Arina Ushakova & Maxim Nekrasov | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Arina Ushakova & Maxim Nekrasov

The Finn

Record Breaker
It kind of looks like they will not skate JGP events this season because they are not even on the sub list for the 5th JGP event. If Russian Fed would have thought they might be ready to skate late JGP events then they probably would have included them here also not only for the 6th and 7th event, but we will have to wait for the entries of the last two events to see how it goes.

The Finn

Record Breaker
They have been assigned to the 6th JGP event. Maybe they will skate at the 6th and 7th event after all, will have to wait and see how it goes.

The Finn

Record Breaker
It is official now - No JGP events for them this season. Hopefully they will back soon stronger than ever.

sunn1ly

On the Ice
Oh no, as my favorite juniors I am now worried they may split( because this is what happens when I like some team as juniors) :sad4: . Are there news - is it due to health reasons?

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
@sunn1ly Yes, it's because of Nekrasov's leg injury (I don't remember what exactly). It was known already some time ago, as they were not at Russian Junior test skates because of that. The injury was quite serious and he had surgery, so it's not a surprise that they witdrew.

sunn1ly

On the Ice
Thank you. I knew he undergo surgery, but I didn't know details about when and how serious it was. I was left with the impression that they are training and will be ready for the jgp, so I was worried that there may be something else apart of the surgery. Now I am just wishing him really thorough and fast recovery, I will wait as long as it is needed to see them skate again.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Thank you. I knew he undergo surgery, but I didn't know details about when and how serious it was. I was left with the impression that they are training and will be ready for the jgp, so I was worried that there may be something else apart of the surgery. Now I am just wishing him really thorough and fast recovery, I will wait as long as it is needed to see them skate again.

This is what Fsrussia wrote about it before junior test skates (July 31).

Last week, Maxim Nekrasov underwent leg surgery in Italy. The recovery process is underway. According to doctors, in the near future the skater will be able to begin ice training.

The surgery happened just before test skates but wasn't major one because it was expected that he would be back training "in near future". That sounded like they should have been able to take part late JGP events but obviously his recovery wasn't as fast as hoped.

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Really pleased to see Arina and Maxim at Junior Worlds and I really enjoyed their Free Dance especially, very fun, fast and full of character. The rotation lift at the end, followed by the choreo lift, was particularly impressive, with amazing rotational speed! I look forward to seeing them next season, I'm assuming on the JGP unless they move to Seniors?

chameleon

On the Ice
No, she won't age out until she's 19 unless they've changed the rules, so they have one more year.