Alena Kostornaia | Page 238 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Where‘s that livestream originally from? I didn‘t find it on the angelsofplushenko site. :scratch2:

Also, I see she‘s training in Volkov‘s group as was said yesterday. But is Rozanov there, too? He better be or else I‘m worried.
They deleted the livestream that is why you cannot find it.

SkateSkates

Medalist
Well my conspiracy about Plushenko only accepting blondes was right. Looks like Aliona not only cut her hair but maybe got some highlights too 😀

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
Where‘s that livestream originally from? I didn‘t find it on the angelsofplushenko site. :scratch2:

Also, I see she‘s training in Volkov‘s group as was said yesterday. But is Rozanov there, too? He better be or else I‘m worried.

I can't remember for sure where I heard this, but I remember someone mentioning that Alyona would skate at the same time as Volkov's group coached by Rozanov, while Sasha would skate during a different session with the implication being that they want to keep them apart.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Yes, Plushenko‘s actions are just as bad. He directly hurt Aliona with that comment about her disliking her programs as people now call her a “two-faced liar“ and whatnot. Did he not realise or care about that? It’s plain unprofessional to criticize another coaching team’s work so harshly. But if he absolutely had to do that - wasn’t it enough to express his own dislike of Daniil‘s choreography? Did he have to rub it in that “Aliona dislikes them too and told me so“? If it’s even true, it’s AGAIN, a private conversation that‘s been exposed to the public.

I realise I‘m ranting but it just makes me so sad/angry that these young people in the most difficult phase of their life/career have no one on their coaching team (old or new) they can trust with their feelings for fear they‘ll eventually be used against them.

Great point about plushenko. Not only did he say that about aliona but he also said she did not deserve the best newcomer award I find it odd that she would want to go to him while leaving a coach that made her great. The Plushenko promises must have been big. For me the bottom line is I want to see a Leona skate and smile like she does so wonderfully. For that to happen the Federation is going to have to bend some rules to get her skating and competitions for plushenko this season.

ali0125

On the Ice
Country
Australia
Great point about plushenko. Not only did he say that about aliona but he also said she did not deserve the best newcomer award I find it odd that she would want to go to him while leaving a coach that made her great. The Plushenko promises must have been big. For me the bottom line is I want to see a Leona skate and smile like she does so wonderfully. For that to happen the Federation is going to have to bend some rules to get her skating and competitions for plushenko this season.

Talk is cheap and obviously it's more about hot Sergei. Both Aliona and Sasha are very smart and talented girls, they know which boss to follow. Let's wait and see.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
I can't remember for sure where I heard this, but I remember someone mentioning that Alyona would skate at the same time as Volkov's group coached by Rozanov, while Sasha would skate during a different session with the implication being that they want to keep them apart.
Yes. But this does not necessarily imply it's a permanent arrangement. Plushenko/Rozanov already have two groups for ice training (younger and older), it's unlikely they'll permanently create a third group consisting of just Alyona.

McBibus

On the Ice

His words about the award made me think that he would know nothing about Aliona joining at that moment.
I did not read any against Aliona in it. It was just trying to push his skater (Sasha).
That he did not find I way with words to do that without complimenting the winner at the same time was low class or poor PR

Scott512

Record Breaker
Talk is cheap and obviously it's more about hot Sergei. Both Aliona and Sasha are very smart and talented girls, they know which boss to follow. Let's wait and see.
Hopefully it is Young Sergei. If he makes Alena feel more confident so be it.. No skating for months due to the pandemic may have cost her lose her triple axel and her confidence. If she thinks young Sergei can help her get everything back so be it. I hope it works. I just want to see her skating well and smiling again.
His words about the award made me think that he would know nothing about Aliona joining at that moment.
I did not read any against Aliona in it. It was just trying to push his skater (Sasha).
That he did not find I way with words to do that without complimenting the winner at the same time was low class or poor PR
It was very low class of Plushenko as you pointed out and that ticked me off. Aliona deserved that award. And his position as an icon of the sport and a legend in Russia plushenko should have said I wanted Sasha to win and I thought she should have won but Aliona was a deserving winner and had a great debut season. I don't know why all this drama and gossip happens with the Russian ladies the way it does not with the American ladies or Canadian ladies or Japanese ladies from what I know.

Hopefully coach Rozanov can help Alena regain her 3A and confidence and momentum.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Plushenko is someone who can (more or less) go head to head with Eteri. Their feud started before Sasha even left. How much of a good thing this mudslinging is is another matter. But it is also possible that girls/their families may be happy on some level that they have a coach who will defend them instead of trying to be above it all - that just doesn't work. Now it has got to the point of fans starting a change.org petition to protect Eteri (yes, like she can't look after herself), and there are cries to forbid skaters from leaving Eteri's group until they are 18 (needless to say there would be no such limits on joining it). The amount of crazies out there is staggering and they all currently want to tear Alyona apart.

Deripashka

On the Ice
Guys I wasnt here for some time and now Im just wondering whats going on about Aliona. Can you make some quick recap for me of what happend?

icybear

Medalist
Guys I wasnt here for some time and now Im just wondering whats going on about Aliona. Can you make some quick recap for me of what happend?

Alena left Eteri for Plushenko a few days ago. Eteri posted on instagram that Alena left because she had a list of skaters she didnt want to skate with. She also said the transfer was made in May. Meanwhile Plushenko said that Alena only contacted him 2 weeks ago. He also said that Alena will get 2 new programs and called the Lovely program from Daniil G awful. Daniil G said that Alena started training badly in mid-July and started talking back. One day she waited in the corridor for them and told them she didnt want to train with them anymore.

McBibus

On the Ice
Now it has got to the point of fans starting a change.org petition to protect Eteri (yes, like she can't look after herself), and there are cries to forbid skaters from leaving Eteri's group until they are 18 (needless to say there would be no such limits on joining it). The amount of crazies out there is staggering and they all currently want to tear Alyona apart.

What worries about those idea it that they got it backward.
It's an individual sport not a school competition.
Coaches are there to support and grown the skater not the other way around.
Their work must be respected of course, but when a relation is broken is right for the skater to try and work with another coach.
There is not reason to force people who not believe in each other anymore to work togheter.

Anyway those people saying skater should not leave should also be againt eteri kicking someone out of her academy right?
Or again the school is all and the skaters are just byproducts?

Fluture

Record Breaker
Reading Plushenko‘s most recent interview, I‘m pretty nervous about the season. He‘s said multiple times now that they‘re ”starting from scratch“ and that Aliona “hasn‘t skated for a long time“. This makes it sound as if she’ll have to completely re-learn her triples again which doesn‘t bode well, considering that test skates start in a month and the programs haven‘t been choreographed yet! I‘m not even talking about the 3A, which I think we can be pretty sure won‘t be ready by test skates. But just her general state and shape, physical as well as mental. I hope she won‘t be too affected by the drama but it‘s certainly good that she feels the love of her fans and has recently felt safe enough to turn on the comments again!

I think we‘ll have to prepare for a tough season ahead, regardless though. Coaching changes are never easy and Aliona is starting very late. However, if there‘s a season for all that to happen, it‘s now. She‘s had a brilliant senior debut and while it would of course be helpful to keep the momentum going leading up to Beijing, it‘s better to have a bit of a slump now, rather than skate perfectly for two seasons and fall flat/burn out in the Olympic one.

For test skates, I‘m hoping for her to have her programs at least mostly finished and be able to skate with 3-3s restored.

Maybe a tentative layout could look like this?

3F+3T
2A
3Lzx

3F+3T
2A
3Lo
2A
3Lz+2Tx
3F+Eu+3Sx
3Lzx

Similar to what she had at test skates last year, just a bit simpler? I think the task is to skate cleanly at test skates, even if the technical content is a bit easier. This way she can show she‘s still there, still ready and going strong. Difficulty like more backloaded combos and the 3A should come once she‘s comfortable with her jumps and programs again. Otherwise I fear she‘d risk injury. IMO at least.

What do y‘all think, what Aliona should/can we expect at test skates?

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Reading Plushenko‘s most recent interview, I‘m pretty nervous about the season. He‘s said multiple times now that they‘re ”starting from scratch“ and that Aliona “hasn‘t skated for a long time“. This makes it sound as if she’ll have to completely re-learn her triples again which doesn‘t bode well, considering that test skates start in a month and the programs haven‘t been choreographed yet! I‘m not even talking about the 3A, which I think we can be pretty sure won‘t be ready by test skates. But just her general state and shape, physical as well as mental. I hope she won‘t be too affected by the drama but it‘s certainly good that she feels the love of her fans and has recently felt safe enough to turn on the comments again!

I think we‘ll have to prepare for a tough season ahead, regardless though. Coaching changes are never easy and Aliona is starting very late. However, if there‘s a season for all that to happen, it‘s now. She‘s had a brilliant senior debut and while it would of course be helpful to keep the momentum going leading up to Beijing, it‘s better to have a bit of a slump now, rather than skate perfectly for two seasons and fall flat/burn out in the Olympic one.

For test skates, I‘m hoping for her to have her programs at least mostly finished and be able to skate with 3-3s restored.

Maybe a tentative layout could look like this?

3F+3T
2A
3Lzx

3F+3T
2A
3Lo
2A
3Lz+2Tx
3F+Eu+3Sx
3Lzx

Similar to what she had at test skates last year, just a bit simpler? I think the task is to skate cleanly at test skates, even if the technical content is a bit easier. This way she can show she‘s still there, still ready and going strong. Difficulty like more backloaded combos and the 3A should come once she‘s comfortable with her jumps and programs again. Otherwise I fear she‘d risk injury. IMO at least.

What do y‘all think, what Aliona should/can we expect at test skates?
I mean what id a long time in fs? From the infos we have she probably hasnt skated for around 3 to 4 weeks? Like the last 2 to 3 weeks after she told eteri and daniil about the change and i think daniil said she didnt come to training for a few days which could mean from 3 days to almost a weeks( or did i get that wrong?)

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

Fluture

Record Breaker
I mean what id a long time in fs? From the infos we have she probably hasnt skated for around 3 to 4 weeks? Like the last 2 to 3 weeks after she told eteri and daniil about the change and i think daniil said she didnt come to training for a few days which could mean from 3 days to almost a weeks( or did i get that wrong?)

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

I don‘t know. Honestly, I have no idea about the time line because for me, this whole story doesn‘t add up.

But even 3-4 weeks are long for figure skaters, especially if she just went through that long difficult period of getting her jumps back after the quarantine. The good thing is that she knows how to come back after a break as she‘s done it before (remember that she was injured before last season). But I still think this is different. It‘s a lot to take in. New team, late start, having to regain jumps, learn programs.. it‘s not easy. I believe in her that she‘ll figure it out eventually. I just think we‘ll have to prepare for a tough first few months. It might not be that much of a problem given that there‘s probably not going to be much international skating in the first half of the season anyway. But I still dread the “Plushenko ruined her“ and “she should have stayed with Eteri“ comments, as usually completely disregarding the entire circumstances surrounding the situation. I hope there won‘t be too many of them but I won‘t hold my breath lol.

macy

Record Breaker
kostornaiateam on instagram shared an interview with Aliona, seems to be from around the time Novogorsk opened. here is the translation:

On the first week of the quarantine, I was pretty fine, but then I got bored. The monotony was really pressing, one day was turning to another one and they were absolutely similar. I had lessons from morning till dinner, after that I had the first training and a little break, and after that I had the second training. About 8 pm I did my homework and after that, if I have some time, I read and watched TV. I got upset that I can’t do horseback riding. I was thinking: what a pity! I never had enough time for that and now I totally can’t do it!
I trained in different styles: special program running, strength training, jumping. We took out the furniture from one of the rooms, and I jumped there. And also I did ballet bare practice and stretch. Nothing extraordinary. I tried to keep myself in usual weigh to avoid a situation when I wouldn’t be able to feet in my training closes.
Actually, I treated that quarantine very seriously. I tried to go to bed not too late because I understood, if I break my daily rhythm, it will be hard to get in it back.
The positive moment of the quarantine is that I got more time for lessons. I’m going to go to the First Medical University, and now I study with a tutor and I read specialized books. Next year I’ll take Unified State Exams. I learn biology for a long time already, but now I’m learning it from scratch for preparing to the USE in advanced program.
During the quarantine I read a book “Do No Harm” by famous British neurosurgeon Henry Marsh. It’s given me by one of my fans. She works in ambulance in Sklifosofsky Institute. That book tells about the job I dream about, neurosurgery. And also I watched “Grey’s Anatomy” to get deeper in my future occupation, so to say.
And the brightest impression of that period… Is the news about the rink opened in Novogorsk! We were told about it on Friday, and we went on the ice on Monday. Three days of waiting and finally we’re there! When I trained at home, I didn't have enough full workload to fall from fatigue

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDi6KRmoaIi/