fall on thr4S in practice (left shoulder, practiced today without pair elements)
https://twitter.com/rockerskating/status/940976847755636736

The tweet from Paul Peret:

James-Cipres out from French Nationals. A bad fall during a quad throw attempt at practice in Nantes yesterday. Her left shoulder is injured
https://twitter.com/paul_peret/status/940962598270504961

Get well soon, Vanessa!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
does anyone know for sure that Evgenia is skating full out or is it still just regaining her form and jumps?