2018 Olympic Season: Men's Figure Skating | Page 34 | Golden Skate

2018 Olympic Season: Men's Figure Skating

eaglehelang

Final Flight
Eh, Fernandez has a great deal of hype and pressure from Spain to bring home the country's first skating medal (preferably gold). The only one whose flying under the radar is Boyang Jin.

I think Hanyu has been able to lessen alot of the pressure and scrutiny due to his injury and ensuing disappearance till now.

I think China would be expecting Boyang Jin to bring home a medal due to his 2 World's bronze and win at the recent 4CC. The gold medal hopes are on Sui/Han, Boyang-bronze.

Boyang had ankle injuries yes, but his win at 4CC showed he is fully recovered.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
I love you Jin Boyang! [emoji630]
Good luck tomorrow, Boy Boy, Happy spring festival, get the gold medal! You can do it! [emoji966]

skatenewbie

Medalist
This is interesting because it can be a good or just splatfest... Well we can predict who will lead after SP but FS is too much up and down in scoring because of quads. Imagine Vincent skate 4/5 clean quads and get in podium... Hoping everyone to skate their best tomorrow!

da96103

Record Breaker
This is interesting because it can be a good or just splatfest... Well we can predict who will lead after SP but FS is too much up and down in scoring because of quads. Imagine Vincent skate 4/5 clean quads and get in podium... Hoping everyone to skate their best tomorrow!

First, Vincent needs to pull out the carrots that are growing in his quad garden.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
*is stricken with panic now*

I need Brendan to make the free. Need. He has to. I thought Katia and Harley would but they didn't because judges and I've never worried about Brendan making it but now I'm terrified, he has to make the free, he has to.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
German Eurosport Commercial for the Men's Free program:

"Will Javier Fernandez win the Gold against a new Generation of Figure Skaters?"

Cut from Javier to Jason Brown, Sergei Voronov, Nathan Chen and Shoma Uno. *MEGALOL*

Eurosport, you're in for a disappointment if you want old master Fernandez to battle it out with young upstart Sergei Voronov!

Different priorities! At least Eurosport supports the European Champion.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker

I need Brendan to make the free. Need. He has to. I thought Katia and Harley would but they didn't because judges and I've never worried about Brendan making it but now I'm terrified, he has to make the free, he has to.

karne, breathe.... it's going to be okay.... Brendan WILL make the free....

da96103

Record Breaker

I thought it would be easy to pick which 6 would get the lowest score in FS but in the first group there is already Vincent Zhou and Denis Ten! Even the early groups already have famous names. Predicting which will be bottom 6 can be quite difficult.

Remember the year at Worlds where both Han Yan and Nam Nguyen did not make the cut?

da96103

Record Breaker
German Eurosport Commercial for the Men's Free program:

"Will Javier Fernandez win the Gold against a new Generation of Figure Skaters?"

Cut from Javier to Jason Brown, Sergei Voronov, Nathan Chen and Shoma Uno. *MEGALOL*

Eurosport, you're in for a disappointment if you want old master Fernandez to battle it out with young upstart Sergei Voronov!

Different priorities! At least Eurosport supports the European Champion.

But, why they show Brown and Voronov who are not even in the competition? Did they make this advert months ago?

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
I was fairly confident Deniss would make the free until I woke up this morning and I'm sure he will but I'm :scard8:
If he makes even 1 mistake judges will sink him
:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray: Please be clean!!!!!!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
But, why they show Brown and Voronov who are not even in the competition? Did they make this advert months ago?

No idea who made this commercial. It makes sense for Eurosport to present Javier as the Gold medal favourite, but how they came up with the narrative of 'Javier Fernandez vs. the new generation' and added Voronov and Brown, I have no clue.

da96103

Record Breaker
No idea who made this commercial. It makes sense for Eurosport to present Javier as the Gold medal favourite, but how they came up with the narrative of 'Javier Fernandez vs. the new generation' and added Voronov and Brown, I have no clue.

I think they made it during GPF because Brown and Voronov were there and they skipped Boyang as the 'new generation' since he was not there.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I'm most excited for Nathan, Boyang, and Yuzu and hope they all bring it tonight! SarahSyncro, is Yuzudaughter watching tonight? Can we have live updates of her commentary? I'd rather listen to her than Tara and Johnny... :laugh: :laugh:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I think they made it during GPF because Brown and Voronov were there and they skipped Boyang as the 'new generation' since he was not there.

Well, Javier wasn't there either. :confused2:

I'm slowly beginning to freak out. 8 hrs to go.

deedee1

Record Breaker
I have a question. Japanese Tv showing Yuzu hitting quads and 3As perfectly over and over again. He landed 4Lo today. But I didn't see him jump triples other than 3T so far... Did he jump any 3F or 3Lz during official practice at all? Anyone knows?

riminin

Rinkside
I have a question. Japanese Tv showing Yuzu hitting quads and 3As perfectly over and over again. He landed 4Lo today. But I didn't see him jump triples other than 3T so far... Did he jump any 3F or 3Lz during official practice at all? Anyone knows?

I saw an individual 3F and a 3F in his FS run-through. As the last jump he did 3A instead of planned 3Lz then. So I saw no 3Lz.