Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Sk8 Canada Livestream in USA?

  1. #1
    Gazing at at glorious Great Lakes sunset .... skylark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,517

    0 Not allowed!

    Sk8 Canada Livestream in USA?

    Can anyone tell me if there's live streaming from Skate Canada that we can get in US? And if it's free or for a fee?

    I seem to recall only being able to watch it on CBC in years past. I'm probably not gonna be in that location this time, and of course I'll be wanting to watch it live.

    Any information you can give me will be greatly appreciated! in advance.

  2. #2
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    577

    2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by skylark View Post
    Can anyone tell me if there's live streaming from Skate Canada that we can get in US? And if it's free or for a fee?

    I seem to recall only being able to watch it on CBC in years past. I'm probably not gonna be in that location this time, and of course I'll be wanting to watch it live.

    Any information you can give me will be greatly appreciated! in advance.
    If you have cable TV, keep checking the listings of the new Olympic Channel, which next week is showing all of CoR live, with multiple repeats. It makes me hopeful that all of the GP will be covered this way.

    The channel also will be showing lots of 2014 stuff from Sochi, including the skating.

  3. #3
    Gazing at at glorious Great Lakes sunset .... skylark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,517

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxiejan View Post
    The channel also will be showing lots of 2014 stuff from Sochi, including the skating.
    That sounds like some very cool stuff. I have cable channel at my other location ... 265 miles distant! I have to decide which work situation to tweak, whether to postpone a dr. appt., stuff like that. the Olympic Channel could be great, if they cover the whole GP that way.

    I'm leaning toward finding a way to livestream it, at the moment. So still watching for that information.

  4. #4
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    28
    Country: Canada

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by skylark View Post
    Can anyone tell me if there's live streaming from Skate Canada that we can get in US? And if it's free or for a fee?

    I seem to recall only being able to watch it on CBC in years past. I'm probably not gonna be in that location this time, and of course I'll be wanting to watch it live.

    Any information you can give me will be greatly appreciated! in advance.
    You should still be able to watch it (and all other GP events) on the CBC stream. You just need a VPN blocker.

  5. #5
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    577

    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by skylark View Post
    That sounds like some very cool stuff. I have cable channel at my other location ... 265 miles distant! I have to decide which work situation to tweak, whether to postpone a dr. appt., stuff like that. the Olympic Channel could be great, if they cover the whole GP that way.

    I'm leaning toward finding a way to livestream it, at the moment. So still watching for that information.
    Since you have cable, you should be ale to livestream Olympic channel. You likely will be asked to confirm your cable provider.

  6. #6
    GS Supporter Mango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,888

    1 Not allowed!
    Skate Canada International is not streamed on CBC. It's shown on TSN. If you check CBC's figure skating broadcast schedule you'll see it's not there: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/wi...ting/broadcast

    So the Olympic Channel is your best bet. Otherwise there will be posters like auser who provide links to streams.

  7. #7
    Gazing at at glorious Great Lakes sunset .... skylark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,517

    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxiejan View Post
    Since you have cable, you should be ale to livestream Olympic channel. You likely will be asked to confirm your cable provider.
    Moxiejan, you just reminded me that this is what I did last year! I livestreamed it from another location, away from my tv. with cable.

    This takes the pressure off. And btw, my GS forum site is screwing up, I'm not getting pms or notifications of thumbs up. So that's why I hadn't seen this reply from you until now.

    OT: can anyone tell me how to report my problems with the forum? As long as I'm asking for assistance, I may as well go Whole Hog.

  8. #8
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    577

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by skylark View Post
    OT: can anyone tell me how to report my problems with the forum? As long as I'm asking for assistance, I may as well go Whole Hog.
    I don't know how to report, but I'm also having the same issues.

  9. #9
    Gazing at at glorious Great Lakes sunset .... skylark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,517

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxiejan View Post
    I don't know how to report, but I'm also having the same issues.
    thank goodness! I was wondering if the coffee I spilled on my keyboard day before yesterday wreaked havoc on that specific thing on GS! Ravanche ...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •