If You Could Invite 2 Skaters To Dinner?? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

If You Could Invite 2 Skaters To Dinner??

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Dick Button...especially if he says where all the bodies are buried (you know he has the best dirt!).

Tamara Moskvina...not only did I find her eternally interesting, she'd keep all the other guests on their Best Behavior.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Monday - Mao Asada and Daisuke Takahashi - two absolute legends and my personal FS heroes:love:

Tuesday - Aliona Savchenko and Robin Szolkowy - still one of my favourite pairs ever, would love to see their insight on their own partnership and then compare it to their present endeavours: Aliona's next chapter in competitive career and Robin's coaching one:)

Wednesday - Yuzuru Hanyu and Javier Fernandez - two grand champions, two 'symbols' in figure skating nowadays, being in their presence alone and being able to talk with them about something would be a great privilege for me

Thursday - Maia Shibutani and Alex Shibutani - I admire their skill, being very 'sound' in social media, also very responsive from many good, educational initiatives, we could talk about many things I think and never get bored:)

Friday - Jason Brown and Grant Hochstein - definitely a treat for me in terms of simple 'pick-me-up' talk, the positivity radiating from these two is amazing and uplifting!

Saturday - Patrick Chan and Stephane Lambiel - it would be great to talk with them about their vision of figure skating, how they consider the artistry factor in it, compare how it was and how it is now

Sunday - Andrew Poje and Nikolai Sorensen :laugh: (this one is pretty obvious, #suaveoverload)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Monday - Mao Asada and Daisuke Takahashi - two absolute legends and my personal FS heroes:love:

Tuesday - Aliona Savchenko and Robin Szolkowy - still one of my favourite pairs ever, would love to see their insight on their own partnership and then compare it to their present endeavours: Aliona's next chapter in competitive career and Robin's coaching one:)

Wednesday - Yuzuru Hanyu and Javier Fernandez - two grand champions, two 'symbols' in figure skating nowadays, being in their presence alone and being able to talk with them about something would be a great privilege for me

Thursday - Maia Shibutani and Alex Shibutani - I admire their skill, being very 'sound' in social media, also very responsive from many good, educational initiatives, we could talk about many things I think and never get bored:)

Friday - Jason Brown and Grant Hochstein - definitely a treat for me in terms of simple 'pick-me-up' talk, the positivity radiating from these two is amazing and uplifting!

Saturday - Patrick Chan and Stephane Lambiel - it would be great to talk with them about their vision of figure skating, how they consider the artistry factor in it, compare how it was and how it is now

Sunday - Andrew Poje and Nikolai Sorensen :laugh: (this one is pretty obvious, #suaveoverload)

Am I the only one that started singing Craig David's "7 Days" when I read this post...?

:laugh:

Great idea, having different skaters each day. :points:

CaroLiza_fan

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Am I the only one that started singing Craig David's "7 Days" when I read this post...?

:laugh:

Great idea, having different skaters each day. :points:

CaroLiza_fan

good catch with '7 Days'!:laugh:

I know I'm stretching the concept of ONE dinner, but these are dreams after all:), and I would reserve an entire week for Ice Dancers only, just so many variety in them and different perspectives to get to know about for me.

EDIT - and Sunday's one would have probably no talking, just staring and fanning from hotness:drama::laugh:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nancy Kerrigan and Tonya Harding

:scratch2:

I think I would like to go to that one too.....good choices. At least it would be very interesting....but would it be safe....who knows!! :laugh:

Ender

Match Penalty
I would invite Evgenia and Yuzuru. There has been rumors she likes him a little bit maybe, so I would try to hook em up. lol
And then I would leave them alone.
Just imagine a whole family of World Champs! 😂
Their kid will be the first to land a 5S then, just kidding.

I would invite Tonya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan... just for the drama...

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Great Question. And easy to take lightly cause it most likely wont happen.... And our individual answers probably reflect more about ourselves than the skaters we choose......Being at the Friends of Figure Skating breakfast, the US skaters are all politeness (well, MOST of them) , on their guard,(well, MOST of them) and there was a time when I couldnt be with Maddy Hubbell or Brooke Castile without being litterally weak kneed. A reflection of me and not them. But they are all people just like us. Some are out going and there would be no need for wine to get the Shibs, for instance, into a very interesting conversation at dinner. Some, like Tanith and Meryl are more shy and close. Ben and Charlie would be very much fun to listen to, and funny. Who we would pick would be a reflection on what kind of experience we want....

If I could speak Japanese and Korean, I would like to have dinner with Yuna and Mao. Of course they are both very beautiful and talented, but I would like to know about their feelings and what it is like to be them, at this time in their lives. And to wish them happiness.

If I draw Tonya and Nancy, I AM LEAVING! :p

BTW, Doris P. and Mrs. P are very interesting dinner guests! :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

i am joining in for your weekend meals ;)

i knew we were sharing some vibe here :)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
i am joining in for your weekend meals ;)

i knew we were sharing some vibe here :)

well, sure we do, if I could imagine myself speak something to Patrick and Stephane, I definitely would be muted from hotness of Andrew and Nikolai alone, so I'd get a +1 for Kaitlyn and Laurence:laugh:

Shandy

On the Ice
Yuzuru and Javi for breakfast, as I like their rapport and would have fun picking their brains about the current Olympic season.
Nathan and Evgenia for lunch, as they both seem like fun, and I think I'd get along with them well.
Patrick and Stéphane for a nice dinner, to talk about art and expression (and also to make me feel "sophisticated" :laugh:).

Ender

Match Penalty
Plushenko and Yagudin as they’re back to NOT on good terms anymore.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
well, sure we do, if I could imagine myself speak something to Patrick and Stephane, I definitely would be muted from hotness of Andrew and Nikolai alone, so I'd get a +1 for Kaitlyn and Laurence:laugh:

last year ACI : i got up close with Nik... got his autograph.... he is amazingly perfect.... you have to really see him in person to admire how prince charming like he is ;)

this year's ACI : it was Andrew I got to see from closer.... ermmmm... no comments.. i lost myself in his eyes forever.

Both these guys are very tall but have nicely built frames... they could be models. They have a special sophistication. Their partners are very gorgeous ladies too.

Regarding Patrick and Stéphane ;) i can help translate if we all speak French ;)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Ashley and Adam would be a hoot to have dinner with!

oh yes! And then going to some party with them after dinner - they SURE know how to dance and have a good time, it would be a great experience:)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
last year ACI : i got up close with Nik... got his autograph.... he is amazingly perfect.... you have to really see him in person to admire how prince charming like he is ;)

this year's ACI : it was Andrew I got to see from closer.... ermmmm... no comments.. i lost myself in his eyes forever.

Both these guys are very tall but have nicely built frames... they could be models. They have a special sophistication. Their partners are very gorgeous ladies too.

Regarding Patrick and Stéphane ;) i can help translate if we all speak French ;)

:drama: jealous, but envious at the same time - I'm still yet to go to some FS event to experience it live and I truly don't know how would I react to stand with skaters who I admire, worship that close...And I speak French a bit too, so we could all be on the same page;) :laugh:

PS congrats on 12.000 posts!:cheer::hb:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
thanks... i didn't even notice... i wonder how many are about swooning/patrick :) lol

Ender

Match Penalty
Didn't know that :(

But would you try to get them back on good terms again, or would you stir up even more trouble? ;)
I would just stay there behind the door to see them throwing weird looks at each other like daggers.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Deniss and Stephane...I already know they can cook and from their interviews, I know the conversation would be sparkling.

Yes, I do expect them to cook even if I'm the one doing the inviting ;) They seem to enjoy it. Of course, I would help...