Alena Kostornaia | Page 219 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

McBibus

On the Ice
I needed a pair of minutes to realize I met the man from the english video some time ago, but I would not recognize him if he would not say he's italian :biggrin:
He's a great rolle skater btw.

McBibus

On the Ice
I really needed some good Aliona's Feed. :love:
It's embarassing to admit (so be kind to me) but a pair of days ago I was watching a movie and there was a scene in a market in Moscow.
I realized I was not payig attention to the main characters and the dialogues because I was unconsciously scanning the crowd searching for Aliona, like it was a real feed from Moscow and she could be there :drama::eek::

It must be the spell I was talking about last week with Batsuchan :laugh:

McBibus

On the Ice
This is heavily paraphrased but that was the essence of it and I found it to be a very wise thing to say. It‘s definitely true and it‘s these days that we learn to appreciate how good our lives had been, really.

It's true and this days I feel grateful for many thing I always considered for granted.

patee

On the Ice
Country
Hungary
Yes, I noticed that she was wearing Guess again too! :biggrin:

To me she looks much more well-rested than she did during the season, when it seemed like the bags under her eyes were really huge. :eek:

The English translation of her live stream is in the comments of the last two posts below that Fluture shared. :agree:

I'm glad to see that Aliona is mostly keeping a positive attitude despite being stuck at home! :agree:

I thought it was interesting that she said she has to limit how much she eats this time because she's not training. I wonder if that means she doesn't usually have to limit herself much--if so, that's great to hear.

I guess she has gone back to wanting to be a neurosurgeon (instead of a sports journalist), but at least she will take an academic leave first so she can continue skating. :agree:

I'm looking forward to seeing more videos from our darling vampire angel! :hap57:

ETA Forgot to mention that Aliona really does seem to be more fluent in English than early in the season, but I also suspect that's because she gets nervous for the official interviews. :yes:

Oh, I didn't realize it had already been translated! Thank you for letting me know! :)

Batsuchan

Medalist
Can you believe we got another video today? https://www.instagram.com/p/B-pbF9hoOKq/?igshid=1ekpwhk7x0jc2

Not sure what she says after hello, but we get to see an off ice double axel.

Yes, I feel like we are going to be spoiled by lots of new content when Aliona is stuck at home, and then it will be especially painful when she goes back to posting extremely infrequently. :drama:

I feel like her hair has gotten quite long! :eek: The ponytails are adorable. :luv17:

Thanks for the translation flanker! :thank:

Batsuchan

Medalist
It's too bad that Aliona is allergic to some types of cosmetics...I had been hoping she'd get a makeup endorsement contract, but I guess this means she'd have to be very picky about what she could advertise... :yes:

Separately, I noticed that she evaded the question about having a boyfriend. :biggrin: Surely it's none of my business (but I am a nosy fan!), but her refusal to answer makes me think that she does... :unsure: :laugh: If not, I think she would've answered like Sasha did in her recent interview--"I don't have time for dating." ;) But yes, Aliona's entitled to her privacy! :agree:

SkateSkates

Medalist
It's too bad that Aliona is allergic to some types of cosmetics...I had been hoping she'd get a makeup endorsement contract, but I guess this means she'd have to be very picky about what she could advertise... :yes:

Separately, I noticed that she evaded the question about having a boyfriend. :biggrin: Surely it's none of my business (but I am a nosy fan!), but her refusal to answer makes me think that she does... :unsure: :laugh: If not, I think she would've answered like Sasha did in her recent interview--"I don't have time for dating." ;) But yes, Aliona's entitled to her privacy! :agree:

It’s a perfect opportunity for a hypo-allergenic brand to work with Aliona and have her be a genuine spokesperson :) we can hope!

patee

On the Ice
Country
Hungary

One of the few things I understood in Russian was that when she refused answering a question saying it's too personal and I was sure the question was about having a boyfriend... :) Well, I think refusing to answer this question in itself doesn't necessarily mean she has one, it's just that she doesn't want to share anything about it, because she wants to keep this part of her life to herself. (And it's totally fine I think.) To be honest, I think she's still very young (OK, I know we live in the 21st century) :biggrin: and as an elite athlete, she has the same lifestyle as Alexandra, so I don't think she has time for dating either. But of course, we can't know... Either way, the most important thing for Aliona is to be happy with or without a boyfriend. :)

As for a make up endorsement contract, I can't imagine none of the major beauty companies have spotted her breathtaking beauty yet, so I really hope that soon we will see her beautiful face everywhere. :luv17: (On the other hand, I wonder if she thinks that's the path of hers, I mean if she still persues her dream of becoming a neurosurgeon, I don't think she wants to be engaged in the beauty industry. We'll see...)

Fried

Final Flight
Jutta Müller once confronted Gaby Seyfert with the decision: love or Olympic gold. Gaby chose love. Even if it sounds tough, I think Jutta Müller knew what she was talking about.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker

I'm not sure which ones she is allergic to, but brands like Dermalogica came to mind, or perfume brands (plus they have massive campaigns :luv17:). I think those could suit her very well.

macy

Record Breaker
I'm not sure which ones she is allergic to, but brands like Dermalogica came to mind, or perfume brands (plus they have massive campaigns :luv17:). I think those could suit her very well.

ooohhhhh i think a fragrance brand would be absolutely lovely for her! think of all the dreamy ads :love:

LuffyJackson

Rinkside
I asked about her pets and new programs and she answered me :hap93:

i typed in english so i understand she's fluent in written english, maybe more international exposure will help Aliona speaks more confidently!

SkateSkates

Medalist
More clips of Aliona’s training (and Anna/Sasha too!) from 1tv

https://youtu.be/ivoEKV4jGro

We even get to see her studying a bit and practicing to be a future doctor :)

I see she has a treadmill at home, which is good and means she doesn’t have to go outside to run (are they even allowed to go outside to run in Moscow? I’m not sure)

McBibus

On the Ice
More clips of Aliona’s training (and Anna/Sasha too!) from 1tv

https://youtu.be/ivoEKV4jGro

We even get to see her studying a bit and practicing to be a future doctor :)

I see she has a treadmill at home, which is good and means she doesn’t have to go outside to run (are they even allowed to go outside to run in Moscow? I’m not sure)

everytime I think I'm ready to see a close up of her, but everytime her eyes blew me away :luv17: