Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Thread: 2017 JGP Italy Ladies SP

I believe in my predictions Ender's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by breadstal View Post
    I may agree with SS and transitions scores
    Young You did perform less than she did at her previous JGP. She looked more concentrating on landing her jumps.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by atsumiri View Post
    and here we're talking about difficulty and Quality.

they're not at the same level in PCS.
    You cannot talk about quality if you don't know: a. what an Ina Bauer is and b. what is being judged in PCS.

Quote Originally Posted by Kara View Post
    Yeah I don't know where the comments on Alena (if there were any) being slow came from because she flies and has a very pleasant glide across the ice that I often feel like I don't get enough from the Russian junior ladies because they have so many transitions.
    There weren't any, it was just a comparison with Rika. No one called Alena slow, but apparently anything below praise and adoration is an insult to some .

Spectator

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by yuki View Post
    There weren't any, it was just a comparison with Rika. No one called Alena slow, but apparently anything below praise and adoration is an insult to some .
    alena is not slow. not by herself, not in comparison to rika, not in any means.
    and in a "russian ladies" and in the several other threads. i've seen a few commentators, that called alena slow, while not comparing her to anyone.
    nothing new here. when people don't know what to critize about the skater that they don't like, they are saying the she is slow or the skating skills is not there.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tjb View Post
    alena is not slow. not by herself, not in comparison to rika, not in any means.
    and in a "russian ladies" and in the several other threads. i've seen a few commentators, that called alena slow, while not comparing her to anyone.
    nothing new here. when people don't know what to critize about the skater that they don't like, they are saying the she is slow or the skating skills is not there.
    I wasn't aware of the conversation in other threads and was just referring to what was discussed here, which I didn't find insulting to Alena at all. How Rika was discussed is another matter entirely (no choreography, etc.).
    FWIW, I like both of these girls and I think that when criticizing them people should keep in mind that they are very young and have plenty of time to develop their skating.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16