Alena Kostornaia | Page 131 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

SkateSkates

Medalist
Hi - there's an English translation here:
https://fs-gossips.com/elena-radion...art-hating-you-even-for-some-innocent-phrase/

And the original link/video here:
https://www.sport-express.ru/figure...gda-snitsya-chto-ubegayu-ot-manyakov-1560226/

I think this is the question/answer:

But it seems to me that Elena is saying that LIZA regained her triple axel after puberty, not Aliona.

My interpretation of this quote was that Elena believes that Aliona can also regain her 3A post-puberty, just like Liza did, because she learned it early enough.

And I have to say, I agree with her! I don’t think she was back landing 3As in late June, that seems a bit far fetched to me. But it is believable that she has recently (last couple of weeks) started working on them off the harness. We don’t know how long it will take for her to get it back, and I’m sure the team is being very careful since she was just injured.

I do hope we get to see her beautiful 3A in competition in the future.

sclloyd

On the Ice
Country
United-States
My interpretation of this quote was that Elena believes that Aliona can also regain her 3A post-puberty, just like Liza did, because she learned it early enough.

And I have to say, I agree with her! I don’t think she was back landing 3As in late June, that seems a bit far fetched to me. But it is believable that she has recently (last couple of weeks) started working on them off the harness. We don’t know how long it will take for her to get it back, and I’m sure the team is being very careful since she was just injured.

This is the translation I’ve read.

“She [Kostornaia] has a triple axel. Just like Liza Tuktamysheva, who learned it at an early age, and then lost it during a transitional age. Now restored it again. She already had the skill, she knows how to do it, she just got the needed shape and everything worked out for her.”

From this appears she is saying that Kostornaia, like Liza, learned it again following a growth spurt. I guess we will see in two weeks.

Artemisa

Final Flight
I think for Kostornaya is going to be easier to regain the 3A then was for tuk ...all her jumps are still almost perfect ... but to be honest I don't think she lost the 3A ( with that 2A with difficult entry it's almost hard to belive that she can't jump 3A) ... I think she only gone say that she can jump it when she lands the jump 99 % of the time in practice ... Alena has great PCS and GOES ... so she isn't gonna risk all that for 50 /50 3A

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
This is the translation I’ve read.

“She [Kostornaia] has a triple axel. Just like Liza Tuktamysheva, who learned it at an early age, and then lost it during a transitional age. Now restored it again. She already had the skill, she knows how to do it, she just got the needed shape and everything worked out for her.”

From this appears she is saying that Kostornaia, like Liza, learned it again following a growth spurt. I guess we will see in two weeks.

No, in russian, she's definitely talking about Liza regaining her 3A after puberty, hence making an implication that Alyona can get it back, since she's already learned it before.
She was talking about it in general sense that she thinks that learning jumps pre-puberty will at least leave a chance to relearn them post puberty.

Scott512

Record Breaker

How can she be post puberty at 15? 17 yes. 15? Nah.

I expect to see Alena to have a very good 3a in a year or 2. Why rush it? Olympics are still 2.5 years away.

Batsuchan

Medalist
Well, it's now the 24th in Moscow, so happy happy birthday Aliona!
:clap: :hap57: :hap93: :dance3: :yay:

May all your wishes come true! :yes:

moonstruck

On the Ice
Happy birthday Alena!!! :hap93: hopefully she will have a great sweet 16 day, and a year filled with happiness and success ahead of her :)

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
"S Dnyom Rozhdyeniya" or Happy Birthday in phonetic Russian.

Little time for celebrations probably, Test Skates and GP programs are being trained every day, perhaps that triksel too. A successfully attempted and cleanly landed 3A would be a nice belated birthday surprise.

But let's hope Alyona also has her mind set on doing more worldly and/or receiving material things for her birthday ;-)

Have these been posted before? https://www.instagram.com/p/B1hbwU4JIOQ/ Alyona is like a model here :)

ruga

Final Flight
Happy Birthday!!!! She probably won't read this, but I wish a successful and exciting season for her :)

Orlov

Medalist
I will never forget the "Miracle in Vancouver". In our pragmatic era, when Beauty and Art is always inferior to the Power, it was delightful, symbolic and gave hope. For me, Alena is true Beauty. The same Beauty about which Dostoevsky said "Beauty will save the world". Thank you for your existence :) Happy birthday, our nenaglyadnaya Alyonochka!

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
I will never forget the "Miracle in Vancouver". In our pragmatic era, when Beauty and Art is always inferior to the Power, it was delightful, symbolic and gave hope. For me, Alena is true Beauty. The same Beauty about which Dostoevsky said "Beauty will save the world". Thank you for your existence :) Happy birthday, our nenaglyadnaya Alyonochka!

I'm not crying you are :sad21:

Happy birthday beautiful Angel :love::love::love:

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Happy birthday, amazing Alyona! :love:

I feel so honoured to be able to watch such an amazing skater, who touched my soul from the first moment I saw her skating. I hope that her elegance and beauty will conquer the senior world too, that she will have an amazing season, and all her dreams will come true ! :luv17: