Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Thread: 2017 CS Finlandia Ladies SP

Bona Fide Member

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ic3Rabbit View Post
    I'm the experienced skater. IDK where you got a "he" from. Try any Tango Romantica pattern skate, or Nathan Chen's SP this season has a particularly difficult track to skate to.
    Check out Jeremy Abbott's 2012 SP with all of the swing dance moves for a singles skater, or his recent pro program to Land of All. Then maybe you'll kind of understand why I say a operatic at best Celine Dion cover is not difficult.

There are others I could list but I don't have that kind of time on my hands right now. Go do some homework and learn the sport for yourself a bit.
    Nice to get some insight. But surely, you don't expect a lady to skate to a Tango Romantica pattern. I like Chen's SP by the way. Abbott was great, without any doubt.
    Sad that you don't have any time, so I'm as clueless as before. Some ladies programs (preferable current ladies programs) would make great examples.
    So I still think that Carolina's interpretation and timing is very good, she's not skating through this music (as many skaters sadly do) or hiding her deficiencies with frantic random movements. Again, for me, less is still more. And much more difficult.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by psusanne View Post
    Nice to get some insight. But surely, you don't expect a lady to skate to a Tango Romantica pattern. I like Chen's SP by the way. Abbott was great, without any doubt.
    Sad that you don't have any time, so I'm as clueless as before. Some ladies programs (preferable current ladies programs) would make great examples.
    So I still think that Carolina's interpretation and timing is very good, she's not skating through this music (as many skaters sadly do) or hiding her deficiencies with frantic random movements. Again, for me, less is still more. And much more difficult.
    I never said a woman to skate a tango rom pattern. Although with the right choreographer it could be done. And then there's solo ice dance but that's another story. I mentioned Tango rom because you said you wanted to learn about dance too. Go watch.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by yyyskate View Post
    NOT in the Junior girl's world, there, Judges are sending the msg: cluttered transition is the benchmark of good PCS, which is everything BUT Kostner.
    So what directions should girls aspire to skate like ?
    It's not fair to compare Seniors and Juniors.
    Junior scores are quite meaningless.

Skating is Art, if you let it be Blades of Passion's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    I wouldn't consider Tango Romantica to be one of the most difficult (only the most difficult of the tangos). In terms of executing them well, I would put all of the "top level" waltzes, the yankee polka, the finnstep, and the midnight blues as more difficult. The midnight blues not being as difficult in terms of the actual steps, but in terms of the further artistry that's needed to make it interesting. Tango is not such a difficult concept to perform, it can be more blatant than the nuance required to make blues effective.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ic3Rabbit View Post
    I never said a woman to skate a tango rom pattern. Although with the right choreographer it could be done. And then there's solo ice dance but that's another story. I mentioned Tango rom because you said you wanted to learn about dance too. Go watch.
    Oh thanks. This was a misunderstanding because I meant dance in general, not ice dance. And I do watch. But I would still be glad and thankful if you could mention some current ladies program with particular difficult music to skate to. This would be much appreciated.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    What does that mean?

Bona Fide Member

3 Not allowed!
    If Kostner was judged correctly, then three other skaters were not (their scores should have been higher than what they were given). In any case, not a good situation.

Bona Fide Member

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluediamonds09 View Post
    What does that mean?
    Is this question addressed to me?

0 Not allowed!
    Liza is doing 3T-3T and Carolina 3F-2T. Is Mishin really a genius?

Carolina has been with Mishin for over one year now and I honestly don't see any big improvements. Except for the transition before the 2A. WOW clap clap

Skating is Art, if you let it be Blades of Passion's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Itcaip View Post
    Liza is doing 3T-3T and Carolina 3F-2T. Is Mishin really a genius?
    Well leaving Mishin aside, Liza and Carolina are a couple of the only remaining females in the field these days who have great technique on all their jumps. Amplitude, not overly pre-rotated (although Carolina does cheat a little on the toeloop comobs in recent years), rotations completed in the air, no edge issues (although Liza has to do a less explosive takeoff to control the Flip edge), and not jerking their upper bodies into the rotation.

If all the Ladies in the field were forced to do Lutz and Flip with no pre-rotation, lots of height, and not jerking their upper body into the rotation, then almost nobody would actually have a very consistent 3Lutz+3Toe or 3Flip+3Toe. Karen Chen is the one of the few who is managing it and the judges don't give her the credit she deserves for her quality.

Medalist

1 Not allowed!
    Outrage over Kostner pcs????

Her performance and skating quality leaves current corp of skaters in dust, no comparison.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by treeloving View Post
    Outrage over Kostner pcs????

Her performance and skating quality leaves current corp of skaters in dust, no comparison.
    Oh come on...most judges were somewhat reasonable but did you see judge No. 2 marks ....lol.

FWIW: I don't really care about the scores but that doesn't mean I can't get a chuckle out of it

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Wrong topic

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Haven't watched it all yet but so far my thoughts are:
    Yuna S- she skates so smoothly, even when she messed up it was so graceful. It was like a dream.
    Maria S- last year she was my opportunity to make a trip to the refrigerator. I am really impressed. It's kind of refreshing to watch her, she stands out in a way.
    Garbrielle D- She looks the part but that was rough! Maybe once it's polished it will be better.
    Polina E- The outfit was awkward. Some moments were quite good, I appreciate the little nuances that matched the music.

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    Kostner is a freaking joke . That's all I have to say.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26