Sk8 Canada Livestream in USA? | Golden Skate

Sk8 Canada Livestream in USA?

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can anyone tell me if there's live streaming from Skate Canada that we can get in US? And if it's free or for a fee?

I seem to recall only being able to watch it on CBC in years past. I'm probably not gonna be in that location this time, and of course I'll be wanting to watch it live.

Any information you can give me will be greatly appreciated! :thank: in advance.

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Can anyone tell me if there's live streaming from Skate Canada that we can get in US? And if it's free or for a fee?

I seem to recall only being able to watch it on CBC in years past. I'm probably not gonna be in that location this time, and of course I'll be wanting to watch it live.

Any information you can give me will be greatly appreciated! :thank: in advance.

If you have cable TV, keep checking the listings of the new Olympic Channel, which next week is showing all of CoR live, with multiple repeats. It makes me hopeful that all of the GP will be covered this way.

The channel also will be showing lots of 2014 stuff from Sochi, including the skating.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The channel also will be showing lots of 2014 stuff from Sochi, including the skating.

That sounds like some very cool stuff. I have cable channel at my other location ... 265 miles distant! I have to decide which work situation to tweak, whether to postpone a dr. appt., stuff like that. the Olympic Channel could be great, if they cover the whole GP that way.

I'm leaning toward finding a way to livestream it, at the moment. So still watching for that information.

Ziotic

Medalist

You should still be able to watch it (and all other GP events) on the CBC stream. You just need a VPN blocker.

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
That sounds like some very cool stuff. I have cable channel at my other location ... 265 miles distant! I have to decide which work situation to tweak, whether to postpone a dr. appt., stuff like that. the Olympic Channel could be great, if they cover the whole GP that way.

I'm leaning toward finding a way to livestream it, at the moment. So still watching for that information.

Since you have cable, you should be ale to livestream Olympic channel. You likely will be asked to confirm your cable provider.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Since you have cable, you should be ale to livestream Olympic channel. You likely will be asked to confirm your cable provider.

:bow: Moxiejan, you just reminded me :eek:: that this is what I did last year! I livestreamed it from another location, away from my tv. with cable.

:thank: This takes the pressure off. And btw, my GS forum site is screwing up, I'm not getting pms or notifications of thumbs up. So that's why I hadn't seen this reply from you until now.

OT: can anyone tell me how to report my problems with the forum? As long as I'm asking for assistance, I may as well go Whole Hog. :)

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't know how to report, but I'm also having the same issues.

thank goodness! I was wondering if the coffee I spilled on my keyboard day before yesterday wreaked havoc on that specific thing on GS! :rofl: Ravanche ...