2017 CS Finlandia Ladies SP | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Finlandia Ladies SP

Icey

Record Breaker
If Kostner was judged correctly, then three other skaters were not (their scores should have been higher than what they were given). In any case, not a good situation.

SXTN

Final Flight
Liza is doing 3T-3T and Carolina 3F-2T. Is Mishin really a genius?

Carolina has been with Mishin for over one year now and I honestly don't see any big improvements. Except for the transition before the 2A. WOW clap clap

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Liza is doing 3T-3T and Carolina 3F-2T. Is Mishin really a genius?

Well leaving Mishin aside, Liza and Carolina are a couple of the only remaining females in the field these days who have great technique on all their jumps. Amplitude, not overly pre-rotated (although Carolina does cheat a little on the toeloop comobs in recent years), rotations completed in the air, no edge issues (although Liza has to do a less explosive takeoff to control the Flip edge), and not jerking their upper bodies into the rotation.

If all the Ladies in the field were forced to do Lutz and Flip with no pre-rotation, lots of height, and not jerking their upper body into the rotation, then almost nobody would actually have a very consistent 3Lutz+3Toe or 3Flip+3Toe. Karen Chen is the one of the few who is managing it and the judges don't give her the credit she deserves for her quality.

treeloving

Medalist
Outrage over Kostner pcs????

Her performance and skating quality leaves current corp of skaters in dust, no comparison.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Outrage over Kostner pcs????

Her performance and skating quality leaves current corp of skaters in dust, no comparison.

Oh come on...most judges were somewhat reasonable but did you see judge No. 2 marks ....lol.

FWIW: I don't really care about the scores but that doesn't mean I can't get a chuckle out of it :)

Ylyzybyth

Final Flight
Haven't watched it all yet but so far my thoughts are:
Yuna S- she skates so smoothly, even when she messed up it was so graceful. It was like a dream.
Maria S- last year she was my opportunity to make a trip to the refrigerator. I am really impressed. It's kind of refreshing to watch her, she stands out in a way.
Garbrielle D- She looks the part but that was rough! Maybe once it's polished it will be better.
Polina E- The outfit was awkward. Some moments were quite good, I appreciate the little nuances that matched the music.