Arina Ushakova & Maxim Nekrasov | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Arina Ushakova & Maxim Nekrasov

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I feel for them. Not saying if they should win or not, but being on their place and lose the gold just for 1/100 point, I would probably go nuts :biggrin:

The Finn

Record Breaker
I wonder if they will move to seniors for next season? Their SB is pretty good and it should give them at least one GP event. Ice dance teams rarely move to seniors when they are eligible for juniors for two more seasons but in this case maybe they should move to seniors. Both S/E and K/N will move to seniors because they will not be junior eligible next season but I don't know if this would be a factor for the Russian Fed when they will decide whether or not U/N would move to seniors.

elysium

On the Ice
Senior Russian ID is quite packed right now. I don’t see the point for them to move to seniors next year, unless they win the JWC.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Senior Russian ID is quite packed right now. I don’t see the point for them to move to seniors next year, unless they win the JWC.

Russian senior ID may look packed if you compare it to any other nation but by Russian standars it is not packed. The TOP 2 teams are excellent and Z/G is good and S/A did well at their latest CS event but after that there is a huge drop since both S/S and P/M have had a very disappointing season. In any case, Ushakova/Nekrasov have the 5th best SB among Russian teams when counting both seniors and juniors and that is why they should carefully consider moving to seniors after this season even though ice dance teams this young rarely move to seniors.

sunn1ly

On the Ice
They got the highest RD score in the competition even compared to seniors teams. Maybe they should really move to seniors especially if they win the worlds. And even if they dont, if they have the chance of two GPs they should go, they seems ready and if they stay in juniors some other teams will be given chances instead and they will be in a position of new in the seniors field. Also they will have 3 years in this cycle as seniors.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I doubt they could get two GPs without the full support of the Russian Federation (they aren't high enough on the SB list to do it without that help--you're shooting around the top 15-18, I think, to do that during a non-Olympic turnover season), and I doubt the federation will want them to move up this season. With Russia's two other top junior teams aging up into seniors, I would expect Russia to want to spread out the number of top junior teams transitioning up and also want Ushakova & Nekrasov to lead the junior charge next season. With U&N in juniors, Russia's odds of a junior podium finish are extremely high. Without them, they lose that leadership in the junior ranks. (As Shpilevaya & Smirnov and Khudaberdieva & Nazarov both age up and Konkina & Vakhnov are kaput). Shanaeva & Naryzhnyy and Ivanenko & Karpov did quite well this season, but not quite well enough to be medal favorites heading into next season. Anyway, I've been wrong before. The odds will certainly be higher if Ushakova & Nekrasov win Junior Worlds. But I'll be surprised if Russia puts all three of its top junior teams out onto the senior circuit during the same season when they don't have to do so.

The Finn

Record Breaker
They got above 110 points in FD and above 185 points in total at the Open Ice Mall Cup. No FD video at the moment.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
They got above 110 points in FD and above 185 points in total at the Open Ice Mall Cup. No FD video at the moment.

I've tried looking back for the video but can't find it anywhere. Luckily I caught it on the stream before it was blocked for copyright!

It was a good performance. Making JWC even more exciting!

The Finn

Record Breaker
I was hoping they would skate at the Moscow Open Championship which will be held in early September but they are not on the preliminary entry list. If fit to compete they should get late JGP event(s) even if they don't skate at the Moscow Open Championship but hopefully their names will appear on the final entry list.