2018 Olympic Season: Men's Figure Skating | Page 29 | Golden Skate

2018 Olympic Season: Men's Figure Skating

da96103

Record Breaker
Yuzu - SP 4Lz, 4+1+4, 3A= TE 70, FS 4Lz, 4+1+4, 4S, 4+3, 4Toe, 4F, 3A, 3A+3= TE 150+

Interpretation:

SP:
4Lz
4Lo + Combo
3A

TES 50

FS:
4Lz
4Lo+1Lo+4S<<
4S
4T+3T
4T
4Fake news
3A
3A zayak + 3T zayak

TES below 100

Kittosuni

Medalist
World Ranking/ Olympics Grouping

Hanyu
Uno
Fernandez
Kolyada
Chen
Jin
_________

Bychenko
Chan
Aliev
Rippon
Vasiljevs
Tanaka
________

Ge
Hendrickx
Kvitelashvili
Zhou
Rizzo
Reynolds

Brezina
Yan
Ten
Bresseghier
Majoroz
Aymoz

da96103

Record Breaker
World Ranking/ Olympics Grouping

Hanyu
Uno
Fernandez
Kolyada
Chen
Jin
_________

Bychenko
Chan
Aliev
Rippon
Vasiljevs
Tanaka
________

Ge
Hendrickx
Kvitelashvili
Zhou
Rizzo
Reynolds

Brezina
Yan
Ten
Bresseghier
Majoroz
Aymoz

But Reynolds, Majorov and Aymoz are not in the Olympics.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I'm routing for Javi, because a gold medal would underline an exceptional career of a skater who does not hail from a classic fs nation. Yuzu has his gold already and I'm hoping he comes second, especially when he skates a strong Seimei. This would also yet again highlight Brian Orser's coaching skills. I'm still heartbroken that he didn't win in 1988.
In my heart, I'd like Kolyada to take third spot, but all of the above suggestions might not be supported by the likes of Chen, Uno or Jin. ;)

Step Sequence4

JULLLIEEEEETTTT!
Final Flight
Does anyone know if Nathan is doing 4Lz again or is he planning to skate what he did at US nats? (this is probably a dumb question sorry if it’s a no brainer and I missed something) because completely honestly I feel like an easier layout would give him a better chance at being clean and in turn winning.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Does anyone know if Nathan is doing 4Lz again or is he planning to skate what he did at US nats? (this is probably a dumb question sorry if it’s a no brainer and I missed something) because completely honestly I feel like an easier layout would give him a better chance at being clean and in turn winning.

I'm pretty sure he's bringing the 4Lz back. He had sort of settled into a layout by GPF, though he had to scratch it for Nationals, but I'm sure it'll be back. By SkA/GPF the 5-quad layout went something like 4Lz3T 4F 4S // 4Lz 4T1Lo3S 4T 3A2T 3Lz, though he can still change this around because you can never trust Nathan Chen.

chillgil

Match Penalty
I'm pretty sure he's bringing the 4Lz back. He had sort of settled into a layout by GPF, though he had to scratch it for Nationals, but I'm sure it'll be back. By SkA/GPF the 5-quad layout went something like 4Lz3T 4F 4S // 4Lz 4T1Lo3S 4T 3A2T 3Lz, though he can still change this around because you can never trust Nathan Chen.

Is he for sure trying 6 quads?

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Is he for sure trying 6 quads?

Oh yeah, I obviously can't count... :palmf: I think this was the layout when he popped the 4S or initial 4T, hence my mistake, since this is obviously 6-quad attempts. So yeah, I'm not sure if in the end he'll replace the second 4T for a second 3A or another triple, or do 6 quads indeed.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh yeah, I obviously can't count... :palmf: I think this was the layout when he popped the 4S or initial 4T, hence my mistake, since this is obviously 6-quad attempts. So yeah, I'm not sure if in the end he'll replace the second 4T for a second 3A or another triple, or do 6 quads indeed.

At US Nats, the third jumping pass was a 3Lo, and I still think that's a placeholder for a 4Lo if he feels like he needs it.

da96103

Record Breaker
Olympics and Worlds this year would be the last chance for Nathan to do a 7-quad program.

Next season with only 7 jumping passes in FS and one compulsory axel type jump rule, only an Axel + 4T combo can give you 7 quads.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
those rules aren't for sure changing though, are they??

The one less jump pass and reduced FS time for men is already approved as far as I know. The -5/+5 GOE scale as well. It's the reduced BV scale for jumps that still needs voting on.

da96103

Record Breaker
The one less jump pass and reduced FS time for men is already approved as far as I know. The -5/+5 GOE scale as well. It's the reduced BV scale for jumps that still needs voting on.

If under the current system of GOE -3 to +3, a quad fall gets -4 deduction, does it mean under the future system of GOE -5 to +5, a quad fall gets -6 deduction ?

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
If under the current system of GOE -3 to +3, a quad fall gets -4 deduction, does it mean under the future system of GOE -5 to +5, a quad fall gets -6 deduction ?

As far as I remember from the icenetwork article, the new scale will be applied in increments of an element's BV. The proposal was to make each GOE point correspond to about 10% of the BV (this percentage is being discussed) but we don't yet know how a fall or full negative GOE would actually be applied. Would -/+5 GOE correspond exactly to 50% of a jump's BV? This might actually make a fall on a quad worth less or the same as its basic triple.

dalenofff

Rinkside
I'm voting for Vincent... he is the dark horse.. for him to win, the other six have to have tank the SP and FS.. and I wouldn't wish that on any of the medal hopeful..
So realistically I see him around 4-8 if he skate clean.. :) but I always root for the underdog.. :hap85::hpull: plus he have nothing to loose and no pressure:cool:

sheetz

Record Breaker
Olympics and Worlds this year would be the last chance for Nathan to do a 7-quad program.

Next season with only 7 jumping passes in FS and one compulsory axel type jump rule, only an Axel + 4T combo can give you 7 quads.

He's been practicing 4Lz-4T, so 7 quads will still be possible.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
He doesn't need 4lo either, so still keeping my hope that he will go smart in short program with 4s/4t