Jump bonus limits? | Golden Skate

Jump bonus limits?

fredtx121

On the Ice
Do you think there should be a limit on how many jumps a skater can put in their program during the bonus time? I know it's all about trying to accumulate as many points as you can and back loading the program with jumps after the time bonus, but I feel this takes away some of the choreography for the entire program. When I watch a skater backload a program, it seems like the choreography is just in the beginning and then at the end it's just going from one end of the rink to the other doing jumps. Sometimes I think when watching the first part of a skater's program that a jump would be perfect at that point of the music, but it is not put in because the skater is saving their jumps for the end.
I feel there should be a limit on how many jumps can receive the bonus. If the skater wants to get more points, they would put their hardest jumps towards the end after the bonus time.
I also think the bonus should be taken out of the SP all together. Thoughts?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Nope. If they can do it, they can do it. If you can't do it, find the points in other ways.

I still maintain we would not be having this conversation anywhere near as much if this trend was in the US or the Canadian ladies or pretty well anyone except the Russian ladies.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
how many threads we are going to have on this subject?

The Russian ladies can do it well and the ladies from the other countries can't.

So probably about ten more threads at least, all calling for it to be banned and how terrible it is.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
The Russian ladies can do it well and the ladies from the other countries can't.

So probably about ten more threads at least, all calling for it to be banned and how terrible it is.

Add Tanos and Rippons to that.

To the ladies (and their fans) of other countries, don't get mad - get better.

There shouldn't be anything stifling skaters from trying to challenge the technical limits as much as possible. But if it ends up compromising the structure or delivery of a program (like, to me, 7 backloaded jumps is an unbalanced program and should be reflected in the CH mark) then that's another thing.