2017 CS Lombardia Trophy Free Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Lombardia Trophy Free Dance

humbaba

Final Flight
I hate the part of L/D's free dance where he pushes her head under his arm. It looks almost abusive. Yuck.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Now I feel weird feeling like the only one who liked Alla and Pavel. I don't know, I liked them.

You should never apologize for liking what you like. This is all just a big opinionfest.

Me? I'm still in shock. No really. What was that????????????????????????????

pearly

Record Breaker
Loboda/Drozd: they are a really lovely couple. I first saw them last year at JGP or Jr Worlds and loved them.

With the entire discussion we have going on about repeat programs I actually have to say I wish they kept their last year's program and reworked it a bit for senior. It suited them so well. That said, at least they did not use the movie soundtrack to Chicago.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I hate the part of L/D's free dance where he pushes her head under his arm. It looks almost abusive. Yuck.

Yeah, that part weirded me out. Felt like he was pulling her head down by her hair.

nimi

Medalist
Nazarova&Nikitin have some cool & unexpected transitions/entries into their elements.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I think one of the reasons why I prefer men and ladies over pairs or ice dance is because I hate seeing the judgmental or disappointed or grim faces on a partner towards another when something doesn't go entirely right. Hard enough seeing disappointment in singles skaters, let alone double the dose with an added 'you screwed up'.

hortensja

On the Ice
Well, another strange program. The choice is really between I put a spell on you or Muse and these last 2 programs? Plus some of the N/N elements seemed really not ready.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
N/N is more Disney Dinner Theater on Ice than a competitive FD program. Did Zhulin choreograph that? It wouldn't surprise me if he did. It's so...so...1990s.

Oh dear. Well I did enjoy their SD.

ETA: Well they took 3rd over P/B.

It's gonna be a really strange year in ID. Really really strange.

nimi

Medalist
Well, another strange program. The choice is really between I put a spell on you or Muse and these last 2 programs? Plus some of the N/N elements seemed really not ready.
I think given time, this program could really work.

I hope they reconsider that overly complicated lift though... I mean the one that was even more complicated than the rest.

hortensja

On the Ice
Yes, the idea is there, but they need to work on it, it was really obvious it's an early season performance.

pearly

Record Breaker
Wow. And here's today's lesson, kids - do not use satin or satin-looking material on ice.

God I hate being negative and always look for positives in everyone's skating. But really, this material looks so heavy.

chameleon

On the Ice
I need to watch again, but I personally really like Pogrebinsky/Benoit, thought the program worked for them even outside their obviously stunner elements. I appreciated that he was the one putting a spell on her.

Loboda/Drozd sold it but their music cuts are a wee bit nuts.

Nazarova/Nikitin's FD I think will be good with more mileage and with the lifts smoothed out, a lot of technical oops.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
After the last two programs, T/F were just anticlimactic. Not their fault. Bad timing.

I will say one thing: the Italians have a genius for skirt design. Not quite up to the gold standard of Anna L's skirt for 42nd Street, but still beautifully constructed.

nimi

Medalist
Dunno about this program but at least Jasmine isn't holding back, so props for that. If you gonna skate to this music, skate big and emote big!

pearly

Record Breaker
After the last two programs, T/F were just anticlimactic. Not their fault. Bad timing.

I will say one thing: the Italians have a genius for skirt design. Not quite up to the gold standard of Anna L's skirt for 42nd Street, but still beautifully constructed.

I thought it was too short. Or too long, but not right. I was trying to find something positive about their costumes to add to my previous comment and considered the skirt, but no :D

Andrea82

Medalist
N/N is more Disney Dinner Theater on Ice than a competitive FD program. Did Zhulin choreograph that? It wouldn't surprise me if he did. It's so...so...1990s.

N/N are not with Zhulin anymore. Last season they moved to USA, at Shpilband's. I don't know who choreographed their programs this season but given they're in Novi it is possibly someone between Lenda, Bourzat or Zuerlein?