Page 121 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2171111112113114115116117118119120121122 LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 2424

Thread: Alena Kostornaia

3 Not allowed!
    Not sure about quads, but at least in hair length she's catching up!

6 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Azikin View Post
    Not sure about quads, but at least in hair length she's catching up!
    The length of the hair is the key. Not a single hair longer than 1 m allowed before you land a quad

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Batsuchan View Post
    One more photo from Di Davis:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/ByhzR9eIBhd/
    Her hair is so long and gorgeous!

And a photo of Alyona with Artem Frolov (who seems to be part of Team Tutberidze?):
    https://www.instagram.com/p/ByinK3lIeBo/
    He looks too tall to be figure skater. Alenas mystrrious eyes say I like this guy.

But the main thing is for Alena to be healthy this year I hope it leg is 100% healthy. Look how her good friend Anna has recovered from a broken leg to do quads so I'm very hopeful that Alenas leg is good and we will see a triple axle within the next year or so.

Tripping on the Podium

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott512 View Post
    He looks too tall to be figure skater. Alenas mystrrious eyes say I like this guy.

But the main thing is for Alena to be healthy this year I hope it leg is 100% healthy. Look how her good friend Anna has recovered from a broken leg to do quads so I'm very hopeful that Alenas leg is good and we will see a triple axle within the next year or so.
    He’s been in Team Tutberidze for a while but only competed once last season - I’m not sure what injury he had. I don’t think he’s that tall, just Alena is very small 🤣

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateSkates View Post
    He’s been in Team Tutberidze for a while but only competed once last season - I’m not sure what injury he had. I don’t think he’s that tall, just Alena is very small 🤣
    She is small but growing. Almost 5 feet tall now I think.

Tripping on the Podium

2 Not allowed!
    Or maybe her eyes say "I like this dog."

I thought it was funny that IFS magazine used a single photo of Alyona in their article about the 2019-20 Russian National team:
    https://www.ifsmagazine.com/team-rus...9-2020-season/
    Like, couldn't they find a photo with more than 1 Russian skater? Or maybe they trying to tell us something? (Like Alyona is the best!)

I do hope that the fact that Alyona got named to the main team means that she will get 2 GP assignments for sure!

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Or maybe her eyes say "I like this dog."

I thought it was funny that IFS magazine used a single photo of Alyona in their article about the 2019-20 Russian National team:
    https://www.ifsmagazine.com/team-rus...9-2020-season/
    Like, couldn't they find a photo with more than 1 Russian skater? Or maybe they trying to tell us something? (Like Alyona is the best!)

I do hope that the fact that Alyona got named to the main team means that she will get 2 GP assignments for sure!
    I didn't even notice the dog the first time. Maybe Alina is purring like a kitten in this picture because of the dog or because he has his arm around her.

Alena gets two Grand Prix assignments for sure. Anything less would be ridiculous.

Tripping on the Podium

1 Not allowed!
    I didn't even notice the dog the first time. Maybe Alina is purring like a kitten in this picture because of the dog or because he has his arm around her.

Alena gets two Grand Prix assignments for sure. Anything less would be ridiculous.
    Is it a dog or a cat?

And she isn’t guaranteed 2 spots, but I hope she gets 2. I don’t know why feds wouldn’t want to pick her. Her skating is beautiful and anyone in the crowd would enjoy it, even if they don’t follow juniors and haven’t heard of her before. (Which I find hard to believe due to all the press the 3A have been getting).

I hope her getting 2 spots isn’t derailed by the injury that took her out of JR Worlds. She lost out on valuable ranking points - even her worst performance last season would have had her on the podium.

The good news is we will find out GP assignments next week and then get to see DOI performances the week after. I wonder what program Alena will show us.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Is it a dog or a cat?

And she isn’t guaranteed 2 spots, but I hope she gets 2. I don’t know why feds wouldn’t want to pick her. Her skating is beautiful and anyone in the crowd would enjoy it, even if they don’t follow juniors and haven’t heard of her before. (Which I find hard to believe due to all the press the 3A have been getting).

I hope her getting 2 spots isn’t derailed by the injury that took her out of JR Worlds. She lost out on valuable ranking points - even her worst performance last season would have had her on the podium.

The good news is we will find out GP assignments next week and then get to see DOI performances the week after. I wonder what program Alena will show us.
    I dont know what it is! But its furry.

Alena will get two spots. Her skating is the most beautiful out there and she medaled at senior nats the last 2 years. Another really beautiful skater and artist Anastasia Gubanova finished ninth at senior Nationals last season and she's probably going to get two spots. Stanislava Konstantinova has not medaled at senior Nationals and she's almost 19 and she's almost assuredly going to get two spots. This means Alena is surely going to get 2 Grand Prix assignments as she should.

I also think that Alina should do a couple Challengers as well where her beautiful skating and artistry can overwhelm competition.

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    Is it a dog or a cat?

I don't know if it's appropriate to ask here. I will be going to Tokyo in late June. I am thinking of going to DOI. Alena is my favorite and I want to see her skate live. But I can't figure out the way to get a ticket for DOI. It seems that you can only buy online if you have an address and phone number in Japan. Are there any other safe ways for me to get a ticket? Thanks!

6 Not allowed!
    Alyona is thanking her fans for the new gifts so thoughtful and kind of her

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByqQYqXI...=1mu3s7hu4gsdx

6 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBallerina View Post
    Alyona is thanking her fans for the new gifts so thoughtful and kind of her

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByqQYqXI...=1mu3s7hu4gsdx
    Amazing suitcase!
    Here's a big picture: https://sun6-2.userapi.com/c856128/v...RAwuOrwJt4.jpg

Medalist

4 Not allowed!
    can't help but notice the red tape on her leg in one of these pictures, i hope it's just for extra support to prevent being injured again, and not a present injury.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByqT1WAIU46/

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by macy View Post
    can't help but notice the red tape on her leg in one of these pictures, i hope it's just for extra support to prevent being injured again, and not a present injury.

I saw the tape on her legs as well and am also concerned but I really hope it’s just preventative. It would be awful if she was injured again for her senior debut.

I hope Eteri and team adjust her training plan accordingly to prevent injury. Not all skaters are the same and not all bodies can withstand the same number of reps - but I’m sure Alena wants to do as much as all the other skaters since she is competitive and wants to be the best.

Tripping on the Podium

5 Not allowed!

Yes, Alyona herself actually answered this question here:
    https://vk.com/wall-64888695_852202
    (If you aren't a VK member, you won't be able to see the comments)

She wrote:
    все хорошо, просто начало сборов и все болит😂😂, тейп для поддержания мышц
    GoogleTranslate:
    everything is good, just the beginning of the training camp and everything hurts 😂😂, tape is to maintain muscles
    So that's a relief!

I really hope she stays injury-free!

Tripping on the Podium

2 Not allowed!
    https://youtu.be/H0D_t2PGL18

Alena on Japanese tv. If anyone can provide a translation that would be greatly appreciated.

Tripping on the Podium

7 Not allowed!
    https://youtu.be/H0D_t2PGL18

Alena on Japanese tv. If anyone can provide a translation that would be greatly appreciated.
    Here you go:
    The text on screen that looks like a newspaper clipping talks about her winning 2018 JGPF.
    She says she's been going to Sambo 70 for 3 years; she wanted to train at this school because the best skaters come here--people like Alina Zagitova.
    Her dream is to go to Worlds, Euros, Olympics.
    They ask her what her goal is--what color medal? And she says she's not focused on the color of the medal, but she wants to show her style of beautiful skating.
    About Eteri: she's not just good at teaching technique but also in addressing the psychological aspect. She knows how to teach each student according to their own needs, and she's the coach that many people--and of course Alyona--respect the most.
    The interviewer asks her about the weight of others' expectations, and she says she's not really concerned about that because skating is what she likes to do--and she's just grateful she's able to do what she likes.

I'm glad to hear she doesn't feel burdened by others' expectations--at least not yet!
    And of course, I really hope she makes it to the next Olympics!

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!

That has to be where her stress fracture was or where she was sore that say. Having had a stress fracture of my tibula or fibula in 2013( I dont remember which) I cant imagine a figure skater like Alena having that pain and having to jump on it. I have to believe she is healthy but just a little sore there nd that is precautionary tape.

2 Not allowed!
    Here you go:
    The text on screen that looks like a newspaper clipping talks about her winning 2018 JGPF.
    She says she's been going to Sambo 70 for 3 years; she wanted to train at this school because the best skaters come here--people like Alina Zagitova.
    They ask her what her goal is--what color medal? And she says she's not focused on the color of the medal, but she wants to show her style of beautiful skating.
    About Eteri: she's not just good at teaching technique but also in addressing the psychological aspect. She knows how to teach each student according to their own needs, and she's the coach that many people--and of course Alyona--respect the most.
    The interviewer asks her about the weight of others' expectations, and she says she's not really concerned about that because skating is what she likes to do--and she's just grateful she's able to do what she likes.

I'm glad to hear she doesn't feel burdened by others' expectations--at least not yet!
    Thanks! It's good to hear that it's her dream to go to Worlds, Euros, Olympics. That means she doesn't plan to give up skating in the near future. And of course, I also hope this dream will come true..

Bona Fide Member

2 Not allowed!
    Here you go:

She has such depth to her as well being such a charmer.

Page 121 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2171111112113114115116117118119120121122 LastLast