Russian local competitions 2017-2018 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Russian local competitions 2017-2018

Country
Russia
2nd Event of StPetersburg Cup, 11-15 Sep 2017

Junior Pairs SP - Mishina-Galliamov good, 1st, 59,07.
Kostukovich-Yalin 2nd, 58.
Kvartalova-Svyatchenko throw fall, 52.57.
Osipova-Tarasenko (first competition in pairs for former single skater Tarasenko) - 46.49, not so good pair elements.

hanca

Record Breaker
What is she doing then? Considering it's already second local competition in St. Pete. I saw her with Rafa and thought maybe this girl finally will fix her technique, and will start to work hard on her horrible lutz/flip. And now she's skipping the second event in a row.

She doesn't have to do the small competitions in St Petersburg. As long as she does Russian cups, everything is fine. It seems that she did not get a JGP event, so that means she will have to qualify for nationals through Russian cup events.

hanca

Record Breaker

Junior Pairs SP - Mishina-Galliamov good, 1st, 59,07.
Kostukovich-Yalin 2nd, 58.
Kvartalova-Svyatchenko throw fall, 52.57.
Osipova-Tarasenko (first competition in pairs for former single skater Tarasenko) - 46.49, not so good pair elements.
Any news why Mishina/Galliamov did not get JGP events? That's a second competition where they skate pretty well and pairs who were weaker than them got events.

Country
Russia
Any news why Mishina/Galliamov did not get JGP events? That's a second competition where they skate pretty well and pairs who were weaker than them got events.
Let us see how will they skate FS. If good - maybe they will substitute Daria PAVLIUCHENKO / Denis KHODYKIN who were not so good at Moscow Open.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
She doesn't have to do the small competitions in St Petersburg. As long as she does Russian cups, everything is fine. It seems that she did not get a JGP event, so that means she will have to qualify for nationals through Russian cup events.

Okay, I got it. But I mean, look at Samodurova - what a hardworking skater she is. She participates at almost every competition, and trying to prove that she deserves to be in the main junior team. About Nugumanova I read Mishin's interview, I'm not sure did I understand that correctly, but seems like he said that Liza doesn't care much about trainings. And now she is with unknown coach. I doubt that he/she will force her to work hard, if even Mishin couldn't. But I think Rafa could.

hanca

Record Breaker
Okay, I got it. But I mean, look at Samodurova - what a hardworking skater she is. She participates at almost every competition, and trying to prove that she deserves to be in the main junior team. About Nugumanova I read Mishin's interview, I'm not sure did I understand that correctly, but seems like he said that Liza doesn't care much about trainings. And now she is with unknown coach. I doubt that he/she will force her to work hard, if even Mishin couldn't. But I think Rafa could.
We don't know what exactly happened between Nugumanova and Mishin, so I think it is unfair to speculate. You seem to be quite judgemental. There may be many reasons why she is not competing in every available competition like Samodurova. She may be injured, or has some problems (growth or puberty), or it is simply the strategy her coached decided on.... Assuming that Samodurova is so hardworking because she already competes whereas Nugumanova must have problem with 'not caring enough about her trainings' is ridiculous. It is still early in the season, and maybe she just needs more time.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
We don't know what exactly happened between Nugumanova and Mishin, so I think it is unfair to speculate. You seem to be quite judgemental. There may be many reasons why she is not competing in every available competition like Samodurova. She may be injured, or has some problems (growth or puberty), or it is simply the strategy her coached decided on.... Assuming that Samodurova is so hardworking because she already competes whereas Nugumanova must have problem with 'not caring enough about her trainings' is ridiculous. It is still early in the season, and maybe she just needs more time.

Fair enough, hanca.

Country
Russia

JrDance Final Results
(from chat at livestream) F****n Moscovites, why did you go here?
1. Hudaiberdieva-Nazarov 141.29 (Moscow)
2. Aleksova-Dubov 107.74

Myslitel

On the Ice
All results except ladies. The most interesting - no information and no videos.

There was no livestream from 3rd day (ladies SP), but i seen 4th day livestream (which also was not full). And even that bad quality video not availible now.
As usual for S-Pb competitions, some secrets.... again. :)
All that i remember - senior ladies competition wins Sofia Samodurova with really not bad LP.

Video of her LP - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbb-uaK6yqU

It seems that she can be competitive at the fifth stage of Junior Grand Prix.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
There was no livestream from 3rd day (ladies SP), but i seen 4th day livestream (which also was not full). And even that bad quality video not availible now.
All that i remember - senior ladies competition wins Sofia Samodurova with really not bad LP.

Thank you! Very beautiful program! Indeed she can be competitive.This is her second clean skate in a row. Sad that she has no 3-3 combo in the free program (maybe because in the last season at Russian Nationals she got UR on a few jumps), but more important she does all jumps clean. :)

starla16

Medalist

she has become more expressive but I don't see how she can competitive in russian ladies field with no 3-3 while most russians even now backload all their jumps.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
she has become more expressive but I don't see how she can competitive in russian ladies field with no 3-3 while most russians even now backload all their jumps.

It touches only Eteri's group. Sonya also is backloading all of her combos. She can easy compete against Fedichkina or even Gulyakova.

My fav part at the end of the program, when Sonya accelerates! She has amazing stamina.

starla16

Medalist
It touches only Eteri's group. Sonya also is backloading all of her combos. She can easy compete against Fedichkina or even Gulyakova.

My fav part at the end of the program, when Sonya accelerates! She has amazing stamina.

but didn't she had underrotation problems last season, still she might be better than Nugumanova.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
I just noticed at one channel has started broadcating of one event. This is the same channel with uploaded videos from Open Moscow Cup. Is it another Cup? Can't find a table with the starting order/results. I saw in the instagram Alena Kanysheva and Kamila Valieva participate there.