2018 Sofia Trophy | Golden Skate

2018 Sofia Trophy

CdnSk8Fan

Rinkside
I see that another Cdn boy has switched to ISR!
David Birinberg who finished 14th at 2018 Canadian Tire National Skating Championships - Jr Men
ETA: must have missed seeing that he competed at Mentor Torun Cup 2018 as well at the end of January.
That seems like a fast turnaround and release from Skate Canada seeing that he only finished competing at Cdn nationals Wed Jan 1 and was at Mentor Cup for Jan 30th.

FPl. Name Club Nation Points SP FS
1 Kims Georgs PAVLOVS LAT LAT 173.90 2 1
2 Alexander ZLATKOV ELI BUL 170.30 1 2
3 Chadwick WANG SGP SGP 157.37 4 3
4 David BIRINBERG ISR ISR 149.73 5 4
5 Vassil DIMITROV IDS BUL 134.09 3 5
6 Benjam PAPP FIN FIN 127.01 6 6
7 Nikola ZLATANOV IDS BUL 112.93 7 7

thorag

On the Ice
Country
Iceland
I see that another Cdn boy has switched to ISR!
David Birinberg who finished 14th at 2018 Canadian Tire National Skating Championships - Jr Men
ETA: must have missed seeing that he competed at Mentor Torun Cup 2018 as well at the end of January.
That seems like a fast turnaround and release from Skate Canada seeing that he only finished competing at Cdn nationals Wed Jan 1 and was at Mentor Cup for Jan 30th.

If he hasnt competed Internationally for Canada I dont think the wait time is that long ( i.e. the 18 months required by ISU) However I find is odd that Canada released him quickly too. I wonder if this is an error by event manager and that maybe there was no letter of release. Just speculating here :scratch2:

CdnSk8Fan

Rinkside
If he hasnt competed Internationally for Canada I dont think the wait time is that long ( i.e. the 18 months required by ISU) However I find is odd that Canada released him quickly too. I wonder if this is an error by event manager and that maybe there was no letter of release. Just speculating here :scratch2:

I guess they had to rush him to comp's so he could get the scores for Jr Worlds as he is listed along with Mark GORODNITSKY as going.

Sorry, I meant Jan 10 not Jan 1 as his last comp within Canada.. He did not skate internationally for Canada and my understanding from someone else I know who went through the release process for their skater a few years ago was that the paperwork was quite cumbersome and took quite a bit of time -unless it was already underway in which case he should have been fair about this and pulled to let the next alternate compete at Cdn Nats.