2017 Senior Grand Prix Predictions Game (Rules) | Golden Skate

2017 Senior Grand Prix Predictions Game (Rules)

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Welcome to the Senior Grand Prix Predictions Game.

You will be pleased to hear that the Rules for the Senior Grand Prix Predictions Game are exactly the same as last season.

So, like CaroLiza_fan did with the ISU and National Games in previous years, I have used tulosai’s explanation as the basis.

Rules (pretty much the same as last year):

1. Guess the top 6 finisher in each discipline at each Grand Prix. Each event will have it's own dedicated thread in which to make predictions. I will provide a list of the entries in the first post in each of these threads.
  2. Only the top 5 guesses of each person will be scored. The 6[SUP]th[/SUP] person you guess will be an alternate in case one of the 5 skaters you pick withdraws or can't compete at the last minute.
  3. The deadline to get your predictions in is one hour before the first Short Program of the event starts. If the pairs are first and they start at 7pm EST, you should aim to get your predictions in by 6pm EST.
  4. For your prediction to qualify for scoring, you must provide the full last name(s) in your predictions. The thread of each round will include the entries for each discipline, so all you need to do is copy and paste. Abbreviations, nicknames, first names will not be accepted.

Scoring

Each correct guess is worth 15 points. If you guess Evgenia will be first and she is first, that is 15 points. If you guess Mirai is 5[SUP]th[/SUP] and she is 5[SUP]th[/SUP], that is 15 points.

Each guess that is one placement off is worth 10 points. If you guess Ashley is 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] and she is 1[SUP]st[/SUP], you get 10 points. If you guess Mai is 5[SUP]th[/SUP] and she is 6[SUP]th[/SUP], you get 10 points.

Each guess that is two placements off is worth 5 points. If you guess Kaetlyn is 4[SUP]th[/SUP] and she in 2[SUP]nd[/SUP], you get 5 points. If you guess Carolina is 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] and she is 5[SUP]th[/SUP] you get 5 points.

Grand Prix Final

For the Final round of the Grand Prix Predictions Game (the Grand Prix Final), the rules are the same as usual EXCEPT for the points scored.

1. As this Championship is the finale of the Grand Prix Series, there will be DOUBLE POINTS on offer. So, it will be:

30 points for guessing right;
    20 points for 1 place out;
    10 points for 2 places out.
  2. If you get the podium correct in any discipline, you will get a 30 point bonus.
  3. If you get all six predictions correct, you will get a 60 point bonus.

Consequently, you can earn up to 960 points for this round. (Thank you to Mrs. P for the idea of giving bonus points!)​

These are the competitions that are rounds of the Predictions Game:

Senior Grand Prix Game

Round 1: Cup Of Russia (20th – 22nd October 2017)
Round 2: Skate Canada (27th – 29th October 2017)
Round 3: Cup Of China (3rd – 5th November 2017)
Round 4: NHK Trophy (10th – 12th November 2017)
Round 5: Trophée de France (17th – 19th November 2017)
Round 6: Skate America (24th – 26th November 2017)
Round 7: Senior Grand Prix Final (7th – 10th December 2017)

This thread will be available for general discussion about the game, and for analysing how the game is progressing. But, please keep the predictions and subsequent discussion about each event in the specific thread for that event:

Cup Of Russia: Predictions Game Round 1
Skate Canada: Predictions Game Round 2
Cup Of China: Predictions Game Round 3
NHK Trophy: Predictions Game Round 4
Trophée de France: Predictions Game Round 5
Skate America: Predictions Game Round 6
Senior Grand Prix Final: Predictions Game Round 7

The scores for all the rounds will be recorded in the spreadsheet, which can be found at:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tq0k1aqsflGPbSihKEA-41VX1iXJWmKjfxlY4e1fFyU/edit?usp=sharing

Plus, if you want a handy way to keep track who is on the podium in each round, we have the HALL OF FAME thread, which can be found at:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?66076-2017-Senior-GP-Game-HALL-OF-FAME!

Thank you so much to CaroLiza_fan and the scorers of last year’s GP Game for making it such a success. This new game would not have been possible without you!

Good luck everybody!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Awww. Thank you for the kind words.

By the way, I just saw that TSL are doing their version of the Predictions Game this year again. BUT, the difference this time is that you have to pay a $3 subscription for the privilege of playing.

Erm, no thanks. Our's is much more fun, and it's free to play! :agree:

And I'm not just saying that as somebody who organises Predictions Games on here. The community element on here does make it more fun.

CaroLiza_fan

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
By the way, I just saw that TSL are doing their version of the Predictions Game this year again. BUT, the difference this time is that you have to pay a $3 subscription for the privilege of playing.
lol obv ours is much better
The thought of giving them my money makes me shudder:laugh:

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Agree :agree: I don't like paying money, especially not to TSL for something crazy like that, haha.I love ours and I love how it's free :love:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just for the record TSL's game is free, but Dave and co are asking for donations through Patreon and giving bonus points for members.

I play both games, but I like GS's scoring system where you get points for guesses that are close to correct, whereas TSL doesn't score this way - you need to guess each placement correctly to get the points.