2017-2018 Ice Network subscriptions | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Ice Network subscriptions

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Ice Network subscriptions for this season became available a little while ago.

The list of Figure Skating events "included", are below - just in case anyone ever needs to refer back to it, you know...

However...! Although the Olympics are listed... click the Event link given and it says Ice Network will not provide any video for the Olympics.

You also need to click the event links to see which ones Ice Network will stream live, in addition to providing on-demand video. As far as I can tell, all listed events are streamed live with on-demand video also provided - except for US Regional competitions, US Synchro sectional competitions and US Adult competitions (on-demand video only), and Olympics (no live streaming or on-demand video).

The information below was copied from Ice Network web site on 11th Sept 2017.

NB.
I see no mention of additional fees for any event - not on the page this list was taken from, nor on the main subscription page.

However, there is a disclaimer that "Programming is subject to availability and change" on the Blackout page.. and the following appears in the Terms of Use page:

"A. Price Modifications; Merchandise and Services Availability
Ice Network reserves the right to modify the price of any Services or any other products offered via the Ice Network Properties"

There's probably lots more stuff like that I haven't spotted, and altogether it all probably means they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, LOL... :-D

Current Season

2017 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic
Salt Lake City, Utah
Sep. 13 - Sep. 17
The 2017 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic will take place Sept. 13-17 in Salt Lake City.
View Event

2017 Novice and Junior Challenge Skate
Salt Lake City, Utah
Sep. 13 - Sep. 17
The 2017 Novice and Junior Challenge Skate will take place Sept. 13-17 in Salt Lake City.
View Event

2018 North Atlantic Regional Figure Skating Championships
Hackensack, New Jersey
Oct. 4 - Oct. 8
Skaters from the North Atlantic Region will compete Oct. 4-8 in Hackensack, New Jersey.
View Event

2018 Upper Great Lakes Regional Figure Skating Championships
Blaine, Minnesota
Oct. 4 - Oct. 8
Skaters from the Upper Great Lakes Region will compete Oct. 4-8 in Blaine, Minnesota.
View Event

2018 Northwest Pacific Regional Figure Skating Championships
Eugene, Oregon
Oct. 11 - Oct. 15
Skaters from the Northwest Pacific Region will compete Oct. 11-15 in Eugene, Oregon.
View Event

2018 South Atlantic Regional Figure Skating Championships
Aston, Pennsylvania
Oct. 11 - Oct. 15
Skaters from the South Atlantic Region will compete Oct. 11-15 in Aston, Pennsylvania.
View Event

2018 Southwestern Regional Figure Skating Championships
Fort Collins, Colorado
Oct. 11 - Oct. 15
Skaters from the Southwestern Region will compete Oct. 11-15 in Fort Collins, Colorado.
View Event

2018 Southwest Pacific Regional Figure Skating Championships
Ontario, California
Oct. 11 - Oct. 15
Skaters from the Southwest Pacific Region will compete Oct. 11-15 in Ontario, California.
View Event

2018 New England Regional Figure Skating Championships
Westborough, Massachusetts
Oct. 18 - Oct. 22
Skaters from the New England Region will compete Oct. 18-22 in Westborough, Massachusetts.
View Event

2018 Eastern Great Lakes Regional Figure Skating Championships
Antioch, Tennessee
Oct. 18 - Oct. 22
Skaters from the Eastern Great Lakes Region will compete Oct. 18-22 in Antioch, Tennessee.
View Event

2018 Central Pacific Regional Figure Skating Championships
Salt Lake City, Utah
Oct. 18 - Oct. 22
Skaters from the Central Pacific Region will compete Oct. 18-22 in Salt Lake City, Utah.
View Event

2017 Rostelecom Cup
Moscow, Russia
Oct. 20 - Oct. 22
The Rostelecom Cup, the first stop in the 2017 Grand Prix Series, will be held Oct. 20-22 in Moscow.
View Event

2017 Skate Canada
Regina, Saskatchewan
Oct. 27 - Oct. 29
Skate Canada, the second stop in the 2017 Grand Prix Series, will be held Oct. 27-29 in Regina, Saskatchewan.
View Event

2017 Cup of China
Beijing, China
Nov. 3 - Nov. 5
Cup of China, the third stop in the 2017 Grand Prix Series, will be held Nov. 3-5 in Beijing.
View Event

2017 NHK Trophy
Osaka, Japan
Nov. 10 - Nov. 12
The NHK Trophy, the fourth stop in the 2017 Grand Prix Series, will be held Nov. 10-12 in Osaka, Japan.
View Event

2018 Eastern Sectional Figure Skating Championships
Boxborough, Massachusetts
Nov. 15 - Nov. 19
Skaters from the Eastern Section will compete Nov. 15-19 in Boxborough, Massachusetts, to try to earn a spot in the 2018 U.S. Figure Skating Championships.
View Event

2018 Midwestern Sectional Figure Skating Championships
Bloomington, Minnesota
Nov. 15 - Nov. 19
Skaters from the Midwestern Section will compete Nov. 15-19 in Bloomington, Minnesota, to try to earn a spot in the 2018 U.S. Figure Skating Championships.
View Event

2018 Pacific Coast Sectional Figure Skating Championships
Spokane, Washington
Nov. 15 - Nov. 19
Skaters from the Pacific Coast Section will compete Nov. 15-19 in Spokane, Washington, to try to earn a spot in the 2018 U.S. Figure Skating Championships.
View Event

2017 Internationaux de France
Grenoble, France
Nov. 17 - Nov. 19
Internationaux de France, the fifth stop in the 2017 Grand Prix Series, will be held Nov. 17-19 in Grenoble, France.
View Event

2017 Skate America
Lake Placid, New York
Nov. 24 - Nov. 26
Skate America, the sixth stop in the 2017 Grand Prix Series, takes place Nov. 24-26 in Lake Placid, New York.
View Event

2017 Grand Prix Final
Nagoya, Japan
Dec. 7 - Dec. 10
The top point-earners from the 2017 Grand Prix Series will compete Dec. 7-10 at the Grand Prix Final in Nagoya, Japan.
View Event

2017 Junior Grand Prix Final
Nagoya, Japan
Dec. 7 - Dec. 10
The 2017 Junior Grand Prix Final will be held Dec. 7-10 in Nagoya, Japan.
View Event

2018 Prudential U.S. Figure Skating Championships
San Jose, California
Dec. 29 - Jan. 7
The 2018 U.S. Figure Skating Championships will take place Dec. 29-Jan. 7 in San Jose, California.
View Event

2018 European Figure Skating Championships
Moscow, Russia
Jan. 15 - Jan. 21
The 2018 European Figure Skating Championships will take place Jan. 15-21 in Moscow.
View Event

2018 Eastern Synchronized Skating Sectional Championships
Fort Myers, Florida
Jan. 17 - Jan. 21
The best synchronized skating teams in the Eastern Region will compete Jan. 17-21 in Fort Myers, Florida, to try to earn spots in the 2018 U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships.
View Event

2018 Four Continents Figure Skating Championships
Taipei City, Taipei
Jan. 22 - Jan. 27
The best skaters from the Americas, Asia, Africa and Oceania will compete Jan. 22-27 in Taipei City at the 2018 Four Continents Figure Skating Championships.
View Event

2018 Midwestern Synchronized Skating Sectional Championships
Wichita, Kansas
Jan. 24 - Jan. 28
The best synchronized skating teams in the Midwestern Region will compete Jan. 24-28 in Wichita, Kansas, to try to earn spots in the 2018 U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships.
View Event

2018 Pacific Coast Synchronized Skating Sectional Championships
Wichita, Kansas
Jan. 24 - Jan. 28
The best synchronized skating teams in the Pacific Coast Region will compete Jan. 24-28 in Wichita, Kansas, to try to earn spots in the 2018 U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships.
View Event

2018 Olympic Winter Games
PyeongChang, Republic of Korea
Feb. 9 - Feb. 25
Athletes from around the globe will gather Feb. 9-25 in PyeongChang, Republic of Korea, to compete in the 2018 Olympic Winter Games.
View Event

2018 U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships
Portland, Oregon
Feb. 22 - Feb. 24
The 2018 U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships will take place Feb. 22-24 in Portland, Oregon.
View Event

2018 World Junior Figure Skating Championships
Sofia, Bulgaria
Mar. 5 - Mar. 11
The best junior skaters in the world will compete March 5-11 in Sofia, Bulgaria, at the 2018 World Junior Figure Skating Championships.
View Event

2018 Eastern Adult Sectional Championships
Ardmore, Pennsylvania
Mar. 9 - Mar. 11
Adult skaters from the Eastern Section will compete March 9-11 in Ardmore, Pennsylvania, to try to earn spots in the 2018 U.S. Adult Figure Skating Championships.
View Event

2018 Midwestern Adult Sectional Championships
Rochester, Michigan
Mar. 9 - Mar. 11
Adult skaters from the Midwestern Section will compete March 9-11 in Rochester, Michigan, to try to earn spots in the 2018 U.S. Adult Figure Skating Championships.
View Event

2018 Pacific Coast Adult Sectional Championships
Pasadena, California
Mar. 9 - Mar. 11
Adult skaters from the Pacific Coast Section will compete March 9-11 in Pasadena, California, to try to earn spots in the 2018 U.S. Adult Figure Skating Championships.
View Event

2018 World Figure Skating Championships
Milan, Italy
Mar. 19 - Mar. 25
The best figure skaters in the world will compete March 19-25 in Milan, Italy, at the 2018 World Figure Skating Championships.
View Event

2018 World Synchronized Skating Championships
Stockholm, Sweden
Apr. 6 - Apr. 7
The top synchronized skating teams in the world will compete April 6-7 at the 2018 World Synchronized Skating Championships.
View Event

2018 U.S. Adult Figure Skating Championships
Hyannis, Massachusetts
Apr. 10 - Apr. 14
The top adult skaters in the country will compete April 10-14 at the 2018 U.S. Adult Figure Skating Championships in Hyannis, Massachusetts.
View Event

2018 Team Challenge Cup
TBD, TBD
Apr. 13 - Apr. 15
The 2018 Team Challenge Cup will take place April 13-15.
View Event

Vanshilar

On the Ice
Actually, the page says that Ice Network will NOT provide video of the Olympic games. They'll certain have pages dedicated to it and stuff, but not videos of the actual events.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Ice Network subscriptions for this season became available a little while ago.

The list of Figure Skating events included, are below and include the Olympics this season... just in case anyone ever needs to refer back to it, you know...

Actually, the page says that Ice Network will NOT provide video of the Olympic games. They'll certain have pages dedicated to it and stuff, but not videos of the actual events.

In agreement with Vanshilar, a CAVEAT: Do not be fooled re the Olympics.

Per the IN event page:

"Note: Icenetwork will not provide video of the 2018 Olympic Winter Games."

http://www.icenetwork.com/schedule/2018/02/2018_olympic_games

That notation has been on the page for at least a couple of days (and IMO, probably has been there ever since the page first was published).
I do not remember exactly how many days ago I previously looked at the 2018 OWG event page, but the notation already was there.

YesWay, I really hope that you will edit your OP accordingly so people do not get confused.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Really? Where does it say that? I don't see that on the subscription page, or on the list of events?

I just clicked the link on the subscription page, under "includes:", that says "For a complete list of events click here"... which implies that whatever is on that list, is also included. And the Olympics is shown on that list - which is highly misleading if they are not actually included...!

Edit: OK I got it, click on the event link given in the list and it says it there.

That's hilarious. So we have to click through to every event in the list to check if video will be available on Ice Network! LOL ^_^

I will update OP...!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Really? Where does it say that? I don't see that on the subscription page, or on the list of events?

I just clicked the link on the subscription page, under "includes:", that says "For a complete list of events click here"... which implies that whatever is on that list, is also included. And the Olympics is shown on that list - which is highly misleading if they are not actually included...!

Pleeeeease ... click on the link in my post above.

I just do not want your OP to be misleading.

andromache

Record Breaker
My IN subscription auto-renewed. At this point I'm too lazy to cancel it, and it's nice to watch at work when I don't want to go to any sketchy websites.

Zero surprise that IN won't cover Olympics. IN doesn't cover anything that get broadcast live or close enough to live on NBC, and figure skating will be broadcast live during the Olympics. Even if, say, the pairs SP isn't broadcast live on NBC, it'll be live on NBC Sports online (exactly how I watched the Olympics 4 years ago).

Even if IN WAS allowed to cover the Olympics, you can bet they'd be charging an extra $100 for it.

SkaterX

On the Ice
Two things:

1. If you are a USFSA member and Icenetwork automatically charged you the full $49.99 you can email them with your USFSA member # to get the 50% discount applied retroactively.

2. Screw NBC and their crappy Olympic figure skating coverage. I remember having such a hard time finding the videos and getting them to play smoothly on their app.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
OK, I edited the OP to be clear that Ice Network, does not provide Olympics coverage with standard subscription!

alyssamarie

On the Ice
Country
United-States
In order to get the USFSA subscriber discount, you need to send them a direct message on twitter with your name, club, and usfsa number in order to get the discount

Vanshilar

On the Ice
In order to get the USFSA subscriber discount, you need to send them a direct message on twitter with your name, club, and usfsa number in order to get the discount

You can also call them up directly, which is what I did. No line or anything, I just gave my name and member number, and they gave me a code over the phone.