Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: 2018 Olympic Season: Pairs Figure Skating

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadThrow View Post
    I agree with many user about the S/M's 3ATh story and their throws in general. I do not think their PCS are too high. But they could be way more ahead with another strategy.

In 2016 they should have kept on practicing the 3FTh and 3STh with focussing on an insane 4Tw4.

But Aljona will know on her own what to do. Their coach said that their 3ATh success rate during practices is 80%. I cannot believe that. But we do not know.

One more point. Aljona has never lost Gold only because of the 3ATh. She and Robin lost it 2013 because of the SBS jumps, 2014 because the the gold was for Russia and 2017 with Bruno because of small mistakes.
    Excuse me, but are you implying that Aliona and Robin were robbed in 2014 in favor of the Russians? I know that it is tempting to re-write history, and the more you repeat it, the more believable it starts to sound to you, but some of us actually remember what happened. Wait a few more years at least

Tripping on the Podium

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by eli60056 View Post
    Excuse me, but are you implying that Aliona and Robin were robbed in 2014 in favor of the Russians? I know that it is tempting to re-write history, and the more you repeat it, the more believable it starts to sound to you, but some of us actually remember what happened. Wait a few more years at least
    I still know exactly what happend in sochi and 2013/2014. S/S fell twice and lost the silver. But my point is that the Germans never had a chance for Gold. V/T got insane high marks with plenty of 10.00s for a middle-class FS. You can see that they simplified it after their unbelieveable bad skate at Europeans (which was also totally overscored). S/K showed the best skate at this night and V/M were overscored the whole season.

I have no problem with them as the Olympic Champions. But the way they got it still makes me said. Even if S/S had skated totally clean there would have never been any doubt about the Gold for V/M.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadThrow View Post
    I still know exactly what happend in sochi and 2013/2014. S/S fell twice and lost the silver. But my point is that the Germans never had a chance for Gold. V/T got insane high marks with plenty of 10.00s for a middle-class FS. You can see that they simplified it after their unbelieveable bad skate at Europeans (which was also totally overscored). S/K showed the best skate at this night and V/M were overscored the whole season.

I have no problem with them as the Olympic Champions. But the way they got it still makes me said. Even if S/S had skated totally clean there would have never been any doubt about the Gold for V/M.
    Don't you mean V/T?

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4everchan View Post
    ^^ i am not sure about PCS... I think judges only look at one partner here... and i dislike it since so many times I heard " Eric is a much better skater than Meagan" and they got penalized ... but that rule doesn't work for Bruno? I like him but not his skating... he has improved a lot but wow...

Since I am mentioning skating skills : James Cipres also have a lot to do here...

In the end, it goes unnoticed but Meagan has improved a lot.. their new SP really shows both of them as great skaters...

However, I am not a judge... I can though say that from seeing D/R already a few times live, they are uber fast and skate very well and most of the time, in perfect synch...

I believe that their improvement will not get overlooked if they stay this way At Autumn Classic I noticed better jumps, unison & connection, their SBS Triple Lutzes in SP in perfect synch are so awesome when they nail it as like they did there

Tripping on the Podium

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnalis View Post
    Don't you mean V/T?
    of course I did. sorry

Medalist

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by andromache View Post
    S/M's LP is a masterpiece. Better than last season, as there are no pretenses at over-acted romance. And sooooo much innovation!!!!!
    Who choreographed it? I saw many of what I'd considered "ice dance moves", and I like those moves a lot. I'm scared for Aliona's ankles though, that 3A was thrown with a ton of force!

God willing, S/H's LP will be re-worked into a masterpiece. Their team (unlike Mozer, apparently) is SMART. Get a new LP or re-work Turandot.
    I hope they get a new LP. Reworked or not, it's basically impossible for them to capture the magic of Shen+Zhao's 2003 Worlds FS - even if S/H has better elements or execution overall.

Maybe they can rework last season's programs instead. In fact, reuse both SP/FS. I was completely SOLD on both Blues and Bridge upon first viewing.. something I couldn't even say about Hanyu's Seimei.

T/M's LP is a joke. A beautiful, quality pair saddled with their worst program yet. But they keep getting the scores, so who cares?
    Sigh. Wish Mama Moskvina would step in and say 'Enough is enough!' and hand them a program this pair deserves. Even a 90's-era Moskvina program would be 10x better than what they have now.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7