Finlandia onsite reports | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Finlandia onsite reports

synian

On the Ice
The highlight of the day for me was the SD of Gabriella and Guillaume. They were amazing, I'm a big fan. They and the Danish couple were the best for me.
I had a great seat, row 7, and I saw nicely the expressions when they did the pattern.
I got nice photos of Betina and Sergei and Stepanova/ Bukin off ice and one of Gabriella on Friday and Guillaume on Saturday.
I wonder what happened to Roman Galay, FIN, I saw him in the audience. Doesn't he compete anymore... I saw Rahkamo and Kokko, too, on Saturday. It was another long day, I left at 9.40 a.m. and returned home at 23.45.

Hello,

I understand that you live in finland and I would like to understand what the speaker said about Gabriella and Guillaume SD & FD on the tv. Please could you take a little time to translate in english what they were speaking about ?

SD : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR2DxTBkk6s
FD : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjYE-5Mlc-Y

Many thanks

nimi

Medalist
Hello,

I understand that you live in finland and I would like to understand what the speaker said about Gabriella and Guillaume SD & FD on the tv. Please could you take a little time to translate in english what they were speaking about ?

SD : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR2DxTBkk6s
FD : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjYE-5Mlc-Y

Many thanks
I'll quickly recap and roughly paraphrase the SD:
First off he (Jere) recaps P/C's resumé for the viewers. (The program starts.) Jere compliments their twizzles. He says they were very close to each other & the other guy (Ossi) notes how well synchronized they were. (Program ends.) Jere says P/C had told the last season was a difficult one for them with V/M coming back etc. etc. but looks like they're starting this season in top shape and ready to go. He says this SD has P/C moving as one and their skating is smooth, agile and dynamic. He also notes the choice of music was a bit out of the box, i.e. not typical Latin. Ossi says Latin dances on ice are difficult but P/C have done their own version of Latin instead of trying to go for a more traditional ballroom Latin style that might not suite them as well. He compliments how the elements are woven into the program and is looking forward to seeing the program develop even further as the season progresses and that when the Olys come around, it will be a tough battle. Jere echoes Ossi, pointing out how the twizzles are capped off with the stop and Gabi striking the attitude pose and how in general transitions and elements being seamlessly woven together, like Ossi said. Jere notes P/C are both just 22 and how quick their rise to the top was, from 13th @ Worlds to 1st in one season. (The scores.) Very close to their PB.

synian

On the Ice
I'll quickly recap and roughly paraphrase the SD:
First off he (Jere) recaps P/C's resumé for the viewers. (The program starts.) Jere compliments their twizzles. He says they were very close to each other & the other guy (Ossi) notes how well synchronized they were. Program ends. Jere says P/C had told the last season was a difficult one for them with V/M coming back etc. etc. but looks like they're starting this season in top shape and ready to go. He says this SD has P/C moving as one and their skating is smooth, agile and dynamic. He also notes the choice of music was a bit out of the box, i.e. not typical Latin. Ossi says Latin dances on ice are difficult but P/C have done their own version of Latin instead of trying to go for a more traditional ballroom Latin style that might not suite them as well. He compliments how the elements are woven into the program and is looking forward to seeing the program develop even further as the season progresses and that when the Olys come around, it will be a tough battle. Jere echoes Ossi, pointing out how the twizzles are capped off with the stop and Gabi striking the attitude pose and how in general transitions and elements being seamlessly woven together, like Ossi said. Jere notes P/C are both just 22 and how quick their rise to the top was, from 13th @ Worlds to 1st in one season. (The scores.) Very close to their PB.

Oh many thanks for your time. Have a very nice day !!
they were appreciative of the program. I wanted to know how the program was appreciated.