2018 PyeongChang Olympics Schedule | Golden Skate

2018 PyeongChang Olympics Schedule

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Already posted this in another thread, but thought it should have it's own dedicated thread as well.

The schedule for was announced today:

https://www.pyeongchang2018.com/en/schedule

Curling and the Qualifying for the Ski Jumping Men's Normal Hill competition kicking things off on the 8[SUP]th[/SUP], while the Opening Cermony and the first of the Figure Skating competitions (Men's SP and Pairs SP for the Team Event) being held on the 9[SUP]th[/SUP].

Here is where I first saw about the schedule being announced:

http://iceskatingworld.com/2018-winter-games-2018-pyeonchang-games-unveils-schedule/

Apparently, the ticket sales aren't going well because of this business in North Korea, so the organisers have released the schedule to try to whip up interest.

It'll be interesting to see how things progress.

CaroLiza_fan

lady_bee

Medalist
All of the FS competitions are scheduled between 10:00 to 14:00:think:
Is it unusual? I wonder how that affects skaters' performance, good or bad?

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
All of the FS competitions are scheduled between 10:00 to 14:00:think:
Is it unusual? I wonder how that affects skaters' performance, good or bad?
Yup, it's because NBC demanded it, so that it airs primetime (the evening before) in the USA.

(FYI the figure skating times /dates have been known for how long already? A year, maybe even more, I think. I didn't realize the schedule wasn't official yet!)

tennisguy

Rinkside
Yup, it's because NBC demanded it, so that it airs primetime (the evening before) in the USA.

(FYI the figure skating times /dates have been known for how long already? A year, maybe even more, I think. I didn't realize the schedule wasn't official yet!)

I had added all the figure skating events to my calendar on my phone months ago - as was posted before - I think there trying to drive ticket sales by bringing more attention to a finalized schedule.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
David Molina posted a tentative (!), draft (!), not final (!) Coloured Time Schedule for Olympic figure skating.

The images are too small to read the writing properly, but regardless - if you look at the full size images at 100% (first, second) you can still see the times that stuff is happening (including practices), from the colours/shapes of the blocks and the time scales at the sides which are just about legible...