2017 Ladies' Grand Prix Preview/Analysis | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 Ladies' Grand Prix Preview/Analysis

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
It is amazing how some here continue to discount Canadian ladies. Not to worry, as Kaetlyn and Gabby will continue to build their season, with the same power, athleticism, grace and ability to peak at the right time, as they did last season. I look forward to seeing them on multiple podiums this season, as will be the case. ;)

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Well, I don't agree with you on that point but I'd rather not argue that right now. I applaud you for your optimism, though. ;)

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I think we should remember that Gabby had surgery over the summer and, therefore, is probably not as far along in her preparation for the season relative to many of the athletes she just competed against. Let's give her time.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Medvedeva and Zagitova are locked, Osmond is likely because she will be given a free win at Skate Canada. After that we've got around 10 Russian/Japanese/American ladies all fighting for the remaining spots. It will likely come down to underrotation calls. Fun.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I agree with most of this, but I think (and hope) that you are underestimating Nagasu. She's been much more consistent this summer while Radionova, for example, seems to be regressing. Ideally, Nagasu would be ahead of Kostner but her 70+ pcs will take her places. Also, Russian Cup is showing us that Tsurskaya is back on form which could shake things up a bit.

I love Kostner skating but seriously I think the scores she gets are ridiculous and go against common sense :slink:

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Yes, if those scores happened for her level of skating but for oh say, Zhenya in 10-15 years, there would be so much more outrage.

Artemisa

Final Flight
Well,
I think medvedeva and zagitova are a safe bet. Osmond because of Skate canada.
The other finalist:
_ pogorilaya ... if she skates well she can be 2 in Canada and win America
_ Sotoskova ... 2 or 3 in France or Canada
_ Mihara or Miyahara

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Well,
I think medvedeva and zagitova are a safe bet. Osmond because of Skate canada.
The other finalist:
_ pogorilaya ... if she skates well she can be 2 in Canada and win America
I'm with on you on the Skate Canada part but I'm going with Polina for Skate America. Everyone's underrating her, I don't know why :confused::disapp::dev2:

tars

Record Breaker
Interesting read, but that JGPF list would be accurate before first starts of the season, not so much at this point.

lbamda

On the Ice
It seems that after the first stage the topic starter should introduce amendments in the analysis - chances Kostner on the final aren't truly estimated.

tjb

Match Penalty
i wouldn't be too excited about carolina's silver. she had her first clean skate in a long time.
ashley started her season with a win at skate america last year. and did not qualified to the final at the end. carolina could be as disastrous as ashley at her second gp.

Artemisa

Final Flight
I'm with on you on the Skate Canada part but I'm going with Polina for Skate America. Everyone's underrating her, I don't know why :confused::disapp::dev2:

I agree with you ... I'm not understimate polina ( i love her SP and she is the reason I begin to watch JGP) ... I think she can win America if anna fails ... the problem is NHK ... the jury loves carolina and miyahara can be a problem in her country ...

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Already itching for Skate Canada to start! We’ll see how Anna is doing, we’ll see if Alaine has made strides, we’ll see if Maria can win , and we’ll see if Karen and Ashley rotate their jumps.

Huge questions I have are whether or not Kaetlyn will skate clean; if Ashley still receives high PCSwith her programs; how Marin fares.

G— Maria
S— Kaetlyn
B— Marin

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Okay, now that you've torched tjb's clearly labeled personal analysis, I'll share mine :biggrin:
1) Medvedeva
2) Zagitova
3) Mihara
4) Tsurskaya
5) Miyahara
6) Osmond

Alternates:
7) Kostner
8) Honda
9) Daleman

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
The only reason that I'm putting them there is because that's where I feel that they have earned their spot. Right now, Daleman is still recovering from surgery, obviously, and nobody knows right now how her GP will turn out. For Osmond, I don't think that she should be higher when she's yet to put two clean programs together; the others up there have. That's it. If Kaetlyn does that at SC, then I can put her higher.
SpiralS for Miles
More than one spiral has been miles long!!

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Yes, the current World Silver and Bronze medalist, spiral, deserve nothing better than to be placed in a 6th and 9th placement for this GP season, in your opinion. My words to you are, never underestimate a Canadian. Perhaps we will chat more about your pre-season predictions, post season.

tjb

Match Penalty
the current world bronze medalist was beaten at finlandia trophy by alena leonova. lol

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
the current world bronze meadlis was beaten at finlandia trophy by alena leonova. lol

I didn't even remember Leonova being there :p

Gabby looked rough but she's recovering from injury and not in top form. That makes a difference.