Alena Kostornaia | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

Scott512

Record Breaker
Her skating is so beautiful. I think I enjoy watching her skate more than anyone including Zagitova or Medvedeva.

But I don't get why she always finishes second to Trusova. She seems like the more complete skater than Sasha is.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Her skating is so beautiful. I think I enjoy watching her skate more than anyone including Zagitova or Medvedeva.

But I don't get why she always finishes second to Trusova. She seems like the more complete skater than Sasha is.

Well, here in the SP the difference mostly was simply in that Sasha does a more difficult combo(0.88 points more in BV) and Kostornaia got a ! on her Lutz(Usually a bit more than 1 point in GOE). In general, Kostornaia's jump content is relatively simple in comparison and it becomes even more pronounced in the FS.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Alena was absolutely wonderful. She’s by far my favorite junior lady, I hope her future will be bright!!!

Scott512

Record Breaker
Well, here in the SP the difference mostly was simply in that Sasha does a more difficult combo(0.88 points more in BV) and Kostornaia got a ! on her Lutz(Usually a bit more than 1 point in GOE). In general, Kostornaia's jump content is relatively simple in comparison and it becomes even more pronounced in the FS.
Well thank you for the explanation it makes sense and I guess that's how Alina beat Evgenia and Adelina beat Yuna skating more difficult higher-scoring programs with bigger and better jumps. I guess that's why Sasha always gets the edge on Alena even though Alena seems to be a more complete and elegant figure skater.

Seruleane

Final Flight
Alena's the whole package. Lovely, interesting spins - fast, smooth skating - good jumps (I can't tell the lutz is off) - natural poise/elegance- and just excellent musicality. I can't think of the last lady skater who had it all. She is like the best of Satoko, Yulia, Evgenia, and Yuna all combined. I hope her team takes good care of her and she stays injury free. I can't wait to see her senior debut.

Azikin

Medalist
She is like the best of Satoko, Yulia, Evgenia, and Yuna all combined..

Yes, something like that.. :laugh: She's a proof that next level can be reached even without crazy jumps.. it's kind of sad she has a chance of winning today only if Sasha doesn't land her quads..

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
She's so special :luv17: I hope she will be healthy forever, so she can grace us with her skating for a long, long time. I'm keeping my fingers for her to win that JWC title!

Azikin

Medalist
She's the winner for me, no matter the quads.. :luv17::thank::cheer::love:
OK, let's be realistic. What Sasha did today was truly historical and she deserved to win. But Alyona was still the most special skater there today...

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
She is incredible on the ice, the total package. I think she's already working on 3A, isn't she ? She's a joy to watch !

Is there a possibility for her to compete at the Senior GP ? Some Juniors ladies have done that in the past (without being senior eligible). I don't know if it's still possible.

ters

Rinkside
She is incredible on the ice, the total package. I think she's already working on 3A, isn't she ? She's a joy to watch !

Is there a possibility for her to compete at the Senior GP ? Some Juniors ladies have done that in the past (without being senior eligible). I don't know if it's still possible.
Partial senior-eligibility (only for Grand Prix and senior B competitions) was eliminated a number of years ago. The eligibility rules are now exactly the same for all senior events. She won't be eligible until the 2019-2020 season.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Partial senior-eligibility (only for Grand Prix and senior B competitions) was eliminated a number of years ago. The eligibility rules are now exactly the same for all senior events. She won't be eligible until the 2019-2020 season.

Too bad :( Cannot wait to see her in the future though !

Scott512

Record Breaker
Alena finished about 18 points out of first. Lol! How does she perform so outstandingly and finish 18 points out of first place. I am good with Sasha winning the gold. But by 18 points? smh.

It's too bad this girl can skate with the seniors because there's really no reason for her to be in juniors anymore.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Alena finished about 18 points out of first. Lol! How does she perform so outstandingly and finish 18 points out of first place. I am good with Sasha winning the gold. But by 18 points? smh.

It's too bad this girl can skate with the seniors because there's really no reason for her to be in juniors anymore.

Sasha's triple jump content was significantly more difficult than Alena's on its own.

Oh, and Sasha also did jump 2 quads.

Kostornaia actually won in PCS but there was nothing she could do here...