Marjorie Lajoie & Zachary Lagha | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Marjorie Lajoie & Zachary Lagha

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Wow if they are turning senior G/P better watch out :clap:
I really like L/L, but I would not be so sure of their instant success when coming into seniors. Look at what has been happening to/with all junior top teams turning senior in, like, last eight years (I wrote eight because Shibutanis had their Worlds bronze in 2011), except P/C. Some have split and are either skating with other partners or not skating at all, and even in case of the comparatively more successful teams, it took this long for S/B to reach a place where they even have an outside chance to medal at Worlds, and four seasons for H/B to get into the US top three and the Worlds top 10 (and that was only because Shibutanis were not at last Worlds and are not skating this season). Mcnamara/Carpenter and Carreira/Ponomarenko are doing quite well, less so Parsons, but they are far from getting into that US top three (well, they are not that far from Hawayek/Baker, but, if Shibutanis come back next season, M/C, C/P and P/P will most likely be further from the top 3 again), although all are really talented teams. Skoptcova/Aleshin are talented too, and so are Shpilevaya/Smirnov, but, alas... (of course, both had injuries hindering them, but still).

And it's not just about "waiting for one's turn". For one reason or another, all those talented junior teams who look almost like seniors in their last junior seasons suddenly start looking juniorish again when competing against more experienced senior teams.

Of course, Marjorie and Zachary can be that team who manage to break this pattern, but, for now, I will remain sceptical. That said, they have a real chance of getting into the Canadian top 3 when Weaver/Poje retire which is likely to be soon.

Roast Toast

Medalist
Imo the international notion of "wait your turn" is overblown compared to the national one. All the teams you mentioned are/were simply pushed down by more senior skaters within their fed. L/L have the right timing and are going senior in what is presumably Weapo's last competitive season. Weapo will already have a difficult decision to make re: TTYCT 2.0 and their coaching team going forward. Morozov is not a good look by any stretch of the imagination. Ironically L/L probably have more to fear from G/P medalling at worlds and finally breaking past their perennially "almost happened" position in international ID.

Does anyone know if Marjorie and Zach are already training full-time? Are they home-schooled?

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Does anyone know if Marjorie and Zach are already training full-time? Are they home-schooled?
Marjorie graduated from high school last year, per her social media. I think in one of her interviews they referenced doing some home studies still; they're not at university, certainly.

Roast Toast

Medalist
Marjorie graduated from high school last year, per her social media. I think in one of her interviews they referenced doing some home studies still; they're not at university, certainly.

Thanks. I'm never sure when you age out of high school in North America :biggrin:

emdee

Final Flight
I think they are technically better than the Danish Canadians. Though the latter has great chemistry.

VM came 6 th in their first senior worlds after their junior worlds win but their trajectory IMO will be hard to beat or match.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
They are on the entry list for Lombardia Trophy:

http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat03109504.htm

Some of their rivals there:
Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SORENSEN
Juulia TURKKILA / Matthias VERSLUIS
Adelina GALYAVIEVA / Louis THAURON
Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI
Anastasia SHPILEVAYA / Grigory SMIRNOV
Alexandra NAZAROVA / Maxim NIKITIN
Caroline GREEN / Michael PARSONS

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just watched the final group of the Lombardia Free Dance, and I can't believe that nobody has passed comment about how they got on.

"Bohemian Rhapsody" is my favourite song of all time. And, for that reason, I normally don't like it being used in skating programmes. Because, with it being 8 minutes long, it has to be severely edited. And it is the sort of song that flows so well that it is very hard to get clean edits.

Well, this programme is is one of the few exceptions. I loved it! The editing was so smooth, and didn't take away from the enjoyment of the song one bit.

OK, so the skating was no-where near perfect. But, when they do get it perfect, I am sure this programme is going to be my favourite Free Dance of the season.

I loved Marjorie and Zach last season, but I love them even more this season.

:cheer: All The Best For The Rest Of The Season! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
2019 SCI FD (No Commentary 1080p): https://streamable.com/vn1so

I wasn't able to find a good quality TSN/CTV video of their free dance, which is why I'm offering the No Commentary one.