DeLovely | Golden Skate

DeLovely

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Can't believe that I have now seen 2 movies this year. After 15 years of none. :laugh: It was quite good but I sure wish they would have found a few more singers to to them justice. Krahl and Cole are good but whoever that was that sang Begin the Beguine was the wrong one for that song. And my favorite is still Night and Day. Beguine is probably 2nd. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought they did it too slow. It's too bad they couldn't think of more story instead of dwelling on the gay part. Read a few of the bio's on the net last night and he not only was an only child, but had none of his own. Of course, I went through quite a few facial tissues. :laugh: I cry a lot at movies. Most of all, I just enjoyed the music, and as I said, wish they had better vocalists. Had no idea he wrote Send In The Clowns.

I agree Granny. They should have used singers who can sing Porter the way he wrote them. The best version of Begin the Beguine that I heard was by Johnny Mathis. When he sings it, it puts me in the tropics. I've written to Michelle 5 times to use this in an exhibition.

Another favorite of mine, "So in Love" which was also done badly in the movie. I think they should have gotten broadway singers. Definitely a great Pairs number.

Joe

Glacierskater

On the Ice
Granny,

How come you did not see movies for so long? I think that sometimes it is hard to find one that is worth going to see. We could not get Vanity Fair here, but they will fill up the theater with a stupid movie like Anoconda: Hunt For the Blood Orchid. (I have not seen it, but how many movies can you do about a super size snake.)

Anyway, I bought the soundtrack, and I did not care for Alanis Morsette's (so) rendition of Let's Fall in Love. I love all those songs, but some of them were better left to the artists 'back in the day'.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Glacey
Several reasons. My late husband hated movies and since he was gone, I wouldn't go alone. Actually, when we started going out together we saw about every movie there was. After we were married, we hardly ever went. Also, there haven't been that many I was interested in. I don't like westerns or violence or too oversexed, etc. I loved the old romantic and musical movies. The ones I want to see usually come out on tv. I liked the ones like You've Got Mail, etc. My neighbor lady who was widowed a couple of years ago mentioned going to a movie so we did. It was $4. They have some movie houses in Wichita that are cheaper. None of their refreshments were more than $2. They give you a good sized container of popcorn with your ticket. So, we paid $1 and got the small drinks. They weren't really that small.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Grgranny said:
Can't believe that I have now seen 2 movies this year. After 15 years of none. :laugh: It was quite good but I sure wish they would have found a few more singers to to them justice. Krahl and Cole are good but whoever that was that sang Begin the Beguine was the wrong one for that song. And my favorite is still Night and Day. Beguine is probably 2nd. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought they did it too slow. It's too bad they couldn't think of more story instead of dwelling on the gay part. Read a few of the bio's on the net last night and he not only was an only child, but had none of his own. Of course, I went through quite a few facial tissues. :laugh: I cry a lot at movies. Most of all, I just enjoyed the music, and as I said, wish they had better vocalists. Had no idea he wrote Send In The Clowns.

Wanted to see this movie, but did not make it. Thanks for the review. Actually, "Send in the Clowns" was written by Stephen Sondheim - "A Little Night Music."

I guess, I will have to wait until it comes out on DVD or video.