Marjorie Lajoie & Zachary Lagha | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Marjorie Lajoie & Zachary Lagha

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
In an Instagram Q&A, Gabriella Papadakis named Marjorie and Zach as her favourite junior team. High praise, indeed.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Colonel Green - Probably also has to do with P/C and L/L having the same coaches 😁. They are very likely one of the junior teams that they have actually seen skate 🙂.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Richmond obviously went a lot better for them than Linz did (and I mean, Linz didn't go too badly at the end of the day, they still won silver). The free dance, especially, has the makings of a signature piece.

They did an interview with ice-dance.com recently, seen here.

Roast Toast

Medalist
They did an interview with ice-dance.com recently, seen here.

Love that interview, especially when they talked about their short- vs long-term goals, their complementing interests outside skating, etc. I was a bit worried after the split, but they seem like very mature and focused young people. Their free dance is okay which means great at the junior level.

A lot of people seem to think C/P are going to be the next big thing, but my gut tells me L/L are the ones who will go all the way. There's much more room in Canadian figure skating for them, they are training with a power coaching team, and they seem well-matched. I'll be looking to see how they compare to the best Russian juniors this season.

Vinyame

Rinkside
Congrats to Marjorie and Zachary! Their skates were beautiful, so full of passion. I was heartbroken when I saw the results :( hope they will finally get their medals at Junior Worlds because they deserve it.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Vimeo has deleted all of my videos :( , so send me a PM if you'd like a temporary download link for the GPF Gala.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
They are surprising leaders after the RD at the Junior Worlds. They have obtained 70.14 points (4 points more than their current SB) and have a 1,45 lead over the second couple (Russians Elizaveta KHUDAIBERDIEVA / Nikita NAZAROV) and 2.58 over their biggest rivals, Sofia SHEVCHENKO / Igor EREMENKO. I would be fantastic if they won the whole competition, but they need to skate very clean.

RD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7LiTIC7-lk

BTW, when was the last time Canadian ice dancers won the Junior Worlds?

Roast Toast

Medalist
Wow, I didn't expect them to lead after the short! Looks like they got some great levels. Here's hoping they can hold on to first place in the free!

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Random observation but I really appreciate how close they get in their no touch midline step sequence (makes it more difficult), one of the reasons why they got the highest GOE on their steps.