Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Junior Free Dance
20 - 24 Sep 2017
Minsk, Belarus

Friday, 22 September 2017, 19:00 Local time UTC +3

Time in other places
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldcl...4&p7=352&p8=101&p9=31&p10=136&p11=286&p12=256

Start Order

Entries

No.NameNation
1Emiliya KALEHANOVA / Uladzislau PALKHOUSKI
SD: Cha Cha, Samba; choreo by Alexander Tolstik, Olga Fomenko
FD: Space Between Us (soundtrack); choreo by Alexander Tolstik, Olga Fomenko
BLR
2Karina SIDARENKA / Maksim YALENICH
SD: Rhumba: Ambientscapes, Cha Cha: Let's Get Loud; choreo by Alexander Tolstik, Olga Fomenko
FD: Horchat Hai Caliptus by Ishtar, Pistolero by Juno Reactor; choreo by Alexander Tolstik, Olga Fomenko
BLR
WDKseniya ZAYATS / Raman BALANOVICHBLR
4Nina MIZUKI / Veniamins VOLSKIS
SD: Cha Cha: Ay Mujer by Rey Ruiz, Samba: Que la Detengan; choreo by Megan Wing
FD: Arrietty's Song performed by Cecile Corbel, Sho's Song performed by Cecile Corbel; choreo by Megan Wing
CAN
5Ashlynne STAIRS / Lee ROYER
SD: Rhumba: El Beso del Final by Rudy Perez, performed by Christina Aguilera, Cha Cha: I Like It Like That by Pete Rodriguez, Tony Pabon; choreo by Megan Wing and Aaron Lowe
FD: Un monstre a Paris by Sean Lennon, La Seine by Matthieu Chedid, Sean Lennon; choreo by Megan Wing and Aaron Lowe
CAN
6Yuzhu GUO / Pengkun ZHAO
SD: Rhumba: Historia de un Amor, Cha Cha; choreo by Xun Zheng
FD: La La Land (soundtrack) by Justin Hurwitz; choreo by Xun Zheng
CHN
7Lucy BURTON / Thomas INGALL
SD: Cha Cha, Samba: Move Baby Move; choreo by Neil Chilcott
FD: Pearl Harbour (soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer; choreo by Neil Chilcott
CZE
8Julia WAGRET / Mathieu COUYRAS
SD: Cha Cha: Don't Stop the Party by La Fiesta: , Rhumba: See You Again by Pjanoo, Samba: Fireball by Pitbull; choreo by Diana Ribas
CD: When We Were Young; choreo by Diana Ribas
FRA
9Sasha FEAR / George WADDELL
SD: Cha Cha: Amor performed by Ricky Martin; Rhumba: Lo So Che Finira performed by Gigi d'Alessia; Samba: Mujer Latina performed by Thalia; choreo by Romain Hagenauer
FD: Fix You by Coldplay; Viva La Vida by Coldplay; A Sky Full Of Stars by Coldplay; choreo by Romain Hagenauer
GBR
10Gaukhar NAURYZOVA / Boyisangur DATIEV
SD: Cha Cha: Mi son entero, Samba: Vive el verano performed by Paulina Rubio; choreo by Sergei Petukhov, Dmitri Ionov
FD: Elegy for the Arctic by Ludovico Einaudi, Etude No. 11 by Philipp Glass; choreo by Sergei Petukhov, Dmitri Ionov
KAZ
WDGuoste DAMULEVICIUTE / Deividas KIZALALTU
12Anastasia SKOPTCOVA / Kirill ALESHIN
SD Rhumba, Cha Cha, Samba; choreo by Sergei Nikulshin
FD Tango Selection by Gotan Project; choreo by Sergei Nikulshin
RUS
13Arina USHAKOVA / Maxim NEKRASOV
SD Cha Cha: Baila Chilly Cha Cha by Extreme RIO , Rhumba: I Love the Way You Lie (the part featuring Rhianna), Salsa: Dein Rhythmus Ist Der Salsa by Vino D'Oro; choreo by Natalia Yanovskaya, Elena Maslennikova
FD Be Italian (frm "Nine") performed by Fergie; choreo by Natalia Yanovskaya, Elena Maslennikova
RUS
14Darya POPOVA / Volodymyr BYELIKOV
SD: Cha Cha: Bla Bla Bla Cha Cha Cha by Petty Booka, Merengue: Can Can Can - Los Reyes del Ritmo; choreo by Larisa Fiodorova
FD: Once Upon a Time in Mexico (soundtrack) by Robert Rodriguez; choreo by Larisa Fiodorova
UKR
15Christina CARREIRA / Anthony PONOMARENKO
SD: Rhumba: Quizas, Quizas, Quizas by Sarita Monitel, Cha Cha: Perhaps Perhaps Perhaps performed by The Pussycat Dolls, Samba: Conga by Gloria Estefan; choreo by Igor Shpilband
FD: Dance For Me Wallis (from "W.E." soundtrack) by Abel Korzeniowski, Abdication (from "W.E." soundtrack) by Abel Korzeniowski; choreo by Igor Shpilband
USA
16Avonley NGUYEN / Vadym KOLESNIK
SD: Cha Cha, Rhumba: Eres Todo en Mi by Ana Gabriel , and Mambo: Mambo Jambo: (Que Rico el Mango) by Dave Barbour); choreo by Igor Shpilband
FD: West Side Story soundtrack; choreo by Igor Shpilband
USA

Last edited:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Note: I'm bad at identifying skills so don't expect any of that nonsense :p

Lucy Burton/Thomas Ingall (CZE) with him in a plain grey shirt/black pants and her in a pretty deep purple dress with lots of silver rhinestoning on the top.

Wondering how two GBR-born skaters ended up skating for CZE.

Cool pair spin with him in a camel position.

Looks like they lost control of that lift early because he went to grab her leg but it had already touched down on the ice (thankfully she was already low to the ground so it wasn't a dangerous fall)

Yeah that ending looked rough, like something was aborted or timing was off.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Next is Karina Sidarenka/Maksim Yalenich (BLR). She's wearing a bright red fluffy skirt and her top is like a bunch of black straps with what I can't tell if it's supposed to be tan (or is just badly matching illusion fabric) between them and lots of rhinestones. He's in a black sparkly top with some of the same strapping/illusion filling in a v-neck, and black pants.

I'm sorry but this top is way too distracting. They did get 1/10 judges+ref costume violation in Riga. Nothing's actually exposed but it just looks really awkward.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Yuzhu Guo/Pengkun Zhao of CHN with her in a red dress with an interesting back and him in a white businessy shirt with black tie and black pants.

La La Land. Of course it is. I'm just surprised her dress isn't yellow.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Gaukar Naryzova/Bouyisanger Dautiev of KAZ, with her in a black dress fading to light blue in the flowy skirt, and him in a black shirt with the same fade to light blue at the bottom of it, and black pants. They're kind of cool looking.

Oh, "Elegy for the Arctic". That kind of fits.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Nina Mizuki/Veniamins Volskis of CAN - her in a red dress with a yellow ribbon belt, him in a blue shirt with a sparkly navy vest and navy pants

Music is from the Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli animation film Arriety (based off The Borrowers)

Some interesting twizzles.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Sasha Fear/George Waddell (GBR) with her in a light blue gradient dress and lots of sparkles, him in a blue gradient shirt (darker start to the gradient than her) and black pants. Skating to a Coldplay medley (Fix You, Viva La Vida, Sky Full Of Stars).

Hopefully this partnership will stick for Sasha. She was with Jack Osman last season through the JGP and then Elliot Verburg by Junior Worlds? GBR ice dancers have seemed to switch partnerships a lot lately.

Not sure if the facial expressions really match the music.

That was a nice skate despite the fall

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Juliet Wagret/Mathieu Couyras of FRA with her in a cream-white dress with a sheer black/grey overlay/black belt and a similarly patterned piece of fabric tying up her hair. He's wearing a white shirt open at the top with grey pants and suspenders. Skating to "When We Were Young."

I like their chemistry throughout the program

Oh hey HI OLIVIER SCHOENFELDER

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Darya Popova/Volodymyr Byelikov of UKR - her in a red dress an him in a white shirt/grey pants with a red band on one sleeve, skating to One Upon A Time In Mexico

Her knee touched the ice while he was holding her up during the end of a lift. Can't tell if it was that she let it drop or he wasn't holding her securely enough so she had to.

Overall didn't seem like a bad skate.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Emiliya Kalehanova/Uladzislau Palkhouski (BLR) with her in a dark-blue-gradient-to-lighter-blue/white-at-the-bottom dress with some pretty sparkle patterns and him in a dark blue shirt/slightly lighter blue pants. Skating to "Space Between Us"

Nice twizzles in their opening.

Smooth rotational lift.

She just twizzled and he didn't? Can't tell if that was intentional or if he was too close to the boards and aborted.

Very lovely pair.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Trying to quickly catch up now that I'm on lunch break... eek, what a scary fall from Sasha and George. I really hope she's okay--skaters holding their heads is a giant red flag.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
in time for the last group...

but i am starving... gotta make lunch in the middle of that ;)
go luck everyone