Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: General talk and questions on top ladies

Medalist

5 Not allowed!
    That's how I see power ranking of top ladies after Europeans. 4CC is the last frontier left before the Olympics but it hardly will bring changes as some of the top skaters won't be there.

1. Zagitova (+1) - that's the biggest change. With the world record of 238 and 2 powerful programs which she skated clean she is the main OGM contender now. She has not lost a single senior competition with only 1 competition she did not win in her international career including juniors.

2. Medvedeva (-1) - no one can beat clean Medvedeva. I would still hold to that slogan. But this time it means that she has to be crystal clean: no stumbles and only secure landings. After the injury she is trying to get her famous consistency back. To win over Zagitova she might need to enhance her TES which is risky.

There is a big gap between those two and the rest of the field.

3. Miyahara (+2) - she is at the mercy of a technical panel in any competition she enters because of her multiple URs. But she is consistent and artistic. As the Games are in Asia and Satoko is the leading Japanese lady I would think that she will be judged leniently.

4. Osmond (-1) - same as with Gracie a while ago: if she skates 2 clean programs she can get any podium. But she never skated 2 clean programs.

5. Kostner (-1) - big brand equity, very strong SP. But if she has another disastrous FS like in Moscow she might struggle to get into top-10 at the Olympics.

6. Daleman (+3) - winning the Nationals with 2 clean programs improved Gabby's ranking. Still no successful international competitions this season.

7. Tennel (+1) - clear US #1 lady now. Very consistent. Still has many areas for development to become a podium contender.

8. Sakamoto (-1) - good jumps, strong SP. If the panel gets tough about Satoko's URs Kaori might be pushed up. Otherwise, her FP is not that good as it shows that she is still a skater in progress.

9. Sotskova (-1) - she has the third team spot. She is GPF medalist. But after she was judged the way she was judged in Moscow I think that getting into top-10 is the maximum she can think of.

10. - 12. Chen, Nagasu, Tursynbaeva. I think that those three can bring a good fight to be in top-10 but top-5 is out of question unless there are multiple major meltdowns by others.

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by samkrut@mail.ru View Post
    1. Zagitova (+1) - that's the biggest change. With the world record of 238 and 2 powerful programs which she skated clean she is the main OGM contender now. She has not lost a single senior competition with only 1 competition she did not win in her international career including juniors.
    238 isn’t the world record. Evgenia received a (ridiculous) 241 at the 2017 World Team Trophy.

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by samkrut@mail.ru View Post
    Let me add, she lost to Marin Honda that one time.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tars View Post
    Let me add, she lost to Marin Honda that one time.
    "Let me add, she lost to Rika Kihara* that one time"

Fix it for you

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11