Alena Kostornaia | Page 118 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
Lovely Alena will skate her free program this season to No One Ever Called Me That from the soundtrack of Third Person by Dario Marianelli. It has a very mature, sophisticated, and somewhat somber sound.

SkateSkates

Medalist
Lovely Alena will skate her free program this season to No One Ever Called Me That from the soundtrack of Third Person by Dario Marianelli. It has a very mature, sophisticated, and somewhat somber sound.

I posted this in the edge but I am very excited about her LP. Think it could be a more mature version of Stella’s theme. Or at least I hope that’s the direction they go.

I am a bit more undecided about the SP. will have to see how the choreo changes for competition

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
I posted this in the edge but I am very excited about her LP. Think it could be a more mature version of Stella’s theme. Or at least I hope that’s the direction they go.

I am a bit more undecided about the SP. will have to see how the choreo changes for competition
I'm quite concerned about the short, but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. I think it could be a fun, different program for her if they back off on some of the obvious vampire imagery. I'd hate to see her be held back in PCS because of a program that isn't reflective of the maturity of her skating. She's also still a kid though, so it's a strange line to walk.

On the other hand, I think this FS is going to be gorgeous. The music at least is very senior in comparison.

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight

Same thinking. I'm not sure about that kind of choice for a Senior SP, at the same time i'm overly hyped for the free :hap57:

anna gabriela

Rinkside
I'm quite concerned about the short, but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. I think it could be a fun, different program for her if they back off on some of the obvious vampire imagery. I'd hate to see her be held back in PCS because of a program that isn't reflective of the maturity of her skating. She's also still a kid though, so it's a strange line to walk.

I definitely agree about backing off from the vampire imagery. Obviously they will have to remove some of the choreo to add in a StSq, another jump and some more spins so I think that should help tone it down a little. Also I think that a more mature/subtle costume will make a big difference. I have faith that team Tutberidze know how to maximise PCS so I think they’ll make any necessary adjustments.

SkateSkates

Medalist
And l assume they haven’t reworked the vampire program yet. I’m sure if it’s not working as a competitive program they will change it (like they did for evgenia in the oly season).

I am glad she is expanding her artistic range, but I selfishly wanted her to do a tango again since adios noninos was such a masterpiece. My dream is for her to skate to Aranjuez as a LP but maybe next year.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Oh, I didn‘t expect news! And both programs revealed at once as well, too.

Well, I already love the choice for the FS. I think it will be great for her. I didn‘t know the music before but I think it could match her style of skating.

I‘m not too sold on the SP yet, though. I really liked the Vampire program as a exhibition, it was fun and different but it wasn‘t particularly refined, especially the costume. Alena can make everything look good but I think it might be best if they leave out the biting of the hand and the vampire teeth... I don‘t know, it just doesn‘t seem particularly like something that someone that‘s been known for her maturity in performance should choose. But I think the music in itself is fine and Alena clearly enjoys it so if Daniil makes some changes to the choreography and Olga gives her a great costume, I think it could work fine. Something dark suits her, it‘s just how they present it. We will have to see the programs first, of course, it‘s too early to judge now. Those are just things that immediately came to my mind when I heard the choices.

SkateSkates

Medalist
Oh, I didn‘t expect news! And both programs revealed at once as well, too.

Well, I already love the choice for the FS. I think it will be great for her. I didn‘t know the music before but I think it could match her style of skating.

I‘m not too sold on the SP yet, though. I really liked the Vampire program as a exhibition, it was fun and different but it wasn‘t particularly refined, especially the costume. Alena can make everything look good but I think it might be best if they leave out the biting of the hand and the vampire teeth... I don‘t know, it just doesn‘t seem particularly like something that someone that‘s been known for her maturity in performance should choose. But I think the music in itself is fine and Alena clearly enjoys it so if Daniil makes some changes to the choreography and Olga gives her a great costume, I think it could work fine. Something dark suits her, it‘s just how they present it. We will have to see the programs first, of course, it‘s too early to judge now. Those are just things that immediately came to my mind when I heard the choices.

Ageee with your whole post.

anna gabriela

Rinkside
I think something important to keep in mind about the SP is that this is obviously something Alena loves and has chosen herself. It’s not some random song that her coaches have thrust upon her and she has to try and connect with it. I think Alena is excited to skate this, and if she’s excited to skate it, then I am very excited to watch it because there’s nothing better than watching a skater and knowing they are enjoying every second on the ice.

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
I absolutely love the FS music choice by Dario Marianelli, stunningly beautiful and suiting for a senior debut :) about the SP, I do not like the "idea" behind it. The music I love, Muse is amazing, but the Twilight scenario behind it... I don't know. I didn't like the show version of it either but it's just a matter of personal taste I guess.

leilaraj

On the Ice
And l assume they haven’t reworked the vampire program yet. I’m sure if it’s not working as a competitive program they will change it (like they did for evgenia in the oly season).

I am glad she is expanding her artistic range, but I selfishly wanted her to do a tango again since adios noninos was such a masterpiece. My dream is for her to skate to Aranjuez as a LP but maybe next year.

Exactly my thought! Maybe they weren‘t sure wether to keep her previous short program or not and then decided let’s go with the vampire one and we’ll see how it will be received.. They will see at Challengers if it works or not

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
There have been a few vampire programs from Russia over the years so Alena's SP is in keeping with tradition, in an updated, modern and entirely age appropriate way ... costume changes are warranted -- the cape will have to go since she uses it as a prop in the EX.. red and black colors are stunning.. her dress should be wonderful with a few refinements, the black tights in a lighter weight material, the satin looks a bit heavy... more intricate complex choreography will no doubt surface. Love the program and cannot wait to see it in competition
The LP music is beautiful .. her program choices are well balanced this year.

SkateSkates

Medalist
There have been a few vampire programs from Russia over the years so Alena's SP is in keeping with tradition, in an updated, modern and entirely age appropriate way ... costume changes are warranted -- the cape will have to go since she uses it as a prop in the EX.. red and black colors are stunning.. her dress should be wonderful with a few refinements, the black tights in a lighter weight material, the satin looks a bit heavy... more intricate complex choreography will no doubt surface. Love the program and cannot wait to see it in competition
The LP music is beautiful .. her program choices are well balanced this year.

I really hope we are able to see the SP version of her vampire program at DOI in June! I guess she made a good impression on Eteri/Daniil when she performed at the show, because at that time she gave an interview that said her LP music was decided on but they weren’t sure about the SP yet. At first I was a bit let down from the choice because I wanted to see something new from Alena, but hopefully this means she will get another new EX for next season.

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
I really hope we are able to see the SP version of her vampire program at DOI in June! I guess she made a good impression on Eteri/Daniil when she performed at the show, because at that time she gave an interview that said her LP music was decided on but they weren’t sure about the SP yet. At first I was a bit let down from the choice because I wanted to see something new from Alena, but hopefully this means she will get another new EX for next season.

Yes... fingers crossed for an entirely new EX. Care to speculate what it might be? :biggrin: maybe she will provide a hint before long but I hope not really... I like a good surprise!

SkateSkates

Medalist
Yes... fingers crossed for an entirely new EX. Care to speculate what it might be? :biggrin: maybe she will provide a hint before long but I hope not really... I like a good surprise!

Well I am all for her continuing to expand her artistic range so any new ex program is good in my book! This off season feels so long. I hope Daniil will post short clips of their opening movements again this year so we will at least have something to hold us until September.

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
Well I am all for her continuing to expand her artistic range so any new ex program is good in my book! This off season feels so long. I hope Daniil will post short clips of their opening movements again this year so we will at least have something to hold us until September.

I am sure we will get news as off-season progresses.... and, it has just started!:drama: but one good thing about off-season is the news, fluff, and great GS topics to discuss... I admire Alena' s skating so much.. kind of scary and wonderful so much beauty of expression comes from someone so young

Batsuchan

Medalist
I agree with many of you about Alyona's music choices for next season! :yes: The LP music sounds like it will be perfect for her elegant style :luv17:, but I'm not sure about using "Twilight" for her SP. I did love the program as an exhibition, and I definitely wanted Alyona to have something "aggressive," but I'm not sure this was the best choice for her senior debut...

If Alyona gets her triple axel back and it's consistent, then I think that it wouldn't matter what her SP music is--the judges will reward her no matter what. But without a 3A, I think she needs to really rely on having very-appealing programs to stay even close to competitive with the quadsters. And I'm not so sure the judges will reward a "Twilight" program... :unsure:

BUT, clearly the program will need to be completely reworked, and I will *happily* eat my words if Daniil/Eteri manage to come up with some kind of masterpiece. :yes: And clearly Alyona loves this music, so that definitely will help too. I should point out that I am also a big Elena Radionova fan, and it amuses me that both Alyona and Elena had their "acting out my teenage movie dream" programs. For Elena, it was "Titanic," and for Alyona, it's "Twilight." :biggrin:

As for the EX - I would love for Alyona to have a brand-new EX!! :agree: But I suspect they might just have her skate her Angel SP as her EX...

Really hope we get to see her new SP at Dreams on Ice!!

Batsuchan

Medalist
Pic of Alyona with friends:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxjyd_ooZhh/
Her hair has gotten really long! :eek:

Also, on that post of Alyona and her brother playing tennis, there was a funny exchange in the comments:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxXDiAdnAbW/

[From GoogleTranslate]:
dariaasergeeva2004:
As he grew up .... straight handsome

alena_oficialnew
@ dariaasergeeva2004 As my great brother says, all the girls will be mine
:laugh2:

Somehow I feel like both Alyona and her brother are going to grow up to be heartbreakers... :drama: :laugh: :biggrin: