Past program x current figure skaters | Golden Skate

Past program x current figure skaters

lappo

Final Flight
Ok, this is my way to cope with S/H new LP, that I suppose is a tribute to S/Z masterpiece gone :palmf: While I light candles to the skating gods in the hope that Lori Nichol will change the music cuts and redo a choreography that suits skaters of their caliber, I ask you all...imagine that current figure skaters can do a tribute to past athletes (or even present competitors), which programs would you like to see and done by who? :)

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I want to see someone skate to Kwan's "The Miraculous Mandarin". It could have been a good fit for Yuna Kim or Ashley Wagner. Anna Pogorilaya or Elena Radionova can maybe take it on.

pearly

Record Breaker
Yuzuru doing Yagudin's Gladiator 2002 FS.

Do you mean Sui/Han's Turandot? Why don't you like it? (I haven't watched it properly yet.)

lappo

Final Flight
Yuzuru doing Yagudin's Gladiator 2002 FS.

Do you mean Sui/Han's Turandot? Why don't you like it? (I haven't watched it properly yet.)

Ok, seems we have the same idea because Gladiator is my favourite Yags program and Yuzuru could be the one to do it justice, currently.
The thing that I like less in S/H program are the music cuts, they really do have to adjust them to be smoother IMO, and the use of lyrics...Turandot is already a superpowerful music and it doesn't need Pavarotti's voice to be enhanced, it's quite distracting from the skating (as an Italian I never thought there would be a day I would have advocate for the removal of one of our finest singer from an Olympic moment, but I really don't like it). The program is in its early stages so I'm fully convinced that they will be able to produce a masterpiece, in true S/H style. But sincerely, as much as I understand the tribute and I wouldn't have minded it in an "ordinary" year, I wish that they had chosen a totally different music, so that they could have an epic Olympic moment without being compared to S/Z (which is inevitable, IMO).
As for the Kween "Miraculous Mandarin" it would be great to see it again, since it was truly a beautiful piece of skating and completely misunderstood at the time.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I'd like to see Anna Pogorilaya skate Maria Butyrskaya's 1999 LP "Otonal" Anna has always reminded of Maria and with a few updates to make it fit the new scoring system, I think it would still be a winner.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I think Patrick Chan could do a great job with Kurt Browning's Casablanca LP.

pearly

Record Breaker
The program is in its early stages so I'm fully convinced that they will be able to produce a masterpiece, in true S/H style.

Who are S/Z and what year is this? Sorry, I kind of got back into figure skating in 2014 and don't watch pairs that much.

I'm guessing Shen/Zhao, early 2000's?