2017 JGP Italy Ladies SP | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Italy Ladies SP

nimi

Medalist
I like the shade of grey of Elisabetta Leccardi's (ITA) dress and all the sparkles.
And she skated well! Even though I'm not a fan of Celine Dion and Leccardi didn't have much speed going in/out of her jumps I didn't really mind. Brava! :thumbsup:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Alexandra Feigin of BUL in a black dress with the top clearly supposed to mimic a leather jacket. Fits her music.

She's starting to break out a smile in this footwork. Glad to see her enjoying it.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I'm in Egna watching it live and it's definitely a beautiful venue for a beautiful competition!

I'd say Samodurova was a bit overscored in PCS, especially in interpretation, she wasn't as expressive as the scores say. Rika has doubtlessly been the highlight of the day for me: Kostornaia's jumps were better but what a wonderful program her Kung Fu Piano is! :luv17:

Yeah she was smart there because she played a lot with the judges, so maybe less entertaining for the audience but i can see why she has the highest score in interpretation.

I'd say though that Alena's transitions were far ahead the rest of the field (steps in and out on every single element), she deserved something more on that.

lanark

On the Ice
I'm in Egna watching it live and it's definitely a beautiful venue for a beautiful competition!

I'd say Samodurova was a bit overscored in PCS, especially in interpretation, she wasn't as expressive as the scores say. Rika has doubtlessly been the highlight of the day for me: Kostornaia's jumps were better but what a wonderful program her Kung Fu Piano is! :luv17:

I'm not an expert, but I thought Sofia performed so well! She was even singing a bit, and her expression was good, at least from the live stream, it looked like that. In the beginning she looked a bit nervous, but then she did amazing! And her hand movements are gold in this SP.
I always see people talking about how watching in the spot is different from watching videos, so I'm not trying to disagree. Just saying what I felt.

lanark

On the Ice
Yeah she was smart there because she played a lot with the judges, so maybe less entertaining for the audience but i can see why she has the highest score in interpretation.

I'd say though that Alena's transitions were far ahead the rest of the field (steps in and out on every single element), she deserved something more on that.

You can already see the protocols? Where?

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Annely Vahi of EST in black sparkly top/red skirt dress with a flower in her hair.

Her sit spin was cool. And as Ted said, right in the sun. That had to be annoying.

FSGMT

Record Breaker

I'm not an expert, but I thought Sofia performed so well! She was even singing a bit, and her expression was good, at least from the live stream, it looked like that. In the beginning she looked a bit nervous, but then she did amazing! And her hand movements are gold in this SP.
I always see people talking about how watching in the spot is different from watching videos, so I'm not trying to disagree. Just saying what I felt.

I'd say Tolstoj is right: her program (just like Alena's in that area) was 90% directed towards the judges, so it was probably more enjoyable from the stream than from the stands here ;)

I'm sorry for the Estonian girl: she looked really fine to me, especially in PCS 19 seems really too low :scratch2:

atsumiri

Record Breaker
if they gave Rika and Sofia 6.82 and 6.86 for TR
Alena should get 8+..... not 6.89 .... it's simply not right...
Because she is clearly far ahead the rest of the field here.
not just in TR.....

whatif

Medalist
Kostornaya too close to Kihira in PCS. There is at least 3 point gap there, in Kostornaya's favour.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
if they gave Rika and Sofia 6.82 and 6.86 for TR
Alena should get 8+..... not 6.89 .... it's simply not right...
Because she is clearly far ahead the rest of the field here.
not just in TR.....

Kostornaya too close to Kihira in PCS. There is at least 3 point gap there, in Kostornaya's favour.

I beg to differ. Alena maybe had a bit more transitions, but she was not faster and not more expressive than Rika. On the contrary, her performance felt much more "executed" than interpreted to me. Rika's choreography was more sophisticated and varied, and she really projected her feelings to the audience

yyyskate

Record Breaker
any program is inferior to a transition cluttered program. because, we did the moves and you did not! simple as that. That is "some people's" reasoning... And will always be their reasoning.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Lucrezia Gennaro of ITA in a purple and gold dress.

Wow her music on her bio hasn't been updated since the 2015-2016 season

You can see the tape under her tights and obviously the knee compression sleeve. Hope she's not in too much pain.

whatif

Medalist
I beg to differ. Alena maybe had a bit more transitions, but she was not faster and not more expressive than Rika. On the contrary, her performance felt much more "executed" than interpreted to me. Rika's choreography was more sophisticated and varied, and she really projected her feelings to the audience

OK then.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
At least Alenka had real choreo...
Not trying to offend, just stating opinions...

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Nicola Korck of NZL in a very princessy white (or very faint pink maybe...cant' tell if it's just reflecting the red on the boards) dress

ugh, fall on her first jump

Very nice Rippon jump, wow. Solid.

Layback positioning needs more work, as does a lot of the tech, but that last jump was great!

lanark

On the Ice

I felt so too.
Maybe it's the music choice, maybe it's the choreography. I don't know. But I fell like Kihira had more flow and emotion. That counts for something, right?
I'm still learning about skating components and all that, and from what I've learned I'd say the scores have been fair for the top girls. They have different styles and similar abilities, I feel. They have their strong points and things to be improved, all of them. And overall, they are simply equally amazing.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
hahaha
:laugh2: good joke

nimi

Medalist
At least Alenka had real choreo...
Not trying to offend, just stating opinions...
Are you seriously trying to say Rika had no real choreo? Just... What?!

Anyway... Props for the new zealander, I've heard they have really hard time getting ice time there...