Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya & Harley Windsor

Bona Fide Member

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DorYiu View Post
    Hi-5, I am actually planning to go for country flag shopping this weekend, Aussie flag is one of them
    Thankyou :D

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by GF2445 View Post
    I loved how during the awards ceremony, Harley looked like he had no idea what was happening, and how Katia jumped onto the podium without congratulating the other medallists.
    Yes these two are too cute They are going to get used to the award ceremony

Bona Fide Member

2 Not allowed!
    Do you know what I also love about them? When Harley Katia and Andrei Pachin put both hands up to wave in the kiss and cry after a good result.
    Andrei looks like he had been waiting forever for a solid pair team to coach.

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    Do you know what I also love about them? When Harley Katia and Andrei Pachin put both hands up to wave in the kiss and cry after a good result. Andrei looks like he had been waiting forever for a solid pair team to coach.
    Same. Back in the day, Pachin coached a very promising junior team, Bethany McLean and Adam King. Sadly, they only stayed together for a season.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    An interview in Russian.

https://zubakovsport.com/00000658-2/

-

2 Not allowed!
    Great skate by Katia and Harley today!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xbvFq925d0

They're first after the short program with 61 points.

Match Penalty

0 Not allowed!
    I wonder why they don’t go to senior?

Rinkside

4 Not allowed!
    I've been a fan of them since last season and had the opportunity to see them live in Helsinki and again last week at Nebelhorn Trophy. Of course I was overjoyed for their 3rd place finish

If I might share these lovely photos of them I took last Friday outside the building right after the pairs event ended

avatar credit: @miyan5605 ice coverage's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I wonder why they don’t go to senior?
    If your question is why they did not choose to compete in the senior GP series, then you are pouring salt into a wound .

They WANTED to compete in the senior GP series.

The real question is why they did not receive any GP invitation.

The choice was not theirs.

Bona Fide Member

2 Not allowed!
    They're off to the junior grand prix final again!!!
    Congratulations guys. Not the easiest skate for them, however, considering what they achieved last week, it got the job done.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Very very nice

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pooh91 View Post
    I've been a fan of them since last season and had the opportunity to see them live in Helsinki and again last week at Nebelhorn Trophy. Of course I was overjoyed for their 3rd place finish

If I might share these lovely photos of them I took last Friday outside the building right after the pairs event ended
    very very nice.

0 Not allowed!
    Potential scheduling conflict ahoy...

Grand Prix Final: 7-10 December (Japan)
    Australian Nationals: 1-8 December...

Bona Fide Member

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post

I hoe they can manage both. They've come so far to have something this stop them.

Bona Fide Member

1 Not allowed!

Yes, that needs to be fixed.

And for the first time, instead of holding pairs earlier in the week, they have scheduled to hold the pairs events at the end of the championships, with all the other 3 senior divisions. On paper a reasonable decision but not when the grand prix final is the next day.

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, that needs to be fixed.

And for the first time, instead of holding pairs earlier in the week, they have scheduled to hold the pairs events at the end of the championships, with all the other 3 senior divisions. On paper a reasonable decision but not when the grand prix final is the next day.
    I'd say the original schedule wasn't designed with that in mind. They moved the pairs events last year; they could do it again this year, and with more notice, too. Since Paris/Matthew and Jessica/Ryan are based in Brisbane, and I don't think there are any other Junior/Senior pairs, it may not be a totally dreadful exercise.

Of course, the sensible thing to do would be to give Katia and Harley a bye, but that would be a bit of a bummer.

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    I'd say the original schedule wasn't designed with that in mind. They moved the pairs events last year; they could do it again this year, and with more notice, too. Since Paris/Matthew and Jessica/Ryan are based in Brisbane, and I don't think there are any other Junior/Senior pairs, it may not be a totally dreadful exercise.

Of course, the sensible thing to do would be to give Katia and Harley a bye, but that would be a bit of a bummer.
    It would be nice for them to win the actual title, not just get a bye to Olympics (fingers crossed) and worlds.

On the Ice

15 Not allowed!
    Katia got the Australian citizenship.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2...t-winter-games

Speaking after the team uniform launch on Friday, Chesterman also confirmed that figure skater Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya received Australian citizenship on Monday and would be eligible to compete for her adopted country.

Alexandrovskaya paired with Harley Windsor and won the world junior championship earlier this year before sealing a Pyeongchang qualifying spot for Australia late last month.

They would now seem like the obvious pairing to be nominated for Australia for the Games.

There was no official announcement in regards to Alexandrovskaya's expedited citizenship, the AOC perhaps burned by the 2010 experience with Tatiana Borodulina.

4 Not allowed!
    *overexcited giggleshrieks*

Wooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Bona Fide Member

4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by paravolar View Post
    Katia got the Australian citizenship.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2...t-winter-games

Speaking after the team uniform launch on Friday, Chesterman also confirmed that figure skater Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya received Australian citizenship on Monday and would be eligible to compete for her adopted country.

Alexandrovskaya paired with Harley Windsor and won the world junior championship earlier this year before sealing a Pyeongchang qualifying spot for Australia late last month.

They would now seem like the obvious pairing to be nominated for Australia for the Games.

There was no official announcement in regards to Alexandrovskaya's expedited citizenship, the AOC perhaps burned by the 2010 experience with Tatiana Borodulina.
    Oh I remembered Tatiana. There was hype that she could win short track medals in Vancouver, then she didn't, then she returned to Russia.

Also, quote from 'The Australian'

"Australia will welcome its first indigenous Winter Olympian in South Korea next year thanks to 17-year-old Russian-born figure skater Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya, who gained her Australian citizenship in Sydney this week.

Alexandrovskaya and her indigenous partner Harley Windsor are the world junior pairs champions and qualified for the Olympic Games in Germany last month, but he would not have been able to go to the Games without her.

The approval of Alexandrovskaya’s citizenship was the last hurdle to clear for the young duo, who have taken the figure-skating world by storm since they were matched by their respective coaches in Moscow two years ago.

In March this year they became the first Australians to win a figure-skating world title.

Olympic Winter Institute spokeswoman and former national figure-skating champion Belinda Noonan said Alexandrovskaya, known as Katya, had received notice only on Tuesday that her citizenship had been approved. A ceremony was held at the Immigration Department in Sydney two days later.

They are likely to be among the first Australian athletes to be ­officially selected next month, in what will eventually be a 50-strong Olympic team. Most of the team will be named in late January. The Games begin in PyeongChang on February 9.

The Australian Olympic Committee revealed the team’s formal uniform, designed by Total Image, in Sydney yesterday."

-

2 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast