The "What If" Thread | Page 2 | Golden Skate

The "What If" Thread

Eeyora

Final Flight
What if Gracie skated clean at Worlds 2016?

What if Michelle never had the Riedell contract?

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Thought about this many times:

What if Michelle Kwan and Patrick Chan had represented Hong Kong?

We've seen the explosion of figure skating in Korea because of Kim Yun-A. Would the same have happened in Hong Kong if the children had these two to look up to?

CaroLiza_fan

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

We've seen the explosion of figure skating in Korea because of Kim Yun-A. Would the same have happened in Hong Kong if the children had these two to look up to?

CaroLiza_fan

no :) just no :) Patrick is our national pride. We love him. He was born here too ;) his parents even met in Canada if I am not mistaken.... fruit of Canadian love ;)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
no :) just no :) Patrick is our national pride. We love him. He was born here too ;) his parents even met in Canada if I am not mistaken.... fruit of Canadian love ;)

Don't worry, I'm not trying to steal Patrick off you. I'm just wondering if he would have been an even bigger inspiration to young boys if he had been representing a country that does not have a big history in the sport.

And the same for Michelle with the girls.

See, I'm saying they're inspiring! It's all good! :)

CaroLiza_fan

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Don't worry, I'm not trying to steal Patrick off you. I'm just wondering if he would have been an even bigger inspiration to young boys if he had been representing a country that does not have a big history in the sport.

And the same for Michelle with the girls.

See, I'm saying they're inspiring! It's all good! :)

CaroLiza_fan

hehe i know ;)

but they have han yan and boyang to inspire them.... after all HK is now Chinese...

What if...Plushenko did a double loop as planned on the end of his 4T + 3T combo in 2010? Would it have been enough to win Gold?

What if...Mirai landed a double axel in the FS at 2010 Worlds? Winning bronze and three spots for US ladies at the following worlds.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
What if Carolina Kostner hadn't been forbidden to skate for 2 whole years?

What if Kostner had chosen to tell the truth to the anti-doping people instead of choosing to lie?

What if Joshua had never had his concussions? :cry:

Eeyora

Final Flight
What if the age restriction had never been put into play? What if Naomi was sent to 99 Worlds and Sasha 00 Worlds? Of course Mao 2006, Adelina and Liza pre 2013, Yulia pre 2014, Radinova 2014 and so forth?

What if Kwan stayed with Carrol, the same with Mirai.

What if Denise Bielmann stayed around past 1981?

What if School figures were still around today?

What if School figures were eliminated before they were?

What if Elena and Nikita stayed together?

mrrice

Record Breaker
^^^ I don't think anyone could have beaten Michelle after the LP she skated in 2000. Maria and Irina had BOTH beaten her in the SP and Maria had also won the qualifying. She had a big lead going into the free and it took a perfect performance from Michelle to win that event.

Phil Miller

Spectator
What if Randy Gardner hadn't pulled his groin in 1980?

What if Mabel Fairbanks had a shot skating in 1936 Germany??!!

macy

Record Breaker
What if Wagner was clean at Nats 10 short?

i wonder this very often. i think it would have changed her entire career. if she would have been a 2010 olympian IMO i'm not sure if she would have continued her career afterwards...she most likely would have never moved to cali, since her not making the team was such a big part of that decision. we would probably have never seen moulin rouge :sad21:

mrrice

Record Breaker
i wonder this very often. i think it would have changed her entire career. if she would have been a 2010 olympian IMO i'm not sure if she would have continued her career afterwards...she most likely would have never moved to cali, since her not making the team was such a big part of that decision. we would probably have never seen moulin rouge :sad21:

What I appreciate about Ashley is her longevity. I was at Nationals in 2011 and she did not have a good event. After just missing the team in 2010, I was expecting her to come back with a vengeance yet, she dropped to 6th place. Whoever motivated her to keep going following that season is owed a huge thank you from US skating fans. I had no idea that she'd blossom into a World Medalist so late in her career.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
What if there was no limit on the number of skaters from one country who could compete at an event??

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker

CaroLiza_fan

As a person who is currently living in Hong Kong, my answer would be: If Michelle and Patrick were born in Hong Kong, they would not start skating, instead they will be going to tutorial lessons after school and get buried by homework every day, studying for endless tests and exams. The world would be less beautiful.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
What if Shen and Zhao landed their quad Sal in Salt Lake?

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What I appreciate about Ashley is her longevity. I was at Nationals in 2011 and she did not have a good event. After just missing the team in 2010, was expecting her to come back with a vengeance yet, she dropped to 6th place. Whoever motivated her to keep going following that season is owed a huge thank you from US skating fans. I had no idea that she'd blossom into a World Medalist so late in her career.

That would be Ashley herself. :hap10: