2017 JGP Italy Mens SP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Italy Mens SP

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Vlad had the biggest problem with 3A. Look at that now! He trains in Plushenko Academy 10 weeks. And I didn't see his unpleasant skating...;)
And why didn't he get Danielian's spot? It was pretty obvious after the Moscow Open Championship that Danielian was in no shape to fight for anything, but his coach is Buianova. Samoilov won that thing and now he has no chance for the final. Compare that with Kostornaya. It will require a lot of effort for Plushenko to gain any pull, but he seems to have done good work to get injured Samoilov back together.

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
Alexander looked like he was lacking speed and confidence. Mistakes on all jumps, spins not great either (he struggled with a twizzle too?) but I liked his performance, and his costume (I know I have bad taste don't tell me)

edit: According to the chat this is Maria B's FS music Brian's using? A treat for mrrice.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
As it stands now, if placements stay the same, then for JGPF:

- Hiwatashi and Murashov are both out (need to place at least 2nd to have any chance even before tiebreakers)
- Ignatov is in
- Torgashev would need at least a 123.01 to overtake Joseph Phan on the total score tiebreaker, which is doable based on his PB of 139.44

The spoilers have seemingly done their jobs, making the FS really matter. Slight shifting will heavily affect qualifications.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Great job Matteo, he has started great this season, show that consistency!

Vlad Samoilov was surprising here: the coaching change is paying off, all his jumps in the short are beautiful, high and smooth. Beautiful i spin at the end.

Finally we're starting to see Tomoki closer to the skater he was before the injury with Alex, but still not quite to that level: skating skills are improved, but the jumping technique is now worse, that 3A was so laboured here. Such a shame because at JW 2016 he looked a mini Hanyu/Uno, it was fair to expect some quad at this point.

And why didn't he get Danielian's spot? It was pretty obvious after the Moscow Open Championship that Danielian was in no shape to fight for anything, but his coach is Buianova. Samoilov won that thing and now he has no chance for the final. Compare that with Kostornaya. It will require a lot of effort for Plushenko to gain any pull, but he seems to have done good work to get injured Samoilov back together.

Yes every year RusFed does these poor decisions. Plushenko doesn't have the reputation as a coach yet, but he has to start somewhere: Eteri was the same 8-9 years ago.

But if Samoilov wins here he can aim for a medal at Junior Nationals (maybe even seniors who knows) and then again at Junior Worlds. Let's see in the free, but he was very solid here.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As it stands now, if placements stay the same, then for JGPF:

- Hiwatashi and Murashov are both out (need to place at least 2nd to have any chance even before tiebreakers)
- Ignatov is in
- Torgashev would need at least a 123.01 to overtake Joseph Phan on the total score tiebreaker, which is doable based on his PB of 139.44

The spoilers have seemingly done their jobs, making the FS really matter. Slight shifting will heavily affect qualifications.

Not wishing bad luck on anyone, but I really hope Andrew T goes out and earns his spot!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am so glad that Tomoki is skating these lovely Rohene programs, and in the juniors ... takes far more skill and athleticism than landing any one particular jump. Once he gets the 3A “fully” back, he will be where he “should” be.

Oh, Andrew T., you such a beautiful skater, please pull it out :hap10: IMHO, your LP is more of a firecracker than the SP, so you can do it.

Matteo, che bello! Just wish it wasn’t at the expense of my two of my fav youngsters, but so far you’ve earned it.

Samoilov? Meh, yawn.....I guess it’s me, I’m not feeling it:scratch2:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

Great job Matteo, he has started great this season, show that consistency!

Vlad Samoilov was surprising here: the coaching change is paying off, all his jumps in the short are beautiful, high and smooth. Beautiful i spin at the end.

Yes every year RusFed does these poor decisions. Plushenko doesn't have the reputation as a coach yet, but he has to start somewhere: Eteri was the same 8-9 years ago.

But if Samoilov wins here he can aim for a medal at Junior Nationals (maybe even seniors who knows) and then again at Junior Worlds. Let's see in the free, but he was very solid here.

I think the Rus Fed had no time..when was the first JGP? Vlad arrived in Plushenko Academy in the beginning of August. He was injured, and no one knew he can skate or he wants to skate anymore. His first local competition was in end of August where he won. After he received the spot immediately.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Shoot, I am streaming the Men's SP archived stream, but it's a mess! After about four or five skaters, the sound skips some skaters, and goes to Tomoki's SP, and from there on nothing fits with the video anymore. Unwatchable. :disagree:

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Shoot, I am streaming the Men's SP archived stream, but it's a mess! After about four or five skaters, the sound skips some skaters, and goes to Tomoki's SP, and from there on nothing fits with the video anymore. Unwatchable. :disagree:

Yes, it's not watchable. Go to the JGP homepage.
https://www.youtube.com/ISUJuniorGrandPrix

Click on "videos" link on the menu at the top of the page. Scroll down until you find the isolated videos from the men's event. Then watch the programs on a video by video basis. You can use Doris's start order list at the beginning of this thread to follow the order. Only a few guys' programs are missing completely, and the quality on the individual videos is clear and better anyway. That's how I did it. Tomoki's program alone was worth it.

formersk8ter

On the Ice
Wow! Where did this Vladimir Samoilov come from and why have I never seen him before?

Pity he will not be in the JGPF... he could win it.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Wow! Where did this Vladimir Samoilov come from and why have I never seen him before?

Samoilov had back problems last season. Plushenko seems to have done good work to get him back on his feet, so to speak. He talked about putting Vlad in a special corset to practice his jumps.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Samoilov had back problems last season. Plushenko seems to have done good work to get him back on his feet, so to speak. He talked about putting Vlad in a special corset to practice his jumps.

He wore this corset for a long time https://www.instagram.com/p/BZWIxDJlep9/?taken-by=angelsofplushenko , https://www.instagram.com/p/BXlaIdbliS8/?taken-by=angelsofplushenko