2017 Denkova-Staviski Cup | Golden Skate

2017 Denkova-Staviski Cup

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
All the best to the Irish skaters competing in Sofia!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

Conor Stakelum is in Senior Men; my fellow Northerner, Sam McAllister, is in Junior Men; while Elizabeth Golding is in Advanced Novice Ladies.

Although, I am a bit disappointed that we only have 4 entires in Junior Men. That said, there are only 3 entries in Advanced Novice Men. So at least the Junior guys can say they weren't in the smallest competition!

I also want to send out best wishes to two of my adopted daughters competing in Senior Ladies, both of whom I have not seen in action for a long time. Camilla Marie Gjersem missed most of last season through injury, while I plain don't know why Jenni Saarinen was off our radars.

Hope it is a good competition.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Junior Ladies:
Alexandra Feigin, Bulgaria: 154.35 1 1
Olga Mikutina, Austria: 143.75 2 2
Sofia Sula, Finland: 138.26 3 3

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Senior Ladies:
Micol Cristini, Italy: 164.21 1 1
Lea Serna, France: 147.57 3 2
Natasha McKay, Great Britain: 138.94 6 3

Andrea82

Medalist
Davidé Lewton Brain (Monaco) just achieved the minimum TES for Europeans. He already had the SP minimum.

Basar Oktar easily got the FS minimum TES for Worlds (77.79 vs 64). But he hasn't the SP one yet in a Sr event (he did it in Jr GP)

He's in the lead with a 202.63 score. He's 15 years old.

Podium:

1) Aymoz 225.29
(and he got the World FS minimum TES. I didn't realize that he didn't achieve it last season)

2) Oktar 202.63

3) Demirboga 178.72

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
SAM WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :points: :party2:

https://www.facebook.com/iceskating...512286511656/1863472327015639/?type=3&theater

He was 0.19 behind Tom Bouvard in the Free Skate, but the 5.20 lead he had from the SP was enough to give him the title. :points:

Oh, and Sam's FS score was a new PB! By the small margin of 19.12 points! :jaw: :bow: :bow:

So proud of you Sam!!! :agree:

Unless I am very much mistaken, this weekend will be 5 years since the last time somebody from Northern Ireland won an international competition. That was when Jenna McCorkell won the Senior Ladies title at the 2012 Ice Challenge. And that was only a month after she won her first Senior B, at the Ondrej Nepela.

Talk about a perfect time for Sam to end our drought!

We're not Brazil, we're Norn Iron!!!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Yay Sam! You've made CaroLiza_fan very happy :biggrin:

I am absolutely beaming with pride! :biggrin:

Like, Northern Ireland doesn't have many figure skaters. So, for a young lad from my part of the world to win an international figure skating competition. It's not something that happens every day.

After the devastation I felt this morning when I finally watched the Ladies FS from Skate Canada, hearing this has just made my year!

CaroLiza_fan

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
wow Basar's TES is huge!! esp considering he just added 3A this season and he landed 2 in LP!!!! his growth is amazing and makes me so excited!! :yahoo: well done :clap::hap57:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Unless I am very much mistaken, this weekend will be 5 years since the last time somebody from Northern Ireland won an international competition. That was when Jenna McCorkell won the Senior Ladies title at the 2012 Ice Challenge. And that was only a month after she won her first Senior B, at the Ondrej Nepela.

Talk about a perfect time for Sam to end our drought!

Scratch that – Sam has won an international before. He won the Junior Men's title at the 2016 Kempen Trophy in Germany. He was representing Team GB at the time, so I think that's why I missed hearing about it.

Hey, it just shows how much better the ISAI are at letting us know about things like this! ;) :biggrin:

Keep up the good work!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
wow Basar's TES is huge!! esp considering he just added 3A this season and he landed 2 in LP!!!! his growth is amazing and makes me so excited!! :yahoo: well done :clap::hap57:

Here's two of us that are so proud of our fellow countrymen!

Have to be honest, I was actually expecting Başar to be up near the top. But to finish 2[SUP]nd[/SUP], and to be so far ahead of the rest of the field, was more than I could have imagined!

But where has Burak Demirboğa suddenly poped out of?! Despite him being 21, and despite competing at competitions I have watched, he has never registered on my radar before. Yet he was 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] in each segment here.

I'm telling you, Turkish figure skating is looking very promising for the future.

Can we have some of whatever you're feeding them?! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Here's two of us that are so proud of our fellow countrymen!

Have to be honest, I was actually expecting Başar to be up near the top. But to finish 2[SUP]nd[/SUP], and to be so far ahead of the rest of the field, was more than I could have imagined!

But where has Burak Demirboğa suddenly poped out of?! Despite him being 21, and despite competing at competitions I have watched, he has never registered on my radar before. Yet he was 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] in each segment here.

I'm telling you, Turkish figure skating is looking very promising for the future.

Can we have some of whatever you're feeding them?! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

1st saw Burak at JGP, i think he had Super Mario program, he has a brother also a figure skater,
if i am not wrong he added 3A this season which explains the rise on his score :biggrin: and it doesnt look bad :agree:
i am very hopeful of the way Turkish figure skating is progressing, esp in mens :yahoo: and Federation seems supportive too, having FS camps and sending them to other countries like USA, Russia, Italy? to train :agree: