If You Could Invite 2 Skaters To Dinner?? | Golden Skate

If You Could Invite 2 Skaters To Dinner??

mrrice

Record Breaker
I just saw this question on the Tennis Channel and the answers from the players and fans were great. So I thought I would ask the same questions of figure skating fans. If you could invite 2 skaters to dinner, who would you invite.

It's a very tough choice but, I would definitely have Maria Butyrskaya as there a thousand things I'd love to discuss with her.

I think I'd have Patrick Chan over as well. He's so smart and he's had such a big career that I think I could listen to stories about his life for hours.

For Dessert........Plushy ..;):devil:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Kurt Browning and Scott Hamilton. The two best of all time IMO. Plus they're hilarious.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I wouldn't recommend it. Because your may end up immensely disappointed if it does not turn out as well as you imagined.

Picture the scene. Skater at one end of the table, you at the other. But the skater's parent and coach are sitting in between, and they spend the whole time talking to each other. You and skater are both bored, but because you are at opposite ends of the table with people in between, you can't even talk to each other. So, skater futters on their phone, while you sit there feeling really out of place.

Yes, I'm speaking from experience.

CaroLiza_fan

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I wouldn't recommend it. Because your may end up immensely disappointed if it does not turn out as well as you imagined.

Picture the scene. Skater at one end of the table, you at the other. But the skater's parent and coach are sitting in between, and they spend the whole time talking to each other. You and skater are both bored, but because you are at opposite ends of the table with people in between, you can't even talk to each other. So, skater futters on their phone, while you sit there feeling really out of place.

Yes, I'm speaking from experience.

CaroLiza_fan

LOL but parents wouldn't be invited in my case... i am inviting grown ups ;) and Marina Z can stay home too ;) LOL no coaches

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
LOL but parents wouldn't be invited in my case... i am inviting grown ups ;) and Marina Z can stay home too ;) LOL no coaches

The problem was that I didn't have any say in the matter, because it was the parent that invited me to eat with them.

But, I'll know better in future. :agree:

Anyway, back to the fun nature of this thread.

If it was a romantic meal, well, there are too many skaters that I would like to invite for me to be able to choose just two! :drama: But, there again, a romantic meal with 2 skaters might turn out complicated... :p :devil:

So, I think I would invite my World Champion children instead. Anna and Martin seem like great kids, and it would be fun to spend some time with them and get to know them.

CaroLiza_fan

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
The problem was that I didn't have any say in the matter, because it was the parent that invited me to eat with them.

But, I'll know better in future. :agree:

Anyway, back to the fun nature of this thread.

If it was a romantic meal, well, there are too many skaters that I would like to invite for me to be able to choose just two! :drama: But, there again, a romantic meal with 2 skaters might turn out complicated... :p :devil:

So, I think I would invite my World Champion children instead. Anna and Martin seem like great kids, and it would be fun to spend some time with them and get to know them.

CaroLiza_fan

when i saw you had posted earlier today... i was simply expecting

Caro and Liza LOL

but i will never take anything for granted ever again LOL

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
when i saw you had posted earlier today... i was simply expecting

Caro and Liza LOL

but i will never take anything for granted ever again LOL

I'm a barrel of surprises, aren't I?! :laugh:

Funnily enough, those two were amongst the first names that came into my mind when I was saying that there were a lot of skaters I would like to invite if it was a romantic meal. :love: :cool:

But, as I said, two at a time would get complicated. Especially when they are team-mates... (Papa Mishin would have my guts for garters! :drama: :eek: )

So, I instead went for two skaters that I thought would be fun to hang out with.

CaroLiza_fan

MelDee

Final Flight
Gabriella and Guillaume. I think I'd pee my pants if I ever was in the same room as them.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would invite Alexei Yagudin & Evgeni Plushenko & have them tell me which is the better skater. :laugh:

Manitou

Medalist
Breakfast: Yulia and Yuzuru
Lunch: Zhenya and Elena R
Formal dinner: Gabriela and Guillaume

lanark

On the Ice
I would invite Evgenia and Yuzuru. There has been rumors she likes him a little bit maybe, so I would try to hook em up. lol
And then I would leave them alone.
Just imagine a whole family of World Champs! šŸ˜‚

lanark

On the Ice
I was obviously joking.

Taking the question more seriously now, I'd would invite Brian Orser so I could ask him what is his secret. lol
And Kwan. :)

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Breakfast: Zhenya and Alina
Lunch: Zhenya and Yuzu
Appetizers: Maia and Alex
Dinner: Zhenya and Eteri
Dessert: Sasha and Anya
Hmm, I don't think I mentioned Zhenya yet? :rofl: